The Beck Diet Solution Book Group

I've followed the link here that meoww kindly gave me and have been snooping through everyone's posts, hope you don't mind? I'd never heard of the Beck Diet solution before and would love to hear if its worth a go for the classic overeater/constant dieter that I am, is it easy to get to grips with?

I've followed the link here that meoww kindly gave me and have been snooping through everyone's posts, hope you don't mind? I'd never heard of the Beck Diet solution before and would love to hear if its worth a go for the classic overeater/constant dieter that I am, is it easy to get to grips with?

It is -- it is set up in a day by day format and you may end up working on one day for some time. When I follow Beck I do very well sticking to my weight loss plan - when I stop using Beck's CBT methods I fall off the grid.

I'm back working with Beck and feel so much more in control. Go me! ;)

Thanks for taking the time to reply MinnieMel. It sounds like something I need to get my hands on:)

Definitely easy to get into. I need to do my next day today actually. I don't do them every day, just when I have time, which usually means not at weekends!

It sounds like there's lots of work to do with the book, does it take up a lot of time?

Not really no. Maybe 10-15 minutes a day to read and think through it all.

Anyone still going?

my last read was day 19: stop fooling yourself.
Ive had a few tests this weekend with a planned mini diet break and of course extra items were eaten but Im ever learning and I did manage to acknowledge positive new behaviours too instead of just bashing myself.

Prev chapter, changing definition of full -tricky to do on VLCD as a 130 calorie sachet doesnt leave you excessively full but maybe its good to note how such a tiny amount was actually enough to keep you going.

The planning meals is a massive one for me and could be key to maintaining, Ive always wanted to do meal planning for other reasons (trying new recipes, saving money, no late night cooking or nasty takeaways) and I dont know why I still havent done it!

Anyway slight ramble there, Id love to hear where everyone has got up to ?!

I'm still deciding whether to buy the book or not. As much as I know I'm not, I always think I know better than what I'm bring told or reading in this example. My head keeps telling me that when I do lose this weight - again, of course I won't screw it up like I did last time when I was on LL. time will tell of course but its interesting to read the snippets you post.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm following Beck, but not as I should. I'll get back on track and start posting again.

when I sit and read through my book and notes I always feel a bit better and more positive, on one of my flash cards I wrote at the bottom (give praise) 'well done for reading these cards, it shows your commitment'

when I sit and read through my book and notes I always feel a bit better and more positive, on one of my flash cards I wrote at the bottom (give praise) 'well done for reading these cards, it shows your commitment'

Oh good card! I think I'll add that to the end of my stack: CREDIT for reading your ARCs!

Yeah it makes me feel good every time I read it! :)

This sounds great to me. It's sold in a Kindle version which would give me the chance to bring it with me on holiday. Is this appropriate as it sounds as if there is a workbook of sorts?

I don't want to buy the book, only to find that I need a physical copy of it to get the real benefits.

This sounds great to me. It's sold in a Kindle version which would give me the chance to bring it with me on holiday. Is this appropriate as it sounds as if there is a workbook of sorts?

I don't want to buy the book, only to find that I need a physical copy of it to get the real benefits.

I think a Kindle copy would work okay. The workbook is a nice to have if you're not tetchy, but if you're tetchy you'll want to do you ARCs in an e-version anyway.

You can download the worksheets from the beck website if you want to fill them in. I have the kindle version and do my responses on my phone so I've always got them to read, but also fill the worksheets in - works for me as a read back as I'm working my way through very slowly :)

Great, thanks ladies! I'll buy it tonight.
Reading how everyone is so positive about this makes it feel right. I want to be healthy and fit and a good role model for my daughter. Right now, I'm not, but I'm determined to become a better me!

I have the paper copy but I don't really write in it, I have little cards for my response cards and make notes in my diary

I have a paper copy and then make notes on my tablet when I'm done, I never write in the book.

I have a paper copy and then make notes on my tablet when I'm done, I never write in the book.

Caz is back....

Back