The battle of the Bubble

Its good that you're looking at the food this way lovely... you are preparing yourself and him for what has to be a change for life, not just for a few weeks. I hope he does accept that (I know mine would insist he was fine and want to carry on regardless) and not fight YOU over changes, as you're just wanting to do what you can to get him as well as possible, long term. xx

You must know him! Hes already told me its only for a couple of months! So it will be a constant battle im sure. :rolleyes:The difference is that I do the shopping so i have just got to make sure I have the right things at home so he doesnt go far off the rails.

You must know him! Hes already told me its only for a couple of months! So it will be a constant battle im sure. :rolleyes:The difference is that I do the shopping so i have just got to make sure I have the right things at home so he doesnt go far off the rails.

Hmm, though that does sound like MORE work for you. Of course, I know you'll happily do it but he needs to be on side too and not give you grief over it :rolleyes: If he starts that 'temporary' malarkey, get the doctor to give him a serious talking to! Unfortunately men can be a complete pain on matters they don't want to listen to and just turn a deaf ear.

Just had a thought... is he the kind to go eating 'out of the house' if he isn't getting it at home? I know you said you do the shopping but does he have food easily accessible during the day or night, at work? I know where my hubby works there is a canteen, machines, a 'tea lady' AND a Costa just over the road! He *says* he only has what is in his lunchbox but who knows :rolleyes:

Haha it says that the menopause can cause cholesterol too. I kept telling these last 2 weeks that hes going through the change...:D

Hes also got meds for liver im not quite sure whats wrong there, but he does rattle when he walks he takes 3 different bp pills, a stomach acid reducing pill, and now 2 more thats 6 a day! Surely that will fack up his liver!

hopefully they'll all do their job and improve things for him v soonxx

Nope he dont eat out thankfully. He doesnt even carry any money with him so im pretty sure he dont/wont have extras.

Totals for today green day

Hexas milk and cheese
Hexbs mini ryvitas and wm toast
Syns 5 sandwich thin 1 chorizo 2 a roses chocolate 2 hot choc
Total 10
Fluids 2sf squashes, 3 teas, 1 coffee
Exercise walk and c25k

Im in bed a bit worried about the scales tomorrow not sure if all these green days would have been good. :confused:

Oh Bubble! I wish I could have been on here earlier... Hope you're doing okay. Omigosh, it's one of my worst fears... for something to happen Ri my hubby, so I can imagine how toy were feeling earlier.
But Pip is right - nothing has happened, it's just a wake up call... it's really a good thing that you're right into it at the moment and able to instantly support him with the healthy eating aspect of things!
Keep in mind, a month ago I was being told by my doc that I had to go on blood pressure meds, go for all sorts of tests for liver and kidney function, etc - but they've decided not to, because my BP has dropped back into the normal zone after just looking after myself better for a few weeks!! Fingers crossed things improve for your hubby just as quickly.
Good luck with your WI tomoz hon... Will be thinkin of ya!

Dear diary

Its four weeks into my slimming world journey. Today I am pleased to say I have lost another 2.5lb. That brings my monthly total to 11lb. I am absolutely over the moon with that result. Long may the losses continue. I have also updated my stats in my signature to show cm lost in these last 4 weeks. I know its not officially Feb until tomorrow but my next measurements will be in four weeks. This is the best achievement I have had in a very long time to stick to SW and see losses consistently just the way it should be.

Emotionally January has been up and down, but I feel I am really making progress with myself. I am beginning to realise that life is mapped out for us and we can just do our best in enjoying what we have. It may not be the way we want things to be but I need to continue to make things better within the situations I am faced with. Its a journey in itself and I'm moving along there too.

As for walking my way around Europe I have now walked a total of 160 miles in January. That has taken me from my house over the water to France leaving me with just 114miles to Paris. I should be able to reach my destination sometime in February all is well.

Happy Weekend everyone xxx

Dear diary

Its four weeks into my slimming world journey. Today I am pleased to say I have lost another 2.5lb. That brings my monthly total to 11lb. I am absolutely over the moon with that result. Long may the losses continue. I have also updated my stats in my signature to show cm lost in these last 4 weeks. I know its not officially Feb until tomorrow but my next measurements will be in four weeks. This is the best achievement I have had in a very long time to stick to SW and see losses consistently just the way it should be.

Emotionally January has been up and down, but I feel I am really making progress with myself. I am beginning to realise that life is mapped out for us and we can just do our best in enjoying what we have. It may not be the way we want things to be but I need to continue to make things better within the situations I am faced with. Its a journey in itself and I'm moving along there too.

As for walking my way around Europe I have now walked a total of 160 miles in January. That has taken me from my house over the water to France leaving me with just 114miles to Paris. I should be able to reach my destination sometime in February all is well.

Wow bubble what a great loss. Roll on February. Well done you :D

* sigh * Congrats in the loss, Bubble! Your philosophical post gave me hope and some warm fuzzies... You're so right.
I need to be more grateful for what I have rather than trying to fix or change things all the time.
So proud of you for the 11lbs off this month... look at us go! And let's stick at it thru Feb too xoxo

Dear diary

A great post - something in there for everyone one of us I reckon! So pleased for u - another brill loss - ur sure to lose a stone v soon - brilliantxx

As u say you've been thro such a lot this month and u've survived stronger than ever - well done xx

Last edited:
Hi all busy doing nothing today. Pottering with housework. Took girl to netball match then did 3 lots of homework. Now sitting on my bom!

Breakie
1422736022851.jpg
Tea
1422736045038.jpg

Hexas parmessan and milk
Hexbs branflakes and mini ryvitas
Syns 0 at the moment
Fluid 2 teas 2sf squash 1 water
Exercise errrm none! Oops!

Back