The big ship sails on the Alli Alli Oh...

Ooooh Shanny, my local newsagent have a box of reduced Dime bars - 15p each. I've just stocked up and now have the fridge full (I like them cold).

Yesterday I picked on various foods so didn't eat the Dime bar in the end. I'm pretty sure I was comfortably within syns (not included the SlimFast) though so not worried. I made some ice cream and had a couple of licks off the children's cones (just tidying them up ;). I don't mind a messy house but can't stand untidty ice-creams:rolleyes::D) and also ate a few small chocolate buttons that I used in the ice cream.

Today's menu:

B: Porridge (HEB), frozen raspberries, Milk (HEA) - KC, I'm taking inspiration from you :D
L: Brown Rice, fried with red onions and leftover butternut squash - yummy!
S: Twister (4)
D: Tarka Dhal (2.5) with rice
S: Yogurt, pineapple, Fibre + (HEB)

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend so far! It was raining heavily here this morning but has been beautiful since so have spent the afternoon in our local park with the kids. They've been playing and I've been reading a book (no Mel, it wasn't Beck ;)). Lovely!

DH is out today/night so am planning on getting the kids in the bath shortly, cook our meal and then snuggle up on the sofa with a film. Not sure what we'll watch yet but we have lots of films that we have recorded so I'm sure we'll find one.

Am looking forward to a relaxed evening! Might even see if I have enough syns for a G&T!!

You have noticed my porridge addiction, then! Your day's plan is my perfect menu... yum to the takka dahl! The rice & onions combo sounds yum also. Chucking down here all day, to the point where it is starting to flood... not impressed! Took mum out for a cuppa & cake as won't see her till Friday now, and we almost got washed away it was raining so hard on the short walk between car & cafe. I had skinny latte while mum had cake & tea and DD had cheese panini... felt pleased with that.

Enjoy that G&T Alli!

xxx

Hi Alli,

Never had a Dime bar. I have put it on my "to do" list.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Mel

Hi all,

A bit late posting today but it's been a busy day. We've just come back from a church service at Rochester Cathedral. It was beautiful and not too long ;). I think it felt like an eternity to the children though :D. We went for ice creams afterwards as we bribed the children to behave and I was good and just had a black coffee.

Menu today:

B:Fibre + (HEB), Yogurt
L:cold cuts, salad, pitta bread (HEB)
S: Fruit
D: Roast leg of lamb, veggies, gravy (1 syn)
S: Dime bar (7.5)

Hope you are all having a nice relaxed Sunday evening!
S:

Another lb bites the dust!!! :):):):):)

I'm doing so much better than expected - whenever I've tried SW before I've gradually started stretching the rules until I stopped losing weight. Not this time :D

Only 0.3 points to get off before my BMI reaches 25 YAY and only 1lb until I'm 10 something!!!

Anyway - back to earth now as have a busy day ahead.

Today I'm eating:

B: Yogurt, sliced peaches, banana, skinny cappuccino (HEA)
S: Fibre + (HEB)
L: Pret Salmon and Crayfish salad with fat free dressing
S: Raspberries
D: SW Doner kebab with w/m pitta (HEB)
S: Dime bar (7.5)

Have a great day!

Alli, SOOO happy about that 1lb! Well done!!! Your food choices are great. It really helps me to know you & Bess & Katie are doing SW too, and that it is working for us ex-CDers - as well as for the fab & supportive SWers on here! So, so close to that magic BMI!!!

xxx

Hi Alli,

Well done on the one pound -- slow and steady seems to be the best way to get it off and KEEP IT OFF!

I hope you are having a good week, so far.

