The big ship sails on the Alli Alli Oh...

That book is really good! I make loads of risottos, but before SW had never tried a butternut squash one. Have made it a number of times since. Nom!

Your fruit salad should be just right for breakfast tomorrow! Xx

That book is really good! I make loads of risottos, but before SW had never tried a butternut squash one. Have made it a number of times since. Nom!

Your fruit salad should be just right for breakfast tomorrow! Xx

Guess what I'm munching on at the moment :D

Morning!

Today I'm at a conference where lunch is served so it's going to be tricky to stick to plan exactly. I have some couscous with me and will sneakily dump some on the plate when no one's watching :p.

So today's menu will be something like this:

B: Fruit salad
S: coffee & Alpen Light
L: Couscous salad and maybe some of those chicken kebabs things popularly served as part of a buffet!
S: Alpen Light
D: Paella (sooner or later I WILL make it ;))

Got to run - hope you all have a good day!

Hi Alli,

Sounds like a good plan, and it'll make the conference more fun -- being sneaky and all! ;)

I hope you have a good day -- and TGIF.

MM

Happy Mothering Sunday, Alli.

Hi All,

So before I start let me just say that it is * week and on top of that following on from my weigh in this morning I must have lost at least 1-2 lbs through perfectly natural body functions....:sick0019:

So, having got my excuses in first - I put on 3lbs last week!!! :eek:

I know it wasn't last week that I put on 3lbs, it was yesterday - but that doesn't change the fact that when I had my official weigh in this morning I was a lot heavier than last time.

I might have been the few glasses of Prosecco I had early evening or it might be that late night pizza I, with a wine fuelled sense of wild abandon, devoured without a care in the world. I guess it could have been the ice cream that followed...:party0051:

Either way - I'm back on track and hoping that last week's haphazard way of eating is firmly behind me and it's free food all the way for me this week. I think one of the reason why I struggled last week is the fact that I can't get my head around free food. I have done SW enough times to know that it works if followed correctly but having followed some pretty strict diets in recent times I think this new freedom around food has gone to my head a bit. I now need to reel it in and remember that however flexible SW is it DOES still have rules and they must be followed. Chocolate is not free, however much I would like it to be!

On that note, I must get back to work. I will do better this week, I promise! :)

Aw Alli, we are all coming out in sympathy with you, I gained 3lbs and that was despite being fully functioning in the *ahem* toilet department I jumped on the scales convinced that I would probably see at least a 2lb loss :eek: but nah..............It threw me a bit and although Saturday was good food-wise, I had wine. Yesterday wasn't so good food-wise but didn't have alcohol, so all in all the weekend was a bit of a write-off and today hasn't gone much better either. Not prepared you see. No time at the weekend to shop, pre-cook, plan or anything.

It's not easy this slimming malarkey is it.......well, not for me anyway. :cry:Good luck with today and getting back onto it xx

Oh dear, don't be too hard on yourself;)
It's a new week and hope it goes well:D

So, having got my excuses in first - I put on 3lbs last week!!! :eek:

Oh no! I'm so sorry, that is very disappointing. It's amazing how just one night of wild abandon can set you back a bit. A couple of months ago I had one evening with tapas and champagne (and I thought I was being really good with my tapas choices!) and maintained that week. So disappointing when you've put so much work in the rest of the week. I'm sure next week will be better! Sticking to plan is the only way, though... it really does work! x

Aw Alli, we are all coming out in sympathy with you, I gained 3lbs and that was despite being fully functioning in the *ahem* toilet department I jumped on the scales convinced that I would probably see at least a 2lb loss :eek: but nah..............It threw me a bit and although Saturday was good food-wise, I had wine. Yesterday wasn't so good food-wise but didn't have alcohol, so all in all the weekend was a bit of a write-off and today hasn't gone much better either. Not prepared you see. No time at the weekend to shop, pre-cook, plan or anything.

It's not easy this slimming malarkey is it.......well, not for me anyway. :cry:Good luck with today and getting back onto it xx

:(
I really hope you manage to get back on track! Please don't be disheartened... it does work! x

Oh no! I'm so sorry, that is very disappointing. It's amazing how just one night of wild abandon can set you back a bit. A couple of months ago I had one evening with tapas and champagne (and I thought I was being really good with my tapas choices!) and maintained that week. So disappointing when you've put so much work in the rest of the week. I'm sure next week will be better! Sticking to plan is the only way, though... it really does work! x

:(
I really hope you manage to get back on track! Please don't be disheartened... it does work! x
Thanks honey. I think that because I have come from doing a VLCD I am gaining some water weight, I think the technical term is replenishing glycogen stores, whereas if I was coming down from a time of gluttony, then I would probably be showing a loss a lot sooner. My sensible head tells me that it will take a few weeks for my body to adjust to having food and that the scales aren't really reflecting what is going on but my silly head takes over and starts nagging me about what a failure I am/the diet is etc etc. I will keep plugging away though. Will go and do a nice shop after work and get lots of good food in. I will also make up some sugar-free jellies tonight, that is a life saver when you want something sweet and puddingy to eat.:D

Really do appreciate your comments and advice Little Sausage. Thanks. xx

Hi Alli,

I hope the rest of the week goes well and you a good loss next week. I weighed today and it was my usual little one pound off. But, I'll take it -- as I was not good with my water or fitness, and feel lucky to have had any loss.

