The big ship sails on the Alli Alli Oh...

Hi Alli, found you on here and just read your diary. I wonder what you did about the crisps? (I would have eaten them as well. :eek:)

I know you are a Dieting Queen and that you've done SW a couple of times before. (I have once when I joined to support a friend, she left and so did I - but this time I have joined for me.)

I realise now, that CD made me feel, when I blew it, that 'all was lost so stuff it'...and so on. SW doesn't do that for me, my still lax eating is something I have finally learned to accept and now I am finding that the lapses aren't so frequent or so bad. I'm just not beating myself up any more and very slowly the weight is coming off. I think/hope there will be improvements in this area for me with SW, I feel much better, physically and in my head.

So perhaps sticking with it for the long haul, despite falls from grace from time to time, might be the way for you too? Hope so. xx

Hi Alli, found you on here and just read your diary. I wonder what you did about the crisps? (I would have eaten them as well. :eek:)

I ate them and enjoyed them ;). It was just a small bag and I decided I'd rather have them and feel like I was treating myself than feel deprived and end up eating a load of chocolate biscuits or something instead.

I'm fine today although am feeling a bit rough probably from lack of sleep (working past midnight last night) so am craving chocolate a bit. That's OK I've had a mini egg now and will have another one later.

Menu for today (red day) is:

B: Alpen light bar + banana
S: Mini egg, clementine
L: Tuna and boiled egg salad
S: Mini egg, yogurt
D: Burger in wholemeal roll and salad
S: Alpen light bar

HEA: Coffee, cheese in burger
HEB: Alpen Light, burger bun
Syns: Mini eggs (1.5), ketchup (1)

That leaves me with enough spare syns to have something if I want to or I can make up for yesterday but keeping the syns low today.

Hope you are all well and getting to enjoy the sunshine!

Excellent way of thinking about it! I've been struggling with how I use my syns since I started SW... do I eat them? Do I save them for later when I may want some chocolate? Or do I save them for Friday and use them on alcohol?! Hmmm. Always the same questions, yet the outcome is the same - I fill up on superfree, don't feel hungry and don't have any syns. Obviously, this is not following the plan and can only lead to DANGER. Definitely something I have to work on...
x

Hi All,

What a glorious day and how depressing that I'm stuck inside!! :(

Still - am planning on going out for a walk soon when work calms down. I haven't slept well at all these past couple of days because of work stresses. Isn't it funny that when going through majorly stressful periods it's the little insignificant things that causes the most stress? I was awake virtually all night stressing about emails I hadn't responded to and other minor things I hadn't done. We have big issues to deal with and I'm happy with those! - Very strange. :confused:

I'm out tonight with some friends and will eat at Zizzi. I've decided what I'm having (pasta with prawns in a tomato sauce) and am happy with that choice. It will be the first time that I don't have pizza as I love pizza with a passion, but I'm sure I'll enjoy what I'm having as well. :)

Food today is as follows:

B: Weetabix (HEB) + Milk (HEA)
S: Yogurt, grapes
L: Carrot & Lentil Soup, yogurt
S: Banana
D: Pasta with king prawns and tomatoes (flexi), glass of wine (6)

I might have a couple of mini eggs as well this afternoon if I need a chocolate fix.

Got my delivery from our butchers on yesterday so am planning on having a BBQ on Saturday night if the weather is OK - very much looking forward to that!

Hope you are all well and looking forward to a great weekend!! :)

Hi All,

Night out last night was great and I was very good I think. I had a linguini dish with king prawns in a tomato sauce. It certainly seemed very light. I had parmesan on it but had saved half a HEA so think I was covered. Instead of pudding I just had a fresh mint tea. I did have a small glass of prosecco but don't think that's more than 4-5 syns.

Today has been a bit hit and miss, but here goes (RED Day):

B: Scrambled eggs and bacon medallions
S: Alpen Light (0.5 HEB), yogurt
L: plain chicken and a tub of raspberries (we were out and choices were limited)
S: Alpen Light (0.5 HEB)
D: SW Kebab with massive salad and salsa (0.5 syns) served in Pitta Bread (HEB)
S: Cadbury Chocolate light chocolate mousse (3), Doritos crisps (6.5 syns), grapes

So that's 10 syns exactly! I'm so looking forward to the kebab - it smells lovely!

