>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

hello all I'm back sort of, well I fell off the wagon big style.
I've been on a temp contract with work since last June, it was due to end at end of Jan this year, then it was extended (good job as I hadn't got summit else) and work became manic so I put my health on the back burner fell off the wagon and decided to concentrate on getting a job.
Many interviews later (including a 474 mile round trip to lovely Oban) and I still wasn't getting anywhere, contract was extended again to end of may and two internal vacancies for the council I work for became available and both were for the same job (my dream job) just in different localities of the council, now I didn't expect to get an interview but I did for both.
The second interview I sort of knew the manager and have been in contact with him being very enthusiastic (after all it is my dream job) and hoping he would remember me come interview time.
Well first interview happened last week and I didn't expect to get anywhere with it and saw it as more of a practice run for second interview................................................................................................................................................................................................
but I did really well in the interview and they have offered me the job
:bliss:I have of course ripped their hands off, as it's my dream job and a permanent contract, so my start date is 14th May.

As well as job stuff hubby damaged his arm (ripped his bicep tendon from the bone) resulting in an op and lots of healing time needed so as he's not training it became all too easy to jump onto the oooooooo lets have a doughnut wagon.

However I have undone the majority of my good work (12lb off) and it looks like I'm almost at square 1 again.
I will need to re weigh at the weekend to get an accurate weight so I will know more then.

My knees are hurting again and I've got less energy, it hurts to stand for more than two minutes and I'm not gonna be able to keep up in my new dream job unless I do something so here I am.

Thank you rozie for PM ing me I was thinking of coming back anyway but your gentle lovely kick up the backside has helped.

so no more
:17729:and more of :character00115: will make me :banana dancer:

glad to be back

Congratulations on getting your dream job. That is great news. Hope your husband is doing ok too. Well done for coming back and getting back on the wagon. Can't wait to see pics of you as a :banana dancer: :giggle:

Tips - if you do extra easy and miss the second healthy extra then have it out of your syns. I find this helps me stay on track. Secondly just take one day at a time and never let one bad day turn into two three or four. It's not slipping up that's bad it's what you do next. Thirdly snack on superfree not free. Forth lay of too much processed stuff eg mug shots etc and lastly weigh in each week with a group or if you don't go to group get someone else to weigh you.

Some very good advice there and well done for SOTM.

Loonylamd congratulations!!!!! What an achievement..!

Lucia Lucia fab tips.. I never really eat the processed snacks but i know I need to increase on the superfree so ill do that.

Not gone for a run today, doing it tomorrow.. my thighs are hurting in places I never knew possible!

I tend to be the same and know that I will not get away with it forever. I try to be good in week and relax a little at weekends ........ Or that is the plan :). But then again SW is healthy and realistic - why shouldn't we have a LITTLE of what we fancy lol

I too have very little bread compared to pre-SW......used to love a cheese and pickle sarnie!!

Good luck everyone xxxxxx

Oh I agree a little treat is a good thing - i never want to feel deprived like I did on some of those... OTHER diets O_O

But my issue is that I have that little treat, and then I go nuts lol. Hopefully I can start to pull it back in a bit over the next few weeks :)

Aww its so easy done isn't it.. although I have to be honest and say every morning after weigh in I go and get a subway! As I don't have bread all week and its the one thing I love to have a massive sarnie! Yumm.. so far its not affected me too much but reckon its starting to slow it down. So maybe it is hehe. Hmmm... I might try and avoid treat day and see how it goes.

Oh god.... Subway... now I'm hungry lol! That doesn't sound like the worst of treats at all though! I think the worst thing about 'treat day' (As i call it too :p) is the mindset. It damages my plan because having a day where I can indulge automatically makes me feel like I'm being deprived for the rest of the week... if you see what I mean? It's sort of hard to explain. Even though I know I'm not deprived in any real sense, it feels like I am, and therefore I start to rebel...

Perhaps I just need to start thinking of every day as treat day :)

3 and a half off for me and slimmer of the month losing 11 and a half pounds in April!

Wow! Well done Lucia! To be so far along yuor own journey and still losing at such a great rate is a real achievement - well done you!

hello all I'm back sort of, well I fell off the wagon big style.

Welcome back loony :) Huge congrats on landing your dreamjob, and I hope hubby is well on the road to recovery now! It's all to easy to turn to comfort food when the routine changes isn't it! Well done for picking it back up again, I'm sure you'll do great xxx

Hello everyone,sorry i haven't been around,have had problems with internet connection and couldn't get online :cry:have so missed my mini's fix!!!! Ggrrrr couldn't get on either with my mobile as i have a bb and there is no app.Anyway i have some catching up to do.Going to catch up on all posts.It's good to be back:D:D xxxx

Kenco said:
Hello everyone,sorry i haven't been around,have had problems with internet connection and couldn't get online :cry:have so missed my mini's fix!!!! Ggrrrr couldn't get on either with my mobile as i have a bb and there is no app.Anyway i have some catching up to do.Going to catch up on all posts.It's good to be back:D:D xxxx

Yay welcome back!!!!

