>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Lucia Lucia said:
Kenco, 15 stone is an awe inspiring amount and huge congratulations. How much more do you want to lose?

15 stone off kenco!?!?!?!?!??!!!

That's phenomenal! Inspirational... Amazing. Well done you :)

Had yoghurt and alpen for brekkie. Trying to save my syns back for whatever we end up doing today! Going to go to m&s and pick up their vegetarian sushi only 1 syn and a big serving. Yay. Perfect for days when you may be out and about and being vegetables it doesn't matter to much about being in the car for hour or two!

I'm itching to pull my wellies on and go for a walk in the forest but nobodys keen due to the weather!!!

Does anyone know how many syns would be in cooked raspberries and blueberries? Was thinking about adding them to the cake batter for the syn free cake and attempting cupcakes with them!? Hmmm! But unsure of syn value when they're cooked .

Hope everyone's having a fabulous weekend. Scales are going the right way for now, weds can't come quick enough!! :)

Afternoon all! Kenco amazing loss!

Had my bridesmaids dress fitting today, wedding is in 2 weeks, and you can really see the last stone has helped loads and I feel pretty confident.

Not been great food wise this week and last night I had Chinese and loads of wine so probably looking at a little gain tomorrow but I'm ok with it as I've had fun staying at my brother's and its been nice to relax a bit. Will be home tonight and ready to plan the next few days and get right back on it. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend x

Welcome back, Lucia. I hope you had a fabulous time. Don't worry about the gain... it's only temporary.

Kenco.. wow. Just... wow! I think I'm going to come live with you for... oh let me see... 6 stone or so haha

Jayde, sounds like you're really looking forward to this wedding, and you're doing so well! Glad you're enjoying your little break, too.

Well, all my plans for having a SE day yesterday went out the window as I brought my daughter shopping for new clothes and she wanted to go to KFC for lunch. I'm strong but not that strong! Ended up having one. But hey ho... today is a new day, and I'm fully armed for it. Going to do SE for the rest of the week now to make up. It'll be hard and probably quite boring but worth it if I can pull it back. I'm fed up yo-yoing between the 14s and 15s. And I want that dress. Surely if I am totally angelic until Thursday I'll manage to pull it back. Fingers crossed.

Mandy as my consultant always says 1 meal out of 21 meals won't make much difference as long as the other 20 are on plan! I'm sure you'll do fabulous for Thursday morning :)

Spent all afternoon at a jubilee party bought ice dreams for everyone but had a werthers original sugar free (1/2 syn) and was so pleased.

Have salad and chicken tikka for tea followed by yoghurt and raspberries and a lindt choc ball (3.5 syns).

Totally forgot to buy quark for my syn free cake so going to dash to shops tomorrow to buy some! No Way will I cope Tuesday at our bbq jubilee party without syn free cake! And also making some smash pizzas and lots of salad. Yummmmm!

Seems you've got the next few days totally under control! Well done!

As for me.. so far today I've had a cup of tea using milk (hexa) with a banana for breakfast. 2 poached eggs with wholemeal toast (hexb) and flora light (4 syns) and an apple for lunch. And some roast chicken, 2 small roast potatoes, a big pile of mashed turnip, and some carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and a dribble of gravy for dinner.

Bit worried about the lunch, actually.. it wasn't very SE! So I might not bother to have the extra A and B choices, but use 6 more syns for a frozen curly wurly I've had in the freezer since last week lol
Along with the gravy, I reckon that brings me up to 12 syns. Just enough left over for an options hot choc if I'm feeling a bit of a craving later.

Wow so many posts to catch up on! Family is going this afternoon so I'll have more time hopefully :) they're all sleeping so thought if better catch up on you girlies now.

xMandyDx said:
Not sure, Rozie.. get it checked out anyway.. better safe than sorry.

Lost 3lb this week! Yay... so I've lost what I put on lol. Back to where I was. Now I need to lose another 11lb before I can get my dress! Bring it!

fatbgone said:
Yay well done mandy!!! :) so pleased for you..!

Roziee I agree, best to get it checked. They will probably say to go back if it happens again but as long as you've gone and mentioned it it'll help ease your worries and also if it does happen again they will hopefully look into it quicker... This has all reminded me I'm having my first smear next week actually! Always best to check just incase :)

Everyone who has been lurking.. stop lurking!!! :) I'm just interested in seeing how everyone else gets on day to day.. :)

Been really good on plan. Potentially could try and loose more than usual as I don't get weighed until weds due to bank hols so its 9 days .. so never know!? Although its my star week and I usually loose the week of it and then maintain! So hopefully I can alter that this week!

