The Body Magic Team (formerly exercise bike challenge)

Hubby's put a bag in the garage, god I'm so useless I can't even think what you call them!

Anyway the sausage heavy type thing is hanging in the garage but I don't know what to do with it?

Any advise???

Hit it haha!

30 sec intervals of Jabs, hooks then id say uppercuts but theyd not really work on the bag you have so just shadowbox for them? Also bodyshots. You could also do 30secs minijabs as fast as you can. Mix in some bodyweight exercises into the circuit like squats etc to make it longer :)

Well we worked biceps and back yesterday with free weights and I can't half feel it today! Just cardio at the gym today I think lol. Chest and triceps tomorrow!

Thanks for the advice!!!

I must you tube it and see what they mean though ;-)

I failed miserably at sticking to SW last week, I did it for 5 days straight, felt fab and then my scales broke just in time for yesterdays weigh in! Of corse that was enough amo for me to stuff my face with a pasty and a cherry bakewell during a walk!! DO!!!!

Id say id been working hard.. But i havent.. Ive just been doing my nails!

Ok both I need some help.....

I'm running on a paragon horizon (if that helps at all) and i'm confused with what i'm actually achieving on it.

I'm running non stop, not sprinting but a good pace i'd say, obviously its different to outdoors but still, I need to know if i'm not really doing as much as I think I'm doing!!!

My treadmill has pre set speeds in Km's and in miles on the screen.

I tend to run using the speed + and - button and usually run at a pace of 4.5/5.5. At the end of 30 mins (on Incline 1!!!!) my screen shows the following -

308 cals/10 laps/2.38 on one of the screens and 30mins/Incline1 on the other.

I'm proper sweating after it and since Dan made me work harder ;-) on Incline 1 i'm sometimes gritting my teeth its that hard so my question is this.......

Am I running 2.38 miles or a measly 2.38 km's????? I'm still not overly impressed with 2.38miles but if it was km's, well thats just awful!

Help?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited:
Miles I think. Running around 5mph average, so in half hour you'd run 2.5miles. Aim to make that 3 miles, then you've done a 5km race :)

Just for the record, 2.38 miles non stop is good! How many people do you know could do even half of that? Not many!

If you want to increase distance, lower your speed and jog for longer. Invrease distance by about 10% each week. In an ideal world, if you run 4 times a week, two of those runs would be at your quicker pace for those 2.38 miles, and two longer slower jogs

Thanks for that, and your right, its pretty good considering i've had a massive break!!

So tell me, I remember reading your post about going (or not) to judo or something similar, and look at you now!! Tell me what happened to get you to where you are now??? I also saw you post in slim fast I think? Tell me that didn't last long??!!

Lol no slim fast was poo. No clubs or diets for me now! Just healthy lifestyle :)

I lost 1lbs this week. I want ro be under 100kg and with that loss I am now EXACTLY 100kg. Grrrrrr! So close!

Going to aim for 5km's tonight on the treadmill!!! Need to get 30mins out of my head as time to finish and aim for a distance instead!!!

Wish me luck!!!!

Did it....It hurt sooo bad, I fought some major demons but I got to the end in 38.58.

I now have a time to beat and hope to do so real soon!!!!

Wooooo! Well done! It doesn't sound like much but 5km is a long way! Most of the population couldn't do 1km!! Me and widow did a 5k earlier in the year. Was great fun!

I walked most of it - it was a freak hot day!!

Well done on your 5km - i am a 1k runner haha - generally power walk most things! :) 10k next? X

Ah yes I remember you doing the 5k, shortly after that you both told me off for running 3.2 miles in 36minutes remember?? ;-)

I'd love to get to 10k, it seems a long way off but never say never and all that!

A lot of my problem is self doubt, I got to 15 mins tonight and started arguing with myself, my head wanted to quit and do the rest tomorrow but my heart and willpower wanted to reach the end do badly!!

Well done :D xxx

Back