So nice to have lots of familiar faces back and some new ones too! :)

So how's everyone doing today?

I've had on okay start to the weekend, but I haven't eaten anywhere near enough superfrees (only one portion of mushrooms in an omelette so far... oops) so I need to get on that today.

I also really need to do some actual exercise of some sort. Haven't done any body magic for about two weeks which is... pretty unusual for me in all honesty. It's been such a hectic week that I just haven't found the time. I might crack out my PS3 Move fitness game tonight. If hubby's home before dark i'll try to get out in the garden... It's tough when I'm at home with baby on my own. I'd take her for a walk but she's exhausted this weekend too. Maybe after her nap...

God. I'm still making excuses.... sigh.

Awww rialrees how old is your babe? It's difficult when you have a little one and fitting in body magic so I wouldn't put yourself under pressure :)

I've had a good day so far.. weigh in Monday. Eek. Haven't had any syns yet Woop so I'm going to have spag bol with loads of superfree for dinner and maybe a bag of malteasers if I don't have any syns until dessert. Yummmm!!! Been for a run and I have to say before I go I always feel like Ahhh its raining and it won't make any difference and appearance wise I don't see much difference but when I finish the feeling is amazing. And everytime I can run a bit further and this sounds so corny but I think wow my body actually can do more than I ever thought. Soo I honestly would recommend it to anyone, if I can do it 17 stone 11 of me anyone can! :)

Last edited:
Good start to the weekend as had some "fried eggs" with toms and mushrooms and srawbs for brekkie and a roast beef and salad and cottage cheese for lunch and now having cold meat, jacket, big salad, grated carrots,sweetcorn,cous cous, boiled egg, and some synned salad cream for our eve meal.

Clothes shopping for my hols in an 18 in all stuff is so much easier than clothes shopping in a size 30/32!

Now in and weather turned yuk so going to do some batch cooking of lasange etc this eve and tomorow going to do some Spring cleaning in the house as it's going to be really horrid weather wise tomorrow.

Awww rialrees how old is your babe? It's difficult when you have a little one and fitting in body magic so I wouldn't put yourself under pressure :)

I've had a good day so far.. weigh in Monday. Eek. Haven't had any syns yet Woop so I'm going to have spag bol with loads of superfree for dinner and maybe a bag of malteasers if I don't have any syns until dessert. Yummmm!!! Been for a run and I have to say before I go I always feel like Ahhh its raining and it won't make any difference and appearance wise I don't see much difference but when I finish the feeling is amazing. And everytime I can run a bit further and this sounds so corny but I think wow my body actually can do more than I ever thought. Soo I honestly would recommend it to anyone, if I can do it 17 stone 11 of me anyone can! :)

She's two years old :) Generally she's great but today has been a really crappy day for her with major teething fits. Plus it's my star week so we've both been miserable together! ;)

I know what you mean about the feeling you get after exercise - swimming is my usual habit... but I've been so bad lately at actually getting it done! Just need to get my arse in gear again ;)

Good start to the weekend as had some "fried eggs" with toms and mushrooms and srawbs for brekkie and a roast beef and salad and cottage cheese for lunch and now having cold meat, jacket, big salad, grated carrots,sweetcorn,cous cous, boiled egg, and some synned salad cream for our eve meal.

Clothes shopping for my hols in an 18 in all stuff is so much easier than clothes shopping in a size 30/32!

Now in and weather turned yuk so going to do some batch cooking of lasange etc this eve and tomorow going to do some Spring cleaning in the house as it's going to be really horrid weather wise tomorrow.

:D I'm so chuffed for you Lucia! It's an incredible achievement you've already reached - I notice a slight difference in clothes shopping now but I'm yet to get firmly into a size 20, so it's still a way off before I notice the difference. I'd have thought that losing 4 stone would have dropped me a few sizes by now.. but then I was in maternity clothes until I joined slimming world so maybe my numbers were skewed when I joined... I'm guessing most of my size 22's were a BIT stretched by then :/ lol!

Glad to hear you're having a good day ladies! Mine could have been much worse, but I'm yet to have dinner. Hubby just came home and he's eaten at macdonalds tonight. how fricking awesome is that. so now I have a huge pack of mince int he fridge that I can't use because, well, let's face it, burgers for one. What a waste. Fricking starving and nowt in the fridge. Guess its a late night trip to tescos for me.

Hope they have something fresh left....

Ladies and gentleman :wavey:

I'm back :)

I will update and respond to all of your lovely PM's tomorrow hopefully.

My feelings have been hurt big time by a couple of people that used to come on this thread, but they're no longer here now. I've been distant but I'm here now. What goes around comes around :)

Anyway- I'm back from a lovely week from my mums and have any week with my beautiful husband.

We're going to kick start this thread and wanted to start with not one but two challenges!

