THE Beginning

Day nr 5
Don't feel so energetic today. But probably I'm just sleepy.
Will try to bring my calorie intake down to 1000 today and see if that stops me eating rubbish stuff :D
Weight was same today as it was yesterday.
Will try to have a light lunch and normal dinner without snacking on toblerone!! (Had one triangle yesterday :( )

Today's food diary:
Breakfast:
Smoothie (blueberries 30cal, half a banana50cal, 100 ml light soy milk 30cal 60 ml skim milk 15 cal, 2tbs wheat germ 55 cal, 1 tbs linen seed 50 cal)

Lunch:
300 g of leftover salad from yesterday 150
100 g low fat prawn coctail 165

Afternoon snack:
50g fat free hummus 83cal
a carrot 35 cal
had my daily toblerone triangle :p 123cal

Dinner:
cod 150 g 150 cal
mixed veg 100 cal
broccoli 30 cal

Total: 1058 calories

Last edited:
liisa said:
it just makes me feel guilty!

Feeling guilty will not get you anywhere. Think about it. When you get to goal and decide to have something you want, do you really want to feel guilty then too? No. Take it day by day, you will get there one day. Just do your best, don't give up, and remember everyday is a new day.

I'm hungry! Too early for lunch and I just brushed my teeth.
I better get ready and go out and buy some parsnips perhaps.
Is turkey mince from the butchers any good or is it just better to go with the fillets? I would like to make little patties for dinner..

Don't know about the mince, sorry. I'd imagine that it'd be ok.

You really shoudl stick to having at least 1200, when you start going below that you're in sticky territory, especially if you're doing exercise as well.
Just stick to eating healthily and having a tiny treat every day and you'll be fine :)

Soups are a great idea as Lynn said. Maybe try adding lentils (red are usually best). you just boil them for 20-30 mins before adding the veg and it really bulks it up and makes it filling.

Best wishes.

Don't really exercise, just cycle to work and back 3 times a week.
Other than that I sit behind the computer a lot.
Lentils are great idea! I was just thinking what to use to replace potatoes in there. I've made it before but then I didn't really think about what and why I put in there :)
I didn't buy any turkey mince. It was in butchers and they don't have labels on what they got inside there.
Had a good shopping trip. Got lots of reduced organic fertiliser from Oxfam for my allotment! 1.49 instead of 5.99!
I do love a good bargain me :D

Sweed can be a good potato replacement, I roasted some the other day with some garlic and some of that 1kcal-spray-oil, lower cal, lower carb and really quite tasty :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh yeh! Love a bit of sweed.
Lynn was saying that celeriac is supposed to be good, as it's low carb, but apparently it tastes a bit like celery.

Can't beat a bargain :)

I do love most of the vegetables but I don't like celery. Only thing. Maybe I should try it again in case my palate has changed. I do like sweed though, I'll try it out. Thank for the tip ladies!

About fooooood... Got really drunk last night so it means I consumed lots of alcohol calories. And then came home drunk and binged on that half of banana. :D It's going to be full of them alcohol calories because we've got friend coming over for my birthday and there will be lots of eating out and drinking. Will try to be sensible. :)
Oh and scales...you know this enemy in the bathroom...it told me today that I was 199 pounds!! Under 200 now yay!

Today’s food diary:
Breakfast:
Made a raspberry/banana smoothie. Had half of it and was full..will have other half later on. That was about 120 cal.
Had the other half after my nap .
apple 50
125 g of quark 100cal
strawberry jam 60

So I went out to eat. Had grilled salmon with veggies and mash.
I would say 600 cals?

Total today:1050

Last edited:
Sunday...
Going for a little trip with my friends today. Going to have 13 mile walk. Hope it won't be raining.
I've backed a little box of carrots and hummous and some grapes for my snacking needs :)
Food today:
strawberry/ banana smoothie 250cal

Calories total:250 cal

Ended up doing 10 miles because we were a bit late and it was getting dark.
According to my sports tracker I used up 900 calories.
I did eat crap too though.
Tried to write it down but it was over 2000 already. It was my birthday celebration and I did burn lots of calories so it's not so bad hopefully.

Anyway...about today..more challenges, because it's actually my birthday!
I just had half of carrot with some hummous 70 cal
some grapes 50 cal
Going to eat out later on so I'll save my calories for that. :)

Total so far: 120 calories

Oh and it has been 1 week since I started!!

Week1 -9lbs (4kg)

Well done.
Don't worry about your birthday, you're allowed to splurge, it's just getting back on track after the fact that counts :)

Oeh..Doen't feel so good today.
Will just write down my foods:
Tomato soup 155 cal
Crab sticks 60 cal
Chocolate 100
Total:315

Good lord woman, no wonder you don't feel good! Eat some food! That's not enough calories to live on, have some protein and some veggies or something.

It's not as much as I didn't eat I just had no time to write things down because of the birthday celebrations!
Back on the wagon now!!! :)
Just having one of my lovely breakfast smoothies
1 little banana 50
rasberries 20
120 ml skim milk 43
120 ml apple juice 50
seens and wheat germ 85
Tot: 250

Lunch:
parsnips 55
runner beans 10
chicken breast 125
potatoes 100
little sasuma 40
Tot: 330
Had a toblerone traingle and a bit white chocolate 200 cal plus a bit more later :(
yoghurt 65
2 crab sticks 30

Dinner:
Veggies 100 cal
fish in breadcrumbs 350
beans 100

Total so far: 1950 cal

Had too many sweets today! oh and a bit of cake :(
Will be better tomorrow. It's because I was home a lot today. Long day and too many meals. :()

Last edited:
I'LL BE GOOD TODAY.
Max 1 triangle of toblerone ;)

Breakfast smoothie:
half banana 50
apple juice 50
yoghurt 65
seeds and wheat germ 85

Cereal bar snack 90

Lunch:
Soup 326

Afternoon snacks:
Cereal bar snack 90
2 fish sticks 40

Dinner:

2 meat free burgers 170
1 mushroom burger 155
vegetables plus vat free sauce 100

Total:1216

Did 5 miles on my bike too.

Last edited:
Friday already!
Don't think I'll be losing any weight this week. Stupid birthday! Oh well I've got until Monday to work on it.
Been thinking of getting some kind of piece of exercise equipment. Thinking of stepper. Something like that http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3029727.htm?_$ja=tsid:11527|cc:|prd:3029727|cat:sports+and+leisure+%2F+clearance+sports+and+leisure+%2F+home+gym+equipment+%2F
Would be good to do some exercises without having to go somewhere.

Anyway... food diary:
Breakfast:
Smoothie 250 cal

Lunch:
High protein snack 250
4 fish sticks with a bit of hummus 100
white chocolate 150
cereal bar 100

Dinner:
Macrel salad 500

Total so far: 1500 cal

Last edited:
Arrrrgghh...Feeling really down today and can't stop snacking.
Supposed to go to my placement today but didn't feel like it. Just want to hide. And now I have been snacking on things! Feeling really guilty about not going, now I feel guilty about snacking...
On days like that I just don't know what to do.
It's really windy outside probably would have been impossible to cycle there anyway...I'm really good at making up excuses :(

Happy Belated Birthday! Saturday is a new day so stop feeling guilty about the snacking of Friday and feel good about the success you're going to have instead :)

Back