It keeps coming over me in waves of excitement/disbelief that I'm only 11.5lb away from my 5 stone award!?!?!?!!! I can't quite believe it. It actually seems possible I could potentially get 7 stone off by my sisters wedding in October! If not bang on there, almost there.

Race for life for me in 3 weeks... Eeek. Quite excited to run it and also do it so much lighter than before. As soon as my nights finish Monday night every morning I'm going to try and get up for 6am and run the course.

Speed foods today so far; strawberries, courgette, spinach, mushrooms, rocket, mixed leaves, tomatoes. Going to have some pineapple and an alpen light (heb) later on.. dinner will more than likely be a salad! Just so easy when I'm so shattered and light too as I have to go back out to work at 10pm.

Still having my lemons!! Hehe.. have them squeezed over my salads and in my cokes. Im limiting myself to 2 a day tho because of my teeth. Heard it could damage them?

Hey girls- spoke to my gynae and he said that as its the first time happening I shouldn't worry. He told me to keep a record of it and if it happens again I should go to see him. He said it could be because I'm ovulating and the dip I hormones can sometimes means that the lining can't support this change so bleeding occurs. Will keep an eye for sure now.

Beth- nearly 5 stones loss? Wow I can only imagine what that feels like. Fantastic! Do you mind showing us what you looked like before u lost weight? Bet the difference is like night and day.

Yah citric acid can be damaging if u have too much. Sometimes I feel as if I get heartburn after having lemons- do u feel that way? Make sure you have your coke through a straw as well because it can be very damaging to your teeth to love x

xMandyDx said:
Oh forgot to mention, I went to the doctor this morning and they did a test on a urine sample. No infection, surprisingly but there was white blood cells and blood in it so they think it may be some sort of irritation that developed from having the laser surgery. Gave me some sort of cranberry drink and antibiotics.
And... this has just put a huge smile on my face for the day... I was in Penneys (Primark) earlier and seen some lovely rain coat/mac things. So I tried on the large (this time last year that would have been too small) and it was too big, so I tried the medium, and it actually fit perfect. Out of curiosity I tried the small, not for one second believing it would actually zip up, but it DID!!! It was tight across the boobs...but... omg I got into a small! Woot!

Fatbegone, 5st.. wow.. when you look how far you've come it's amazing.

Glad u went to the doctors and it wasn't a kidney infection as you originally thought. I'd suggest drinking proper cranberry juice. I know thr sw police would say syn it but forget it. It's only fruit! And if it helps your irritation then great!

Aww that's great about your NSV! Bet you felt so good! Can't wait to shop in primary!

jayde1148 said:
It's great to hear those positive things because I've had a bad day off plan! So team please kick my butt!

How are you jayde? I will kick your bottom if you're off plan now ! :giggle:

xMandyDx said:
Sitting here, bored. OH is gone for drinks with his friend and I've no one to chat to lol. I had a fried egg sandwich earlier (sooo yum) but used like 5 syns for it, between the butter, ketchup and fried eggs, and I also had a bowl of soup made from a packet (minimal syns), so I was like "ooooh what will I spend the rest of my syns on?" I have loads and loads of goodies in the press for my daughter's sleepover tomorrow... pineapple log, chocolate cake, flan, share-bags of sweets, peanuts... *drool*.
I went in and stood in front of the press for a few minutes, debating between it all. Pineapple log has to be my fave treat, ever. But I just took a small handful of M&Ms, (maybe 5-6 syns) and walked away. Then I decided I was going to have another can of coke zero (had already had two today!) and then backtracked and had a pint of NSA tropical squash with a lemon squeezed in.
I know tomorrow I will have something nice... but there's no point in ruining my week altogether by going over my syns two days in a row. I'm planning on some more lemons tomorrow, along with toast, poached egg and fruit for breakfast...something filling for lunch, and smash pizza and wedges for dinner with the kids so I'll be full up and less inclined to make a pig of myself hahaha. If I don't have something nice tomorrow though I'll feel deprived and we all know where that leads!

You've been so so good Mandy- I know it'll show on the scales for u x

Danigrace said:
Well done on the willpower xMandyDx. So many focused and determind people on here. It is definitely an inspirational thread :D

Well done on the nearly 5 stones too, Fatbgone. I am nearly there too and I can't believe it either. :)

Another busy day for me here, but at least it is half term next week, so no rushing around with school and kids dance/music/everything else clubs!!

Hoping to have another good day here and I am having Magic Porridge pancakes for breakfast. I love them http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/254814-you-people-need-make-magic-oaty-pancakes.html and will definitely be having them for a long time to come. I just use the vanilla yoghurt and I dont like the flavoured ones much. Yummy!!:D Then off to do some shopping for our bbq tomorrow. Hope the rain stays away. Will try and be good as my weigh in is Sunday morning. Have a good day Everyone

I tried making them once but I didn't enjoy them. I wish there was a sw restaurant and I could try out some sw food lol whenever I make sweet sw stuff it always turns out wrong.