So ladies and gent- get your thinking caps on and lets get some weight lost. Im going to start the challenge from monday so your suggestions are welcomed :) No more social events for me now for a while so you need to help me shift some weight.

Rozie x

Hi again Rozie :D Glad to see you around :)

Sorry to hear you've had a hard time, I hope that there'll be no more trouble for you (or anyone) :/

Some challenges would certainly be a good thing for me too, I need a good old fashioned kick up the bum. Looking forward to getting back on track and losing whatever I can this year. I doubt it'll be six stone, but anything on the way to six would be a welcome thing indeed :)

Roziee said:

My feelings have been hurt big time by a couple of people that used to come on this thread, but they're no longer here now. I've been distant but I'm here now. What goes around comes around :)

Anyway- I'm back from a lovely week from my mums and have any week with my beautiful husband.

We're going to kick start this thread and wanted to start with not one but two challenges!

So ladies and gent- get your thinking caps on and lets get some weight lost. Im going to start the challenge from monday so your suggestions are welcomed :) No more social events for me now for a while so you need to help me shift some weight.

Rozie x

Yayyyy!!!

Pleased you had a lovely break away!!!

Ahhh you're feelings have been hurt? :( I know that feeling.. I'm pleased I stuck around though - I'm here for the long haul..! I reckon the quality beats quantity anywhoo! Their loss!

Challenges... Hmmm...

How about x amount of different speed foods minimum a day? Or the water challenge which is always good... I must drink more water tbh! I'm a diet coke addict and need to kick that really.

Hmm.. any ideas for other challenges, maybe something a bit different??

Last edited:
After my weigh in on tuesday I'm thinking of starting up a little challenge of my own, a streak challenge (no no, naughty people, not that kind of streaking!! :D ) where I need to try to stay on plan for as many days in a row as I can. It probably sounds quite silly but every other day is hard for me, as I get this weird thing where I'll think "Oh well, I was good yesterday... one little treat extra won't hurt...."

It does, of course.

So I want to try and aim for seven days in a row. Whatever I manage the first time around, I then need to beat the next time.

Probably not very suitable for a weekly challenge though lol!

The superfree challenges are always good - back to basics and all that!

How about a literal 'try something new' challenge - try one meal/exercise each day that you haven't had before (or at least, not as a slimming world version) - could even come down to swapping things. Swapping a morning coffee for a green tea or......

Actually forget that. I aint swapping my morning coffee for nuttin! :p

Rozie x

Hey chick, did I pm you my loss this week? It was just 1lbs am relieved at a loss lol.

Glad you had a nice time away.

As for challenges, you know I'm always up for one... can't think of much at the moment as my youngest decided to be up every half hour from 2am so brain is rebelling!

After my weigh in on tuesday I'm thinking of starting up a little challenge of my own, a streak challenge (no no, naughty people, not that kind of streaking!! :D ) where I need to try to stay on plan for as many days in a row as I can. It probably sounds quite silly but every other day is hard for me, as I get this weird thing where I'll think "Oh well, I was good yesterday... one little treat extra won't hurt...."

It does, of course.

So I want to try and aim for seven days in a row. Whatever I manage the first time around, I then need to beat the next time.

Probably not very suitable for a weekly challenge though lol!

The superfree challenges are always good - back to basics and all that!

How about a literal 'try something new' challenge - try one meal/exercise each day that you haven't had before (or at least, not as a slimming world version) - could even come down to swapping things. Swapping a morning coffee for a green tea or......

Actually forget that. I aint swapping my morning coffee for nuttin! :p

I like the idea of the streak challenge!

What is a supperfree challenge?

Try something new is fun, maybe do a try something new or 20 mins exercise... then there are no excuses

Can it rain anymore?

Lucia- it wasn't raining this much when I was at mums and she's up north!

Let's do a 2 litre water challenge every day and minimum of 7 SF a day.. Whatcha think? The fluids can be water or sugar free squash..but doesn't include herbal teas (because I'm mean :p )

Ellen can u check your total loss for me to make sure it's right? I think you did PM me.. X

Lucia- it wasn't raining this much when I was at mums and she's up north!

Let's do a 2 litre water challenge every day and minimum of 7 SF a day.. Whatcha think? The fluids can be water or sugar free squash..but doesn't include herbal teas (because I'm mean :p )

Ellen can u check your total loss for me to make sure it's right? I think you did PM me.. X

I'm up for the 2 challenges, my loss since the beginning of the year is 30lbs not 29lbs so guess I forgot to PM lol

Superfree and water challeges sound good to me. Good to start off getting back to the basics of it, and my water intake could do with an improvement anyway!

Woohooo!! So how much water should we drink??

I've already cracked in with superfree!! Had raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries with yoghurt for brekkie! The water will be a massive challenge for me.

Ahhh so pleased I went for a run yesterday instead of leaving it until today! It's soooo wet and miserable. Anyone upto much today? I ended up being called into work last night and I'm working the next 4 nights. Boo!

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow though and supposed to be meeting friends in the evening which will be nice. We ll see! :)

Back