The Battle Of the Bulge - week 3!

Darling, this can't be right, you know that, it has to be water weight, (three pounds in nothing in the water weight game, probably add a few pounds loss as well; 5-6 pounds normally) I know I was whinging about the same thing last week, but please don't get to discouraged, and don't change what you are doing- mathmatically it's right. Frustrating yes, but when the scales finally move, you'll be in for a great loss. Hold on!

Aw babes, you're doing so well dont worry about it! It must be the scales or something silly like waterweight or totm or something. I'm sure it'll sort itself out. You using digital scales?

Glad you're enjoying work, you will build up staminia and start feeling as though you have more free time, it's just coz you're used to uni, lol, where we do nothing allll day, lol.

Well done for swimming even though you didn't feel like it, you're doing amazingly.

It could be muscle weight from all the swimming you're doing! We can all see how hard you're working and there is no way you have gained fat this week. Hold on until next week and you will see a loss i'm sure.

hey guys, dont worry, im still in the good fight! i did let the other day weigh in bother me, i basically thought to hell with it - i need a break! and i didnt take my packed lunch to work and bought something nice. also i didnt count a single calorie in the last two days. and you know what, it was LIBERATING, because i didnt make bad choices and i wasnt obsessing over the number of calories.

Day 25
food:
2 slices of toast with jam
tuna and cucumber sandwich
packet of crisps
bowl of cereal
sweet and sour chicken from chinese *treat of the week*

no exercise - fell asleep at 6pm, i was so worn out!

Day 26
toast with marmalade
fish and wedges with mushy peas
jelly
spagetti bolognese
cereal

exercise - 30 minute walk

so yeah, i wont say ive eaten perfectly these last 2 days, i havent. but at the same time, i didnt blow it completely. maybe i had a couple of days at maintainance calories instead of losing, but it was a well deserved break. tbh im not even that keen on returning to calorie counting. i like the freedom of not having to count every little thing, but ill try it again, becausae as a weight loss methos, it really is fool proof! so back to 1500 cals a day. if i get tired of counting i'll assess the situation again when i get to that point. but whatever happens im dead serious about losing this weight. whether i lose 1lb a week or 5lbs, its going to come off. for the first time in my life im feeling happy, with who i am, my life, everything. i'll be no different at 140lbs to how i am now, i'll just have fewer physical limitations and be able to weigh sexy outfits! ooh and the main thing is that i'll be healthy :) so yeah, i had a blip, but im human, and it helped me learn more about myself and my diet journey i guess. i dont know if ill see a loss on the scale on sunday, all i know is that i've come further mentally this week than i did in week one when i lost 7lbs, and losing the mental baggage is as important to me as the physical stuff :)

Very well put, you've inspired me to sort my life out n get back on track, I've fallen spectacularly off the wagon, but reading what you have to say always helps.
I'm glad you're feeling better, hope everything continues to go well for you :)

Oh, I was so glad to read your post! It is amazing how far you've come in such a short time, isn't it? I bet you are enjoying having some time to yourself this weekend. Take care!

Have just caught up on your diary glad to see you are still doing so well and that your first day at work was good! its very inspiring! :)

i ahvent neglected my little diary.. been doing awful this week.. considering starting the cambridge diet next week, im doing my research!

Oh right fair enough, what's it involve? I've heard that people lose loads on it, but some put it all back on.
How's work n stuff?
Best wishes :)

hey hun, i visit my cambridge diet consultant on monday and will know more then but basically if you do sole source its 415 cals a day (from shakes, porridge, soups, bars)but with all the nutrition you need. you're right people can put it all back on if they go back to their previous eating habbits, but i think it would be useful for me.

1. i'd not have to make choices about what to eat, everything would be their. i'd learn to see food as a thing to give us energy rather than to enjoy and gain comfort from.

2. id lose the weight quickly (commonly people lose 5-6 lbs a week on the diet) so id be able to reach my goal next summer if i stuck to it.

3. once i got to my goal id be able to reintroduce healthy balanced food naturally. i know what a healthy diet is, i just find it incredibly hard to stick to while LOSING weight because when you have 175lbs to lose 2lbs a week after being PERFECT all week long an exercising, isnt fast enough for me. i dont want to wait 2 years to get to where i need to be. i know the next year will be tough but im willing to dedicate it entirely to solving my weight problem. after that i can work on other stuff, but for now, i just want to do this, and i know i can with cambridge.

Ahh fair enough, seems like ou've reasoned it out pretty will, I hope it works out amazingly for you :)

How's everything else going? Up to much this weekend? x

Hope you are having a good day! Do the sole source foodstuffs include some ingrediant that somehow "fills you up", so that you don't feel any hunger? I can see the attractiveness of losing so much so quickly, being on a strict diet for two years straight doesn't sound much chop at all.
I'm probably asking too early- before your appointment- but if you do go on it, how often would you see your consultant? What sort of costs would it involve?
How is work going? You must be half way through the training weeks now, are you enjoying it, is it hard, are the people nice? Tell all!

Hope everything goes brilliantly!
x

Back