]

ellen83 said:
Today is officially a flexible day... just had pizza hut and a slice of cheesecake. My dad is down for a visit and wanted pizza... I couldn't say no oops!

Hello darling- where have u been? X

fatbgone said:
Mine are the same!!

It's sooooo hard... My family all have bought cakes and sweets for jubilee parry, pizzas etc. Fortunately I'm not going to be about tonight or tomorrow so its just Monday and Tuesday I have to fight temptation! Plan is to make some syn free cakes with the roulade recipe and smash pizza and fruit salads etc. Not going to be easy but the scales are looking like I'm at what I was Monday so if I could keep going then by weds weigh in potentially I'd have a loss!

I have this app called diet assistant. I've set two alarms on it (dinner and mid afternoon times) and it shows different motivational images... One is me all flabby and near on starkers, another of Kim kardashians body (Lmao) and one of me at my biggest.but it really helps me to think now do I want to eat naughties or keep going!!

Plus its my cherubs birthday on 17th so I want to try and be good up until then.. I'm planning my outfit for his party already *blush*. Determined to look better than last year and possible even have my photo taken with him and the smurf that's coming!

Aww he's gonna love the smurf!

Beth I can't believe the amount of goodies they've bought.. I have so much stuff I think I'm gonna send it packing with em! Lol oh well, they go back today so it's fine. Another 4 weeks to be on plan without any socials- have a friends wedding in a month so want to be at least 1/2 stone lighter by then hopefully and be closer to the 18s..

loonylamb said:
hello girlies, i see we have a shiny new home, thank you roziee,
Roziee they haven't found any markers in my blood tests which is why he's not as concerned, with the mri for a pelvic exam they put me in head first !!!!!! and it is really small as my other half had to have one recently for something else and he struggled and he's only 16 st (tho he does have broad shoulders)

although i had a takeaway last night every other meal has been on plan and this morning i got the kiddies a maccie d's breakfast and i got myself a black coffee and came home and made bacon and eggs sandwich for breakfast :innocent0002: so go me for resisting cos normally i'd just get a meal.

i'm gonna have a look through my recipe books and plan some meals as i'm getting bored of the same things so need to mix it up.

and i'm gonna pick up the :character00115: to every day.

Yeah I went in head first in the first one I had and yes it's so small! I hated it. The second one I had I went in feet first..

So glad there aren't any markers in your blood so let's lose this weight so we can be healthy loony! Like I said before, if u need any help we will do this together. Just let me know Hun x

Lucia Lucia said:
Hello, everyone!

I'm back, arrived back last Mon but my computer picked up a virus and was proper poorly so been hard to get on here on my phone. I found you now and im sure the thread is moved!

Well, big gain but no shame from me. I ate what I wanted and feel ready to tackle the next bit. Roziee can you update me with my whopping gain of 12lbs. I know I will get that off in 3 weeks if I really try hard.

Hope everyone is ok and looking forward to getting back into the chat.

Hello lucia- how are you? How was your hols? And where did you go? I'll update u.. But you will get that off in no time I know it! X

Kenco said:
Good morning all... Well my internet connection is now sorted whoop whoop!!! I have missed my mini's fix.Going to a family bbq today,my plan is to have chicken and loads of yummy salad.Hope the weather improves,don't fancy soogy salad:eek: .Lovely to see you back Lucia,hope you had a lovely holiday.The gain will be off again,it's only temporary.You sound fully motivated and raring to go again.

I upped my fluids last week was managing between 3 and 3.5lts a day and managed a 2lb loss this week:D and got a new shiney with it!!!! Omg,i feel kinda blown away this morning to be honest.Sometimes i feel bloomin heck,have i really lost that much:eek::eek: i must keep looking forwards and not backwards. Hope everyone has a fab weekend.Everyone is doing a fab job on here .xx

Hello :wavey:

Wow I can only do 2 litres of water a day.. Any more and I'll be peeing every 1/2 hour!

Kenco your before and after pictures must be amaaaaaazinggggggg!

jayde1148 said:
Afternoon all! Kenco amazing loss!

Had my bridesmaids dress fitting today, wedding is in 2 weeks, and you can really see the last stone has helped loads and I feel pretty confident.

Not been great food wise this week and last night I had Chinese and loads of wine so probably looking at a little gain tomorrow but I'm ok with it as I've had fun staying at my brother's and its been nice to relax a bit. Will be home tonight and ready to plan the next few days and get right back on it. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend x

Ooo picture of the dress please!