MM

Hi LM - I'm not at all disheartened - If I had been 100% all week and not had my late night detour yesterday, then yes, I would have been gutted. As it stands I know exactly why the scales were up so have no choice but to accept the extra lbs gracefully and get on with getting rid of them again ;)

Looking back at my dieting history I have a pattern of good week - bad week - good week etc.

I don't know why that is, but will have to ponder how I manage this going forward. For now I'm back on track without a problem - am planning on cooking from my new cook books this week to keep it interesting so will hopefully not struggle too much!

EDIT: I've just realised that your comment was for Chels (note to self - stop being so self absorbed!:eek:) and not me...Chels - you are right in your post about the water weight - that's the ONLY reason you've put on weight this week, I'm sure. We'll see a nice loss next week, you mark my word ;)

Thanks everyone for your support!! :thankyou:

Last edited:
Good evening Ali ive found you.. im glad i have really as when im ready to try sw in June.. i know where to come for advice.!

i will be back to follow your progress good luck x

Good evening Ali ive found you.. im glad i have really as when im ready to try sw in June.. i know where to come for advice.!

i will be back to follow your progress good luck x

Oh no Shanny - today is not a good day to find me :D. Hopefully by June I've got into the swing of things!

So food today:

B: Apple (still uncomfortably full from last night's party)
S: Alpen Light
L: Leftover Paella (1syn)
S: Yogurt, clementine, Alpen Light
D: Spag Bols, grapes
S: Small glass of Prosecco (4syns)

I'm not planning on having anything else but if I do it will be fruit or yogurt...no more syns today. I will try to keep my syns to around 5 per day this week but will go higher if I need to.

Leftover Paella (1syn)

You finally made the Paella! lol I bought the avocados for the Cob Salad... so that will be tomorrow's dinner (finally). ;)

MM

You finally made the Paella! lol I bought the avocados for the Cob Salad... so that will be tomorrow's dinner (finally). ;)

MM

Yes - I was all talk and no action for a while, wasn't I ;). Still it got made and it was lovely!!

Morning Diary!

Yesterday was a great day despite weighing in 3lbs heavier than last week. I stuck religiously to plan and when I had a sneaky peek (before putting the scales away until next week) this morning I had lost 2 of the 3lbs I put on so it's all good.

I'm feeling very bloated this morning (TOTM) so will leave breakfast until a little later...

Today's menu:

B: Poached egg, w/m bread (HEB)
S: Fruit
L: Couscous salad with prawns
S: Fruit, yogurt
D: Spag Bols

HEA is milk for my coffee and maybe a teeny sprinkle on the bolognese.

I'm not sure yet about syns...I might go and buy a Dime bar which I think is 7.5 syns so slightly higher than the planned 5 syns per day but still OK.

I'm travelling for work today (Brum) so will have lots of train time - always a danger. I have picked up a bunch of grapes from M&S so will munch on them - hopefully that will do.

Have a great day everyone!!

Morning Alli,

Your planning is very Beck-ish!

Loads of this to you for planning and get back at it! Even being prepared for the train journey! Yay!

MM

Morning Diary,

I have a very busy day ahead of me so will post and run.
Yesterday went well and when I weighed myself this morning I was back at last week's weight - which is great news.

Now I'm going to try and leave the scales alone until Monday and see if I can manage a loss! :)

Today's menu:
B: Yogurt, Fruit
S: Fibre + bar
L: Couscous salad with Butternut Squash (2.5)
S: Grapes
D: BNS risotto (do you notice a theme?)
S: Not sure - something HEB, maybe dried apricots.
Oh and a G&T as I'm meeting a friend for a drink tonight! - no idea how many syns that is (off to check).

HEA is milk

Hope you have a lovely day - it's nice and warm outside so will hopefully be a a nice spring day today!

Hi Alli,

You have done a wonderful job planning your menu. I hope you have a wonderful day at work and an easy reast of week.

Beck Credit for good planning:

c.gif
r.gif
e.gif
d.gif
i.gif
t.gif

glitter text generator by GlitX.com

MM

Morning Diary,

I have a very busy day ahead of me so will post and run.
Yesterday went well and when I weighed myself this morning I was back at last week's weight - which is great news.

Now I'm going to try and leave the scales alone until Monday and see if I can manage a loss! :)

Today's menu:
B: Yogurt, Fruit
S: Fibre + bar
L: Couscous salad with Butternut Squash (2.5)
S: Grapes
D: BNS risotto (do you notice a theme?)
S: Not sure - something HEB, maybe dried apricots.
Oh and a G&T as I'm meeting a friend for a drink tonight! - no idea how many syns that is (off to check).

HEA is milk

Hope you have a lovely day - it's nice and warm outside so will hopefully be a a nice spring day today!

That's great Alli! Well done!! So pleased for you (and encouraged!).x

Hi Alli,

Hope your day has been a good one and that you are sticking to the fab food plan you have set out for the day.

xx

Back