>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Well done Rozie for giving the thread a boost! I'm sure there are a few people (me included) who might have started this in Jan and are beginning to lose enthusiasm a bit. Maybe the new people could liven us up a bit? :)

Having said that, well done to the losers this week ;) Some good losses there.

Mandy... glad the surgery went ok and hope you'll be all clear when the next smear is due. Weight off your mind I imagine (shame we can't count those losses eh :D)

So... what everyine eating tonight? I had an indian last night and a couple of drinks with a friend so I'm being mega good for the rest of the week. Dinner tonight will be pork steak, roasted veg and 1 syn pepper sauce. Can't wait :D

Last edited:
SarahCroz said:
Well done Rozie for giving the thread a boost! I'm sure there are a few people (me included) who might have started this in Jan and are beginning to lose enthusiasm a bit. Maybe the new people could liven us up a bit? :)

Mandy... glad the surgery went ok and hope you'll be all clear when the next smear is due. Weight off your mind I imagine (shame we can't count those losses eh :D)

So... what everyine eating tonight? I had an indian last night and a couple of drinks with a friend so I'm being mega good for the rest of the week. Dinner tonight will be pork steak, roasted veg and 1 syn pepper sauce. Can't wait :D

Im having grilled chicken breast with jacket and mixed veg! Yumm. So simple so lovely! Going to only have 1 red meat meal a week now so I'm having fish or grilled chicken with all my other lunches / teas. Bought a new George foreman sooo going to try and up my loss this week!

What's everyone else having!? :)

I've just hit sainsburys, Tesco, Morrisons & co-op reduced sections & promotions so we're having pasta 'n' sauce (free one..don't know which yet) with salad (lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, mushrooms) followed by a mullet light. WI tomorrow morning for me & I'm hoping I've done enough exercise today with all the shopping & lugging groceries around on the bus (the supermarkets are all miles apart & I have to be home to pick my daughter up from school so one mad day on & off buses to hit them all!) I'm worn out & ready for bed lol

I'm having a casserole.. I hope it turns out nice lol I just bunged ingredients together. I put 3 large chicken breasts, chopped, into an oven dish, with parsley, thyme and white pepper, 2 crushed garlic cloves, green beans, petis pois, carrot, swede, 2 chicken stock cubes, and 500ml boiling water mixed with a veg stock pot. Covered it with tin foil and on 200 for the forseeable future haha.

I've actually just realised today that since I found out about the pre-cancerous cells my SW plans have literally gone out the window..being worried, eating more, feeling crap after WI so.....yes...eating more again.... vicious circle. But we've planned to go away with the kids for the August Bank Holiday weekend. (Originally had planned to go somewhere as a family each day for a week in July, but OH now has a new job thank God so it's put the kibosh on that). We'll be staying in a hotel at least one of those nights on the weekend...somewhere nice. I intend to take lots of pics and BE IN THEM....so there's some new motivation.

3 stone gone so far...just under 5 stone left til target... I want at least 2-3 of those gone by August. It's possible if I really knuckle down now...and I intend to. Quote me on it!

Mandy your casserole sounds lovely!!!!! Mmmmm.. enjoy!!

I'm same as you, aiming to loose 3 stone atleast by October and 5 stone ideally by xmas. That on top of what I've lost so far would be 8 1/2 stone, then I'd like to loose another 2 stone over next year. I always work in half stone goals tho, the overall is just such a high mountain to climb yanno!? :)

Ahhh I'm getting more and more nervous about training tomorrow morning. Has anyone ever used a personal trainer before, is it as awful/awkward as I'm expecting?? :S

Yes they do get you through some tough times dexters mum, I had a tri boy called Duke and I mean he was great to talk to I know it sounds silly but he was lol. And aww hope shes not playing you up too much x

Yeah, I was just about to cry, as I haven't received a private message!! :cry:

But then I get to you mentioning me, ;)

I have lost 7lb today, So I am well chuffed, That leaves me needing another 3 stone 8 1/2lbs, to get to 6 stone in a year, but I do have another 9 months to go!!
:D