Hey peoples. Had a great day yesterday! Instead of using my syns for a curly wurly, I used them for a pack of noodles (8.5 syns..omg) and mixed in lots of stir-fry. This was around 9.30pm. Figured it was better to wait and see if I got genuinely hungry before wasting my syns on chocolate. I never would have thought of chocolate as a waste of anything this time last year.

So official diary for yesterday is as follows..

Tea with hexa milk, banana.

Hexb toast with flora light (4 syns), 2 poached eggs and apple.

Dinner was roast chicken, mashed turnip instead of potato, 2 small roasties, carrots, brocolli, peas, cauliflower and gravy.

Then had noodles (8.5 syns) and stir-fry veg.

Cup of tea last night before bed.

Today's diary so far is...

Tea with hexa milk, banana, 2 slices hexb toast with flora light (4 syns)

Hey ladies, sorry not been about much this week. Got a bit caught up reading fifty shades of grey in any free time I've had *blush*. Well deserved of the hype and OH approved as it inspired lots of 'special body magic'. Not had a great week but hoping I haven't done too much damage! Well done on all the losses. I really need to get myself back on it as have been a bit too lax with myself. Its Monday and still have time to prevent a gain on Monday, even time to get a loss. Bring it on!

I agree, we need to see before and current pics of ladies, especially those with bigger losses. Always a motivation!

Happy Monday people and good luck everyone weighing in today!

Happy Monday.... Thank you lovelies for all your kind words,you are all a lovely bunch:D Lucia,when i first started out i never set any targets i just set myself small mini goals of 7lbs otherwise i was seeing a huge mountain to climb:eek: For now im looking at losing another 5 stone,i'm in for the long haul.So no getting rid of me just yet:8855::8855::8855: I haven't really got many pics of myself at my biggest as i used to avoid the camera, i have got a few and i take regular pics along the way,its great to look back on and keeps me focused ,a great incentive not to go backwards and keeps me on track.I don't really feel confident with posting any pics on the internet but maybe ione day i will.

Roziee,hope you had a fab time with your family:)

Ellen,i have heard a lot about that book,me thinks i will be looking out for it!!

Mandy ,your food diary looks great.

Jayde,sounds like you have had a fab time at your brothers.What colour is your bridesmaid dress?

Have a fab day all xx

Kenco, I feel the very same, even now. I'll avoid the camera like the plague. But I did put up a pic of me a while back. It was taken last summer, and in the months between then and joining SW I put on a further 2 stone, bringing me up to an even 18 stone. The reason I put that pic up was psychological really. I figured if I put it up, and let everyone see how awful I looked, especially with how bad I felt about it.. such shame!.. that I would honor the commitment I made to lose weight. So far it's worked.

Here it is~!

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 41
I know it's halfway through the year, but could I join in? I need to lose 6+ and have managed to get 2 off already this year!

It's never too late to join, Chubbylass! Welcome in and a massive well done on your 2 stone loss so far!

Hi all here is said dress...

ForumRunner_20120604_195003.jpg

Glad I asked her to make it a bit smaller and I got into it comfortably :) two weeks until the big day. Can't wait!

Had a gain tonight, but it was expected..2.5lbs. Got motivated at class though and I'm ready for a 100% week x

View attachment 51498

Glad I asked her to make it a bit smaller and I got into it comfortably :) two weeks until the big day. Can't wait!

Had a gain tonight, but it was expected..2.5lbs. Got motivated at class though and I'm ready for a 100% week x

Dress looks fab, lovely colour!!!

Thanks hun I love the colour too. Was not sure when it was being talked about but its lovely x

View attachment 51498

loving the dress jaydee, you look so glam and gorgeous and the colour really suits you

welcome chubbylass, you'll find a supportive welcoming home here

well WI tomorrow night, hubby's on night shift so i'm struggling to settle and it's our jubilee taster party at class so as usual no idea what i'm gonna make, i also promised kiddiewinkles a day at the beach tomorrow so need to get my skates on to make summit nice, have a bath, plan some food for tomorrow and get to bed and it's only 11.55........................... wll catch up tomorrow girlies with hopefully a loss .............................. eek i hope so

Thanks hun :) it is lovely. Shame I'm not a size 10 but where I am now is much better than the 28st I started at x

Loving the dress...it's so pretty! And you are too, Jayde, no matter if you're a size ten or not...yet.

Loony, I wonder if you could make the half syn cake and top it with quark, with some food coloring added to make the flag?

I've got yet another meeting with my son's teacher this morning... at 08.55am, no less! Cos I've got nothing to do besides rush down there first thing in the morning!
I'm getting really fed up with it to be honest. I've never had bad reports about my son, and am getting to thinking this teacher is just a bloody battleaxe!

Back