I hope you are all enjoying your weekends!

Hi Alli,

I am interested in seeing how well you lose weight on this diet. It all sounds too good to be true. The kebab sounds lovely, I am going to me making those for DH tomorrow lunchtime(with a whole wheat pitta), and I will be making a lovely pork chop and apple slice dish for his evening meal. I am not sure about Monday night, yet. But, very Beck-ish I try to plan the meals in advance and alternate the protein.

MM

Hi Alli,

I am interested in seeing how well you lose weight on this diet. It all sounds too good to be true. The kebab sounds lovely, I am going to me making those for DH tomorrow lunchtime(with a whole wheat pitta), and I will be making a lovely pork chop and apple slice dish for his evening meal. I am not sure about Monday night, yet. But, very Beck-ish I try to plan the meals in advance and alternate the protein.

MM

Hi Mel,

The kebab was lovely but a bit dry so requires quite a bit of sauce. I made a tomato salsa in the end to avoid using up loads of syns on a pre-made one.

I've had a couple of minor slip-ups this week as well as a week out so I don't expect to lose a lot, but a lb or two would be nice. I haven't weighed myself at all this week as it really affects my mood that day and has often thrown me off course. I'm looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow though just to see if there has been any change.

Today I'm having a lazy day. I had such nightmares last night and didn't sleep well again so am feeling a bit rough this morning. I've got loads of chores to do anyway so will probably potter about in my PJs until lunch time.

Food for today (Extra Easy):

B: Wholemeal toast (HEB) with Philly cheese (2)
S: Raspberries, yogurt
L: Egg fried rice with stir fry veg
S: More fruit / yogurt
D: Lasagne from latest magazine (1.5)
S: Cadbury's light mousse (3)

Hope the stresses are a bit less now Alli. I do think you are great, the way you know your way around SW and [plan your meals- I'm still checking the book! Looks like you have things all sorted now, I so agree with your comment that the scales can affect mood (and eating :eek:) for the rest of that day....when's your weigh in? xx

Hi Alli,

I am glad that you explained what EE means. I really should look more at SW, but SB has worked so well for DH (and me in the past). He lost 3 pounds this week -- so, he now weighs 11st 9 (he is only 5'6") but that still means he has lost 35 pounds since January 2nd!

I'll weight tomorrow at my CDC's. I am hoping for my sad little 1 pound, but am expecting a STS.

MM

Hope the stresses are a bit less now Alli. I do think you are great, the way you know your way around SW and [plan your meals- I'm still checking the book! Looks like you have things all sorted now, I so agree with your comment that the scales can affect mood (and eating :eek:) for the rest of that day....when's your weigh in? xx

Yes feel calmer now although still not sleeping! :confused:. The only reason I know SW (and many many other diets) so well is because I've done them before. I did SW for several months about 6 years ago and have dipped in and out of it since then really but it hasn't worked for me. I find that now that I have less to lose it suits me better as I'm not in a rush. When I had quite a bit to lose I was so desperate that losing 1lb per week or less just didn't seem enough. Now losing 1lb a week would suit me just fine. Weigh-in is tomorrow morning (first thing).

Hi Alli,

I am glad that you explained what EE means. I really should look more at SW, but SB has worked so well for DH (and me in the past). He lost 3 pounds this week -- so, he now weighs 11st 9 (he is only 5'6") but that still means he has lost 35 pounds since January 2nd!

I'll weight tomorrow at my CDC's. I am hoping for my sad little 1 pound, but am expecting a STS.

MM

I loved SB when I did it and actually stuck with it for about 8 weeks losing about 1.5 stone. I lost my way as I was introducing foods back in to my diet and couldn't get back on track. Well done to your OH! You must both be so pleased! My DH needs to lose weight but can't quite find the motivation. Having said that he's lost a little bit of weight this week just by eating the same food as me in the evening so that's good.

I'm back from a flying visit to London with the kids. They desperately wanted to go to the London Dungeon and so off we went. As I suspected it was too scary for DD so we abandoned the idea half way through and went to Starbucks instead :rolleyes:.