How much have you lost since you started the challenge mister? tell me so i can update :p

Hey girls, and guys. Had the surgery today and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. They gave me four injections up the hoo-ha which WERE nasty, but then I didn't feel a blessed thing until around 4.30pm when I started getting very crampy. Luckily I have a great stock of pain killers lol. OH is away with work and won't be home until tomorrow evening at the very earliest, so his mother took the baby for the day/night so I could relax afterward. I did end up going for a lie down for a few hours this lunch time, but since the pain meds kicked in I've gotten to cleaning the house while I have no baby running around. Getting great work done lol

As for the surgery itself... it went well, I think. It had spread a little bit, but they're positive they got it all, and are sending it for another biopsy just to be sure it hasn't progressed to cancer. If I hear from them at all it'll be bad news...but if I don't hear from them, it's all good in the hood (or the hoo-ha, lol). I've to go back in 6 months for another smear just to be sure they caught it all and to see if my cells have returned to normal. In the meantime I'm supposed to give up smoking or it will return. Ehm.... I'll be as big as a house.

I'm afraid I did comfort eat a bit today, and I know the scales are going to show a STS or a small gain, but that's okay as I can't go to group this week anyway with OH away and nobody to mind the baby...so next week I'll have a lovely loss. I will. I definitely will. I can actually relax now that it's done and nothing heinous was found!

By the way, well done Fatbegone! Most scales are liars, and I mostly gave up scale hopping ages ago (when Rozie challenged me to not step on them for a week!) and now only step on them the odd time.

Welcome back to the ones who have rejoined us, and a big hurry-on-back to the ones who have been awol for a while!

Okay...off to finish the cleaning and then going to relax for the evening.

Mandy I am so happy to hear that the op went well.. please make sure you start looking after yourself.. even if you're not sw'ing.. dont eat anything nasty as this is the time that your body needs lots of lovely and nutrious foods so it can heal..

this is the time to lose weight to beat all the nasties in your body- we can do this mandy!

and im so happy to hear you dont scale hop too LOL and happy to hear it was me who stopped you :p

x

Aww mandy, so pleased its over. Fingers crossed you don't hear from them and if I was you I'd watch a film and relax tonight! Start as of tomorrow and pop your feet up!

Roziee we re here to help! You offer fab advice to all of us so we re here to help :)

Yep lesson learnt with scales.. I'm going to get my 3 and half stone award next week, 1 and half away. Easily achievable! I'm 19.5 lb down this year so far... Really hoping to loose a stone more ideally before my sons birthday June 17th. I'm also running race for life June 25th so starting my training, I want to run the finish line as my dad who has lymphoma is coming to watch.. makes me cry just to think of him watching me cross the finish line. I've walked it 3 years in a row but I'm going to be doing it -hopefully- 4 and half stone lighter and running as much as I can.. :)

Xx

no scale hopping for you to fatbegone :p
Im sure fatbgone you will make him so proud.

Glad the surgery went well Mandy.

On a different not I got a loss of 4 and a quarter pound on my first WI yes the quarter is important to me lol its a positive start x

oh thats great, well done hun.. so is that your total loss since you started the challenge? i need to update your stats x
Oh this is a great thread & exactly my target, is it too late to join? I know we're four months in but id still like to try for 6st by the end of December, am i too late?

never late to join.. i will add you on to the list right away.. should i put a target of 84lbs (6 stones)?

x

its my buffday tomorrow so the family is coming over for take out LOL x

yes i agree- once im off my holiday this thread will be ful of challenges! lol x

How much have you lost since you started the challenge mister? tell me so i can update :p

I am not sure exactly when I joined the thread, but I think I pretty much joined it not long after starting, My challenge was 6 stone lost within 12 months of starting sw classes, So my target date is 23rd Janruary 2013!! At Monday's weigh in I have lost 2st 5 1/2lb!!
Is that ok??

dextersmum said:
I've only just joined too so big hi and welcome xx

Hi dextersmum, thanks for the welcome! I love joining things like this, definitely makes me more determined, 6st in 8 months seems huuuuge, but hey i do enjoy a challenge!

