The benefits of measuring yourself...

HellieCopter

Gold Member
Just thought I'd post about this, seeing as I did my latest stats this morning.

I've been feeling a bit oomphless about weight loss over the last few days/couple of weeks. Back to going slowly (or not at all) and not really being inspired to create nice tasty foods...I'm still on track but with less enthusiasm than normal.

Anyway...that's not the point!

I've just got Wii Active and started the 30 day challenge - and Evanesco's 30 day challenge gang over in fitness board. I took my measurements this morning...

I've lost almost 3" from my waist, 1" off each arm, 2" from my hips and similar from my bust (slightly less happy about the bust!!)

It's so good to see those figures! When I thought nothing was happening, there's the physical evidence that it is.

So..the moral of this story is...

Measure yourself as you go!

If you've not yet done it, do it asap! Then measure again at each half stone.

You'll be pleased :D

Yay you. I'm going by my clothes because my stats are all funny lol I think I need to do it nekid to get proper results. My work trousers are almost falling off me though, and they were tighter when I started, so I know it's working.

I so agree with you Hellie! We get far too hung up on the scales, and they never tell the whole story. The tape doesn't lie (unless you pull it really tight!) and gives you a boost if you're sticking to the plan and do't get the results on the scale.

I love Love LOVE measuring, I do it every Wednesday morning, it definately shows how your body is changing, you can see more results than on the scales. Even if I sts I usually have inch loss. Weird but I like it!!

Back