Mel

Big cheers here from Surrey/Berkshire borders :D Well done Alli. You are really doing so well. Am chuffed and proud of you xxx

Thanks everyone! I'm really pleased with my progress although I still hop on to the CD board regularly and enviously read about the big losses. Still - I'm getting close now. My scales said 10st 13 3/4 today so in the 10s by 115g or thereabouts (sorry about the mix in metric and imperial - I don't do ounces) ;)

I was seconded into a new role at work on Monday and have spent the past 2 days handing work over to a contractor. It's really hard to hand stuff over when I haven't been given a chance to prepare for it. I haven't had a chance to look at the new job I'm supposed to be doing - I have a splitting headache from all the talking LOL and can't wait for this week to be over! :)

Menu today:

B: Whole punnet of strawberries!!
L: M&S Sandwich which I worked out to be HEB + 6 syns, nana
S: Total 0% yogurt with raspberries and 1tsp honey (1 syn)
D: Syn Free sausages, Syn Free Chips, Broccoli, Ketchup (1 syn)

that leaves me with up to 7 syns to use tonight. A Dime bar is 7.5 - I can live with that extra 0.5 syn...

Right - off to put the kids to bed...

Thanks everyone! I'm really pleased with my progress although I still hop on to the CD board regularly and enviously read about the big losses. Still - I'm getting close now. My scales said 10st 13 3/4 today so in the 10s by 115g or thereabouts (sorry about the mix in metric and imperial - I don't do ounces) ;)
Hun, I still deal with pounds, shillings and pence and don't get me started on metres and cms!!! Feet and inches all the way lol xxx
I was seconded into a new role at work on Monday and have spent the past 2 days handing work over to a contractor. It's really hard to hand stuff over when I haven't been given a chance to prepare for it. I haven't had a chance to look at the new job I'm supposed to be doing - I have a splitting headache from all the talking LOL and can't wait for this week to be over! :)
Oooh, good luck with that. No wonder you have a rotten headache. xxx
Menu today:

B: Whole punnet of strawberries!!
L: M&S Sandwich which I worked out to be HEB + 6 syns, nana
S: Total 0% yogurt with raspberries and 1tsp honey (1 syn)
D: Syn Free sausages, Syn Free Chips, Broccoli, Ketchup (1 syn)

that leaves me with up to 7 syns to use tonight. A Dime bar is 7.5 - I can live with that extra 0.5 syn...

Right - off to put the kids to bed...
That all looks excellent Alli x

That's fantastic Alli. And only 0.3 off BMI 25. Something I could only dream about !!!!

Well done to you.

Gail x

That's fantastic Alli. And only 0.3 off BMI 25. Something I could only dream about !!!!

Well done to you.

Gail x

You may dream about it now Gail but it will soon be reality for you. You only have to look at all those stickers in your signature to know that! Amazing!

Morning everyone!

Handing over my job to my replacement is completely exhausting and I haven't yet started looking at my new job. I know that some people will have noticed this so must get some meetings in the diary today. I lost sleep over it last night which is unusual for me!

Food was awful.

B: Half melon
L: Nothing
S: (at 4pm) bowl of granola (7 syns)
D: Slice of kids pizza and another half melon before falling into bed.

It was a disaster zone. I had the melon for breakfast as I was planning on having egg on toast at work but got drawn into meetings and before I knew it I had to head off to a suppliers meeting which started at 1pm and finished at 3.45 :(
I had to go back to the office so grabbed a bowl of cereal at my desk before rushing home. I didn't have any energy to cook for the children so stuck a pizza in and simply ate the leftover slice for my own dinner.

So today I will focus on lots of good food to make up for it:

B: Apple, banana, then poached egg on toast at work
L: Spiced lentil & carrot soup, yogurt
S: Fibre + (HEB)
D: Chicken Stirfry with noodles (might add some syns to this)
S: Melon, 5 squares of G&B chocolate (5 syns)

Hope everyone has a lovely day!!

