ProPoints "The Bell is a Signal for Me...": Diary of a trainee teacher

Marthamydear is was worth every point :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Eek okay so I thought i was being placed in a year 4 class for my 12 week placement but have been moved to a year 6 now. Petrified or what?!! Going to have to do some practice SATs papers this weekend and see where I'm at with my subject knowledge - not to mention behaviour strategies!

Having pork stir fry in pitta bread for dinner and will aim for 4-7 of my weeklies.

Weigh in is 1.5hours away... Wish me luck xx

Yaaaaaaay!!!! 2.5lbs loss!!!!!!!!!!

A total of 7.5lbs in 3 weeks!

Only 0.5lbs until I reach my 5%

Starting day 1 of using my weeklies xx

Well done you that's fantastic! I've changed weigh in day to Monday because of my bootcamp leader does one for us!

New starting point 9st 2. That's a stone heavier than this time last year.

We'll all be skinny mini's soon

Oh nothing beats a Monday's weigh in to set you up for the week :D I would kill to be 9st 2 :O :O lol! But i am sure you will be your ideal weight in no time - just in time for summer (if it EVER comes around!) You get much snow? Was so weird travelling to Uni from somewhere ankle deep in snow to Uni where no snow has even blinked there lol! xx

Monday 6th February: Weigh In Day

Breakfast
40g Bran flakes - 4pp
100ml semi skimmed milk - 1pp

Lunch
velvet crunch crisps - 2pp
danish slice x2 - 3pp
x3 wafer thin ham - 1pp
asda lighter soft cheese - 1pp
ww brownie - 2pp

Dinner
Stir fry in pittas:
x2 ww pitta - 5pp
pork escalopes 100g - 4pp
hoisin and garlic stir fry sauce 2Tbsp - 1pp
Delicious!!

Snacks
WW toffee yogurt - 1pp
6 asda choc buttons 16g - 2pp

Daily PP used: 26
Weekly PP used:1
Total PP used: 27

Okay so only used one of my weeklies tonight. But thats cos I'm spreading them out across the week :) plus not gonna eat for the sake of eating! Hope this improves my weightloss or just doesn't ruin my losses so far!! Time will tell!

xx

Tuesday 7th February

Breakfast
35g porridge - 3pp
sugar free squash - 0pp

Lunch
WW bagel - 4pp
ham - 1pp
cheese spread - 1pp
velvet crisps - 2pp
cheese spread - 1pp
ww vanilla yog - 1pp

Dinner
150g good for you chips - 6pp
iceland breaded chicken bites x5 - 6pp
1/2 tin asda spaghetti - 2pp

Snacks
WW mint choc torte - 5pp
Banana

Weekly PP used:7
Total PP used: 32

Okay so had 7 of my weeklies today. So scared this is going to backfire - but i guess it's only a week. If it goes pear shaped then i just pray for only a little gain and hope for the best.

Am deffo going to the gym tomorrow though - otherwise the weeklies + less exercise might backfire on me!!

Mental day yes
terday I went mental. I ate everything in sight two curly wurlys, muffin popcorn and so on.

Today I have to be good! I was afraid to point.

So far I've had weetabix, skimmed milk.

Two cups o tea and 3 square o chocolate. Yum. Lunch is gonna be a chicken wrap and dinner home made chilli with wedges

mmm muffins! Lol keep the food out of sight hehehe - dw ive felt like that this week. Must be the horrible weather and early starts... just wanna eat all the time!!

Your lunch and dinner sounds lovely :)

Wednesday 8th February

Breakfast
40g bran flakes - 4pp

Lunch
WW wrap - 3pp
x3 iceland breaded chicken bites - 3pp
hoisin and garlic sauce - 1pp
velvet crisps - 2pp
ww jelly - 0pp

Thinking ill have this for dinner....

