The Body Magic Team (formerly exercise bike challenge)

Sorry you're gutted :( I know its hard to think the whole 'a loss is a loss' but just put it behind you and have a cracking week :) lots of body magic!!

No Ange, kettlebellwill be consistent and maintained :)

I'm gonna do some bike and bell before my lesson. And my aunt who lives down the road is getting a treadmill. I will clearly be using it more than her!

Yes Sir

I am trying to talk my son into getting a treadmill so i can use it too.

No exercise today

Lucy go put 450g sugar / flour in a bag (double bag it) and put it in your handbag. Go carry it around for the next week and see what a difference 'only a half' is.

You're doing really well hun - if youve only lost a half its because you're gaining muscle mass, and i know you want the numbers but in the long run, muscle mass is better than having that weight in fat :) dont give up hun! xxx

Aesir, im swimming tomorrow but i'm back at the gym friday but undecided whether im running or cycling, but if im cycling i'll give it my best shot to get anywhere near the 24min mark! xx

Lucy go put 450g sugar / flour in a bag (double bag it) and put it in your handbag. Go carry it around for the next week and see what a difference 'only a half' is.

You're doing really well hun - if youve only lost a half its because you're gaining muscle mass, and i know you want the numbers but in the long run, muscle mass is better than having that weight in fat :) dont give up hun! xxx

Aesir, im swimming tomorrow but i'm back at the gym friday but undecided whether im running or cycling, but if im cycling i'll give it my best shot to get anywhere near the 24min mark! xx

Hi Guys, thanks for all your support - I feel much more positive today, decided to tweek the plan a little this week so I'm going to do 2 things:

Drink more water
Eat more superfree foods!!:D

I've had such a busy week and tonight I shall be doing the housework in preperation for tomorrows viewing and tomorrow's my heart scan so I will try to do some bike after it all if I can!

Aesir - Your a beast man!!! :D

The water thing works!! My eating last week was pretty bad but I drank looooaaads of water and lost 3.5lbs. Water all the way!!!

/what time did I have to beat on the bike?

I did 15l in exactly 23 mins tonight woohoo and took a picture but not sure how to load it
:confused:

does anyone know what a hot sensation (no pain) might mean in the top of my calf?

i've googled it and loads of people have said clot.. please someone tell me i've just strained a muscle?? :(

does anyone know what a hot sensation (no pain) might mean in the top of my calf?

i've googled it and loads of people have said clot.. please someone tell me i've just strained a muscle?? :(

I'm no expert but I would think that you have overworked your muscles. I have had a similar feeling in my legs a few months back but I did get pain with it too,
Do you have an emergency tel number for out of hours doctor? I would maybe give them a call just to be on the safe side and especially if it doesn't ease soon or gets worse.
Hope it gets better soon

Yaaaay well done Ange you've totally crushed my time! Dunno if I can beat 23 minutes, might be a bit too ambitious!

Black, I'm sure you'll be fine. I thought clots hurt as well?

im okay :p went to walk in and nurse said its muscular and probably some form of sprain as i dont really have pain, just this weird hot feeling. She said to take it easy, keep an eye and if i get pain or swelling to head straight back to docs.

So I missed my usual swim time but i still got a half mile in :D woohoo! x

im okay :p went to walk in and nurse said its muscular and probably some form of sprain as i dont really have pain, just this weird hot feeling. She said to take it easy, keep an eye and if i get pain or swelling to head straight back to docs.

So I missed my usual swim time but i still got a half mile in :D woohoo! x

Sorry to hear your feeling a bit sore! Glad its all ok though and that you went to get it checked out. :)

Sooo busy this morning, gotta clean the house before the impending viewer - if she doesn't come I think i'll scream!:mad:

Then its off to hosp which i'm getting sort of nervous abut ut also a bit excited that it could be sorted any day now. We watched paranormal activity 2 last night and I jumped in this one part and it really made my heart sort of jump, never felt that feeling before.

Oh and one last thing before I go dust.....
Is it just me of does Ange seriously need a new Avatar, unless of corse your waiting for next Crimbo Ange??? ;)

Good luck today Lucy

Got a trip out today to visit one of my sisters who is in hospital there. Its gong to be hard as she really isn't well.

I cannot believe that I never changed my avatar, will have a go at changing it now:p.

Morning All!!

Feeling very positive after the scan and trace yesterday, have to say I found the whole thing amazing seeing my heart in all its glory. It was very thorough and it took about 40mins. The nurse did ask the doctor to come in to look at my septum (sp?) and he said there and then "Oh I see your getting some extra beats there" and I could feel them, well i'd been having them all day in fact and so it was just nice to know i'm not making it up!

I decided that it can't be anything serious otherwise they would of kept me in!:cool:

So hubby and I had a lovely evening - I just needed a night off from it all and so I did go off plan and I enjoyed every second of it! Back on plan today and i'm hoping to exercise to limit the damage.

You guys are amazing with your times - It just goes to show that weight doesn't show how 'fit' you are. I think i'm right in saying I have the lowest bmi out of us but look at your times!!! :eek:

Anyway I hope I haven't offended, I merely mean you guys are ace - My time this morning - 25.20 secs.

At least I beat my own time!!!:D

Have a lovely day - Hoping to go for our 45min walk later and the kettles are calling too!!!!

I'm so pleased that you are ok Lucy and your mind has been put at rest. You really did deserve a treat last night as I know it's horrible not knowing and waiting all that time to be seen.

I think we have all improved an awful lot with our exercise bike and I totally agree with you on the size thing as I know that I am a lot fitter than a lot of people that I now and they don't to lose weight, oh and the age thing as I take it I am by far the oldest (god i hate admitting that),
I think that as long as we keep it up, we can only get better, oh and fitter of course. I think that I have the fastest time so far and am am sure one of the other guys will beat me soon enough, but I think that I have strong legs from all the exercise that I used to do when I really was fit.
Now if you decided to do another type of challenge ie the kettlelbell then I would be trailing behind all of you for a very long time.

Time for shopping soon so hope to get some exercise in later.
Have a nice day all.

Oh Lucy, how did the viewing go?

glad to hear the trace went well Lucy and you defo deserved a night off after something as big as that! greatest thing is though that you've cut it to a night off and not a whole weekend etc :)

Ange, i totally agree with the fitness thing - I go to school gym with a work colleague who is over 2 stone lighter than I am, but she cant keep up with me on the bike or the treadmill or anything else for that matter! Makes me feel a lot more positive about exercising I have to say :D (that and a load of my tutor group piled in to get water from the fountain one night - they were at football in the sports hall - and I was pedalling away no problem and my colleague was sat on her phone as she'd given up :p ..next day I got a comment from one kid saying he thought it was cool that I thought exercising was important :D)

Back