ProPoints "The Bell is a Signal for Me...": Diary of a trainee teacher

Hi!!

I'm back! I've been off the wagon, well since the week after i reached goal haha but I'm due to move into my new home next week and thought I best get ahead of the game! So am going to my first WW meeting in weeks! I may have to pay as I might have gone OVER the 5lbs...

Hope you are all well and have survived the summer!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi,welcome back :0) hope all goes well when you move in your new home and when you go back to the meeting,they say maintaining is the hardest part! You will get there :0)

I gained 6.5lbs overall but only 3.5lbs over goal. Not bad in my opinion since I have literally eaten myself sick most days the last month lol!! Not good!! But I hope to get back to my 9st 8lbs eventually. Think i was actually disliking the fact my fave clothes were getting too big! If I had the money for new ones I may have had a different attitude lol xx

That's not a bad gain and you will soon get that off.Yea hard when clothes go baggy and there's no spare cash for new ones! Hope you have a good day today.

I've been hiding, shamefaced and piling on the pounds. As school started back I thought I'd get myself on the wagon

I know what you mean!! I start school Tuesday and thought I would just leave it til then to start back! Seeing as my WI day is Tuesday. Got myself some WW scales yday and it said this morning I'm 9st 13. Lol not sure how cos that would mean i lost weight in the past few weeks lol!! Definitely not! Gonna check on mums scales tonight when I got round for dinner! How's things ladies? Xx

I think you should go by your new scales, considering you'll be using them for weigh in? I've after stocking up my press in school with all weight watchers food.

It's a good time to get a fresh start, where do you teach again? I know you said but I forgot. I've been considering a move to England lately with my job been so unsecure

X x

Hi,all good my way 7.5lbs till I'm at goal :0)
Yea makes sense to stick with scales at home plus you will weigh differently in the evening :0)

Good news - the scales matched my mums and my mums usually matched the ones at WI :)

I work at a primary school in West Sussex. Year 4 :) its my first year teaching so especially nervous - no idea what to expect!! Where abouts are you again Kimbo?

Well done daisy :) you star!! I Am sure I will reach goal in no time!! Xx

I'm a teacher too! This is my sixth year teaching so just want to say the best of luck on your first year! It can be really daunting but keep on top of things as you go and it'll be great! Enjoy it! x

Thank you! I need to get back into an exercise routine tbh since quitting the gym. Any suggestions?

And thank you doctorwhogirl. What year do u teach and how long have you been on WW? Xx

I'm in Ireland so different age levels! Last year I had 5th class (which is mainly 11 year olds, their second last year in primary education) This year is Learning Support helping children who are struggling and working with kids with specific learning difficulties! Have never done it before but I think I'll really like it. Will miss having my own hoarde of children though and all the other subjects as I just work with English and Maths mainly.

Exercise wise I love:
Boxfit
Rebounding
Pump and lift (weights class)
TRX (suspension stuff)
Jogging!

:D

I've been on ww since August 2009. Got to goal June 2010 but am calorie counting now to try and control the extra pounds I have put on. It's only a stone but it's going no further. I have big trouble maintaining tho :rolleyes: I'll see if cal counting works! :)

I'm in Ireland, second level so I've got 13 - 18 year olds. Going into my sixth year now and considering a change location. I am tempted to make a move to England..

Learning support is hard but extremely rewarding, I have done some throughout the years.

I'm trying to motivate myself to get to the gym. I'm taking baby steps to get back on track

Ah thanks ladies! Got to say exercise has been bottom of my agenda lol since I've been waking at 6.30am and getting home from school at about 5.30pm lol but I have stuck to my 26pp since tues-thurs only using 3pp weeklies on fri night :) then Saturday I slipped back into my old ways of eating to procrastinate!! BUT I pointed still. Used about 17pp weeklies! But I know ill use more weeklies today probably and then none Monday then Tuesday I'll have lost weight I hope! Had a cheeky jump on the scales this morning and I am.....9st 10.5lbs :) so I am now .5lbs less than my goal weight :) I might even pop to group on Tuesday to update this officially too :) xx

Wow it's been a very long time since I've been here! But I've gained 10lbs since reaching (and exceeding) Goal Weight so think its about time I jumped back on board the train to Skinnyville!!

I am 2lbs OVER my maximum Gold Member weight so am going it alone for a few weeks until I can face the group free of charge again lol I'm a newly qualified teacher so need to save the pennies!!

My sister is also joining WW online so that should be more of a boost :)

Hope everyone else has been doing well!

Okay back... again. I am now 7lbs over my GOAL weight (approx 10st 5lbs - tho weighed in a few lbs lighter this morning). NEED to get back on it so I'm slim for summer again!! I can see the sunshine through the window now and I know being to big to be able to wear my lovely summer clothes again will be so depressing! Just wish the stress and time-consuming nature of the job would allow me to be better at WW like before! Before... it was my life. It was quite easy. Now... it seems like a struggle. And I haven't got nearly as much to lose as before. Why is that??! x

Back