Good Luck Everyone ? xx

Hi dextersmum, thanks for the welcome! I love joining things like this, definitely makes me more determined, 6st in 8 months seems huuuuge, but hey i do enjoy a challenge!

Good Luck Everyone ? xx

Its doable. I did my first 6 stone in just under 8 months, just gotta do it once more and i've cracked it!

Mandy your casserole sounds lovely!!!!! Mmmmm.. enjoy!!

I'm same as you, aiming to loose 3 stone atleast by October and 5 stone ideally by xmas. That on top of what I've lost so far would be 8 1/2 stone, then I'd like to loose another 2 stone over next year. I always work in half stone goals tho, the overall is just such a high mountain to climb yanno!? :)

Ahhh I'm getting more and more nervous about training tomorrow morning. Has anyone ever used a personal trainer before, is it as awful/awkward as I'm expecting?? :S

I had a PT to get me started at the gym and it's ok, he was excepionally young and fit and I was 19 stone and 42 and thought I would feel really stupid but I really enjoyed it and it gave me alot of confidence to use the gym and see that my body is capable of being pushed and im fitter than I thought.

Lucia Lucia said:
I had a PT to get me started at the gym and it's ok, he was excepionally young and fit and I was 19 stone and 42 and thought I would feel really stupid but I really enjoyed it and it gave me alot of confidence to use the gym and see that my body is capable of being pushed and im fitter than I thought.

Oh my goodness cannot thank you enough!! I've been working myself up all evening about it. Thank you soooo much, that's helped me no end! If you were here I'd give you a massive cuddle!!! :):):):):)

Oh my goodness cannot thank you enough!! I've been working myself up all evening about it. Thank you soooo much, that's helped me no end! If you were here I'd give you a massive cuddle!!! :):):):):)

At the start of my first session he said, are you worried about anything? I said, "yes, two things, are you trained in cpr and will you laugh if I break wind accidently". He fell about laughing and I really enjoyed the sessions after we had broken the ice!

Lucia Lucia said:
At the start of my first session he said, are you worried about anything? I said, "yes, two things, are you trained in cpr and will you laugh if I break wind accidently". He fell about laughing and I really enjoyed the sessions after we had broken the ice!

Lol ill try that! He's very serious, if he was less serious I'd not be so nervous! Even if it goes tits up atkeast I tried and it'll give me grounds to work on. Plus I've got the trousers and top now so really itching to start jogging more... I just feel I can't jog if that makes sense???? I've never done it so don't think I'm doing it right?

He said we re going to the outside track and we ll walk 45 seconds, jog 15 etc etc and finish with squats and lunges. Ahhh... I'm terrified. He's a sweetheart young and full of enthusiasm, I'm just worried ill he useless and make him feel awkward/let him down If that makes sense?

I am not sure exactly when I joined the thread, but I think I pretty much joined it not long after starting, My challenge was 6 stone lost within 12 months of starting sw classes, So my target date is 23rd Janruary 2013!! At Monday's weigh in I have lost 2st 5 1/2lb!!
Is that ok??
wow thats brilliant.. ill udpate you with your 2 stone 5.5 lbs in a little while.. at every weigh in PM me with your losses otherwise they'll just stay the same..

all of our losses are on the first page of the thread :)
Fantastic, yea i'll go for the whole 84lbs!

brilliant.. you're on there already xx

wow thats brilliant.. ill udpate you with your 2 stone 5.5 lbs in a little while.. at every weigh in PM me with your losses otherwise they'll just stay the same..

all of our losses are on the first page of the thread :)

brilliant.. you're on there already xx

Arggg, I get it now!! Sorry I dont think I have ever contacted you directly!! Sorry and thanks!!

Yes they do get you through some tough times dexters mum, I had a tri boy called Duke and I mean he was great to talk to I know it sounds silly but he was lol. And aww hope shes not playing you up too much x

She's soooo naughty but can do no wrong - love her so much lol

Back