Awwwww, thanks for your support :)

Don't worry too much about yesterday's food - if it was every day, then I'd be a bit concerned but as a one off all you can say is that you did your best ! Hope today is better for you and work gets a bit easier as you get the handover a bit more sorted.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Alli, whether the choices were good or not, that's just not enough food to keep you going at a time when you need to be sharp and ready for anything... you've got me worried now, please don't work yourself into the ground. If you are not sleeping either you'll end up exhausted. Today's menu looks much better, hope you manage to get time to eat it!

Sending a hug, this stressy time will pass.

xxx

Well done on being so close to BMI 25, although you are probably there now! I hope the stressy time eases off very soon. Look after yourself. xx

Thanks for your concern guys - I am definitely working too hard at the moment but it's mainly because of the handover. Next week I will be focussing on my new job and quite frankly I don't know how I'm going to fill my day. No doubt once I get stuck in I'll be busy again but I think I'll have a few quiet-ish weeks which is good as there will be a lot of new information to take in.

Katy - Yesterday was appalling wasn't it! It's highly unusual for me to skip lunch but we were running from meeting to meeting and I just didn't realise what time it was and then I was stuck in a meeting where I couldn't eat so not much choice unfortunately. I had really bad stomach cramps last night (totm is on its way) so that didn't help either.

So today -

I've stuck to my menu with just the addition of a small breadroll with my soup. As I'm doing EE I will have to syn the Fibre + so that will take me to 11 syns. Happy with that!

I managed to squeeze in to my size 12 Boden jeans that I previously couldn't get over my derriere but I got into them today and even managed to walk down to our local cafe and then back again. They are seriously tight and I could only wear them with one of those tops that are elasticated at the bottom so lots of fabric to cover the giant muffin top :D - but it's a start! I'm so happy because I bought those just after I got to goal in 2009 and didn't wear them for long as they only just fitted when I bought them (I'm ever the optimist:rolleyes:) and when I put a couple of lbs on they weren't comfortable.

When I tried them on in January I couldn't believe that I had ever fitted in to them so am really chuffed that I can see myself wearing them again in a couple of months time.

I'm back in my comfy jeans now though - and I can breathe again :D

DH is coming home from his course tomorrow and I can't wait! For all that I enjoy being on my own juggling everything is quite hard and I miss having him around...the children miss him too!

Anyway - my children are demanding attention - better go!

Not appalling at all Alli, just worrying about you... but some days are just chaotic, I know. Yay to the jeans... brilliant!

xxx

Good to read your news Alli and the new job sounds great, a change is good and you'll soon make it your own I'm sure. Those Boden jeans!! Wow! I love Boden, all those zany colours make me smile. I have a zipped top with big pink and orange dots :eek: which I've had for ages and love it!

Like you, I was so excited to be seeing all my family again on Tuesday, it feels right to be all together again doesn't it? xxx

Morning all!

I'm so glad it's the weekend! I got up early for a hair appointment only to get to my hairdressers and I got the date wrong! :(

Still, it meant I was up and ready reasonably early and have done some cleaning (desperately needed) and tidying around. We're not doing anything today so I might just pop to Bluewater to see if I can pick up a pair of gloves and a load of bobbypins.

I jumped on the scales this morning despite not weighing in until Monday and I was 10st 12lbs!! That's 2.5lbs down since last week. TOTM started overnight and I normally seem to drop weight around then so am trying not to get my hopes up as it could just be temporary - but either way it was great to greet my old friend 10st again :D

Today I'm eating:

B: Chocolate weetabix with milk (HEB + 2, HEA), grapes
L: Carrot & Lentil soup, slice of w/m bread (HEB)
D: BNS risotto, philly light sweet chilli (2.5)
S: Fruit, yogurt

If I can I will save some syns for tomorrow's lunch as I have no idea what will be served. It will be a flexi meal either way...thinking about it my scales will definitely go back up by Monday after tomorrow...

Have a great day everyone!

Oooooh the BNS risotto plus philly sounds delicious. Good news about the scales - don't worry that it might not be there on Monday, it's just a taster of what is to come :)

Hope the shopping goes well.

Gail x

Back