Dinner
160g roosters potato (wedges) - 3pp
1/2 asda pepperoni pizza - 9pp
smokey bbq sauce - 1pp

Snacks
WW bread - 1pp
jam - 1pp
WW caramel mallow wafer - 1pp
WW caramel wafer choc bar - 2pp

Weekly PP used:7
Total PP used: 31

Gutted cos with my OH here, I haven't been to the gym since Saturday :( was gonna go today but after embarrassingly slipping today on the ice, i didn't want to risk walking to and from the gym lol! In fairness... I did have 2 hours of gymnastics at uni today!! And i'm deffo doing Body Jam (an aerobics dance class) Saturday lunch time :) but i have so much uni work to do that i wont get in during the evenings!

Last edited:
Hope you didn't hurt yourself! My god food is hidden. So bold but always the same when It's near totm.

Went to bootcamp tonight so let's hope it paid off. It's worth 6 ap but I refuse to even acknowledge them after yesterday. How's uni?

Ooh wow 6ap sounds intense! I never count my APs just because i like to think they cancel out the crap i eat (despite the crap im eating being covered by my dailies and weeklies lol!) I am looking forward to Body Jam on saturday. For some reason its such a hard class to book for even though when i've peeked in waiting for other classes there seems to be LOADS of people there! Luckily I put my name on the wait list and have even booked for next week (hoping that i enjoy it!)

Uni is good. So stressful now though. Purely because the buzz word is "jobs" - write your personal statement, arrange visits to schools, look for jobs, get a portfolio together, prepare for interview....! But as of yet my personal statement is not really up to scratch (bullet points and notes) and there are no primary teaching jobs in my area or local surroundings. Not to mention stress for my next placement which starts in 5 weeks... and been told I'm no longer in year 4 but year 6. SATs. Fun. On the plus side the school is "outstanding' and i am sure that they are a wonderful school to be a part of for my final placement. And then theres the 4000 word assignment hanging over my head lol!! Have decided not to resubmit my 1st assignment (i got an honours level pass instead of a masters level, which just means I won't get 60credits at the end of the course to put towards the masters ill never have the time or money to do lol). Oh and soooo sorry for blabbing on lol its been one of those weeks!!

Hows school? You finding it okay balancing work and diet? x

Thursday 9th February

Breakfast
30g porridge - 3pp
1/2 spoon jam - 1pp

Lunch
WW pitta - 3pp
ham - 1pp
extra light mayo - 0pp
ww crisps - 2pp
ww jelly - 0pp
ww cheese - 1pp

Thinking ill have this for dinner....

Dinner
peppers - 0pp
125g mince - 6pp
ww roll - 3pp
ww cheese - 1pp

Snacks
WW fruit loaf - 2pp
crumpets x2 - 4pp
flora lighter than light - 1pp
WW caramel wafer choc bar - 2pp

Weekly PP used:4
Total PP used: 30

Have 32pp weeklies left :) think thats good cos I think I will deffo use some extra tomorrow as I am at uni all day! And I will use some for the weekend. Won't go to the max, might leave about 10pp. Fingers crossed for monday! xx

Last edited:
It is but I love it! I surprised myself of how hard I worked. I normally don't count them but because my Monday was so bad. I'm hoping they help.

It's okay with work at the moment I've been much better at keeping to my points with my planning getting better. I'm back in college two nights a week 630-930 so dinners can be all over the place.

Your dinner tonight is mine tomorrow looks great! Jobs I hated all that, although you can only do your best with the written word.make sure you dazzle everyone with your personality.

Friday 10th February

Breakfast
porridge 30g - 3pp

Lunch
WW wrap - 3pp
ham - 1pp
kerry low low cheese spread 16g - 1pp
velvet crisps - 2pp
ww yogurt - 1pp
ww choc/raisin cookies - 2pp

Dinner
Spag Bol:
WW danish x1 - 1pp
extra lean beef mince - 6pp
pasta dried white 40g - 4pp
WW spag bol sauce 1/3 jar - 1pp

Snacks
jelly tots x10 - 1pp
ww belgian choc and vanilla mousse - 3pp
ww chicken noodle soup - 1pp