I've just popped a lasagne in the oven - can't wait as I didn't have a proper lunch. Late breakfast and was just about to grab lunch when we decided to go (kids had cooked breakfast with DH for lunch) so had just a yogurt and a banana. Am starving now so will grab some fruit and have dinner early.

Weigh in tomorrow morning - really hope I lose at least 1lb. Having eaten out and also slipped up twice (although not really bad) I don't expect anything more than a pound but I can always dream ;)

Hi Alli,

At one pound a week -- I was only 10 pounds from my goal last week. So, it does eventually seem to make a difference. ;)

MM

Morning all,

Weigh in time this morning - 1lb off :)

It should have been more but I've eaten out and had a few slip ups so will have to be happy with that. This week I have no meals out planned and will try and keep to my syns every day. Hopefully that will mean a good loss next week. Still - it all adds up in the end.

Today I'm planning on eating:

B: Mullerlight, banana
S: Alpen Light (0.5HEB)
L: Lasagne (1.5), apple
S: Alpen Ligt (0.5HEB)
D: Sausages & Mash, green beans, carrots
S: Fruit, Chocolate mousse (3)

HEA is milk in coffee...

Happy Monday everyone!

Morning Alli,

Congrats on the pound off. Beck would say ANY loss is a CREDIT!!! And you are planning CREDIT!!! And, you are "typing to your diet coaches" CREDIT!!! You have certainly started your week well.

One pound is my standard loss, and I will happy to have it this week. I weighed yesterday at home and was a STS -- I am hoping my CDC's scales show a loss this morning.

I hope you have a good day at work.

MM

Morning Alli,

Congrats on the pound off. Beck would say ANY loss is a CREDIT!!! And you are planning CREDIT!!! And, you are "typing to your diet coaches" CREDIT!!! You have certainly started your week well.

One pound is my standard loss, and I will happy to have it this week. I weighed yesterday at home and was a STS -- I am hoping my CDC's scales show a loss this morning.

I hope you have a good day at work.

MM

Thanks MM!! Good Luck with your weigh-in! :)

Alli that's brilliant!! I know it isn't a huge drop, but it's a maintainable loss, so that's just great!! Well done you! :D So pleased!! (If the icons weren't so slow to load you'd have the pink and blue hug here!) xxx

Good Morning,

I had a good day yesterday which is unusual as I normally have a blip on weigh-in day. My food changed a bit from what I had planned as I forgot to get the sausages out of the freezer. Instead I had a giant bowl of pasta with chicken, veggies and philly cheese (2). I feel completely bloated this morning so probably overdid it on the pasta - I need to learn that it's OK to leave some...

Today's menu:

B: w/m toast with philly light (2)
S: Banana
L: couscous salad from M&S (2.5)
S: Mango or raspberries
D: Pasta, chicken and veg in pesto (2)
S: Yogurt

So lots of syns in my food today which is unusual as I try and keep my syns for treats. Will see how I manage without my daily chocolate fix...:)

My food changed a bit from what I had planned as I forgot to get the sausages out of the freezer.

Hi Alli,

I have one of those quick defrost trays (I think I got it from Kleeneze). It really does work. I try to check my "weekly menu" before I go to bed to move whatever I need from the freezer to the fridge, but I often do not remember to do this -- but this tray has "saved the day (ly menu)" a time or two.

I hope you have a good day. Your menu sounds delicious.

MM

So far I've stuck with my meal plan but dinner is a-changing! I gave the children the pasta and instead I'm having BNS risotto - yum one of my favourite meals!

I'm so pleased that I've managed to keep food optimising going for a second week (even if it is just day 2) as I haven't really managed to start a 2nd week on any diet these past few months. It hasn't even been hard. I do have to think about what to take to work with me when I'm in the office and it won't be easy when I go travelling but it's perfectly manageable! I'm enjoying eating yogurts as I don't normally think to have them and it's also nice to be able to eat pasta without weighing out a measly 60g portion.

Right - I need to get on with the cooking or I'll eat my own arm before it's ready! :)

Back