Weekly PP used:4
Total PP used: 30

[/COLOR]

Saturday 11th February

Breakfast
WW baked beans 1/2 can - 4pp
x2 white danish - 3pp

Lunch
WW bagel - 4pp
ham - 1pp
kerry low low cheese spread 20g - 2pp

Dinner
Tikka Masala Curry
1/3 jar WW tikka masala sauce - 6pp
chicken 120g - 4pp
100g easy cook white rice - 4pp
ww pitta bread - 3pp

Snacks
WW cheese puff crisps - 2pp
Grapes
UPDATE:
WW choc torte - 5pp
WW warburton thins - 3pp
kerry low low cheese - 2pp
ham - 1pp

Weekly PP used:13
Total PP used: 39

Very excited! Woke up at a very early time (for a saturday) to go to a Body Jam (dancercise class) at the gym. 60mins of intense moving and shimmying and squats and jumping - LOVED IT! Glad I managed to book it for next saturday too!! AND next next tuesday as I finish Uni a bit earlier! Lush!

Also excited as OH is back tomorrow (snow - go away!) from Newcastle! And we can spend our first Valentines together (excuse the soppiness lol). Oh really wanted to do lots of uni work today.... but instead didnt really do anything. Rubbish!

UPDATE: Okay so I used 13pp of my weeklies today. I have 15pp left for tomorrow. Having smoked haddock, mash and parsley sauce for dinner tomorrow... so my points shouldn't be too bad.

Praying for a loss on Monday. Even just to reach my 5% really!!
Might not use all my weeklies next week - it's made me feel really... bad lol! xx

Last edited:
So weigh in day! And I'm down a pound. I'll take that considering its totm, i broke out saturday night and had a Chinese.

It was so good but I only plated up half o it. Giving myself the option to go back and I was so full I didn't have too.

Weight watchers is defo a way o having it all. Off to bootcamp now get a few more aps. Spent the weekend baby sitting for my sister I'm extremely tired, that's fantastic to spend Valentines together.

Well that's got rid of the pound from last week - so I'd take that as a win :) well done!
I am dreading WI tonight... in an hour... eek. Because I've had so many points this week - all within my weeklies - as I wanted to see what having weeklies did to my weight loss. Seemed like such a good idea when i was 2.5lbs down on Monday... now I'm panicking!! Doesn't help that my digestive system is up the wall at the moment!

Hope u had fun at bootcamp :) hope it hasn't made you more tired though!!
I just can't wait for a Nando's tomorrow - the whole valentines thing is purely an excuse hahaha just don't tell the OH heheh!

Sunday 12th February

Breakfast
porridge 34g - 3pp

Lunch
warburtons thins - 3pp
asda ready to eat chicken tikka 40g - 1pp
kerry low low cheese spread 16g - 1pp

Dinner
smoked haddock 117g - 3pp
new potatoes 156g - 3pp
asda parsley sauce 40g - 1pp

Snacks
WW choc brownie dessert - 4pp
WW cheese puff crisps - 2pp
WW caramel cake bar - 2pp
WW caramel wafer bar - 2pp
quaker oats so simple - 4pp
kellogs cornflakes 30g (the variety pack box) - 3pp

Weekly PP used:6
Total PP used: 32

Woah I had so many snacks yesterday evening :eek: but they were within my weeklies! So worried that I haven't lost/or worse PUT ON this week since having my weeklies. Had 9 left unused.
Thing is, my bowels are not liking this diet (sorry for tmi!!) so been taking senokot after most dinners... seems to take ages for anything to "happen" and for the last two days nothings "happened" so deffo gonna reflect on tonights scales!!

Wish me luck xx

Eeeeeek!!!! Lost 1.5lbs tonight - I was bricking it!! But 1.5lbs means I exceeded my 5% TARGET and am 9lbs lighter in 4 weeks!!

Next target is my stone (5lbs to lose) my next silver 7 (7lbs to lose) and my 10% (7lbs to lose). Onwards and downwards hehe :) xxx

Back