the change in me, my diary by louisa26

Day 2: 20/08/06

Writing this the day after so i could reflect more on the day yesterday

wasnt as good i'm afraid.

i ate a chicken salad (plain chicken, lettuce and cucumber however NO lashing of mayo like i would normally!!) i felt awful after and such a failure, altho i say this it made me more determined to do it and stick to it cause i actually felt sick after eating it!!

you all made it clear i shouldnt worry we all have days like it and i am still getting use to ss and its not like it was a takeaway or chocolate and to get up dust down and get back in it.

i didnt do too well on my shakes either, only had half a pack in the morning!! and NOTHING else apart from 2 pints of water - neither was intentional it just we were out most of the day
i had all intentions of having some soup and had made a jelly altho its still not set on day 3 so maybe put too much water in it! but got too tired so just went to bed

god what a bad day now i look back....

but tomorrow is another day so bring on day 3!!

Last edited:
Day 2 - morning report

How hungry did i feel when i woke up!

i felt sick and starving my stomach ached so bad!! i am going to start taking a bottle of water to bed i think then if i wake up with this pains i can drink it

ok so the shake this morning was fruit of the forest and i used 16oz instead of 8 and only half a pack and added some ice to make it more chilled! and it has gone down alot better!! YAY!

i also went round to my cdc yesterday and got some berry water flavouring so now i can make the jelly which i love!!! and wont feel deprived!

Day 2:

Writing this the day after so i could reflect more on the day yesterday

wasnt as good i'm afraid.

i ate a chicken salad (plain chicken, lettuce and cucumber however NO lashing of mayo like i would normally!!) i felt awful after and such a failure, altho i say this it made me more determined to do it and stick to it cause i actually felt sick after eating it!!

you all made it clear i shouldnt worry we all have days like it and i am still getting use to ss and its not like it was a takeaway or chocolate and to get up dust down and get back in it.

i didnt do too well on my shakes either, only had half a pack in the morning!! and NOTHING else apart from 2 pints of water - neither was intentional it just we were out most of the day
i had all intentions of having some soup and had made a jelly altho its still not set on day 3 so maybe put too much water in it! but got too tired so just went to bed

god what a bad day now i look back....

but tomorrow is another day so bring on day 3!!

Hi louise,

My stomach felt like that for the first week or so and it was a strange feeling and drinking water did help.

I felt like it was the first time my stomach had actually worked propperly in years.

My husband would run his hand over my stomach every morning when I woke up to see how much it was coming down as it does very quickly.

The moring he found my hip bones he had me in a panci as he said "What's that lump"! it had been years since he felt my hip bones and so he had forgotten what they were:(

I hope today has gone well for you:confused:

Love Mini xxx

Hi louisa 26,how u doing,listen hun what is done is done and you cant change that,so there is no point in feeling down,but what you can do is maybe try and plan ahead if you are going to be out at the times you will have a pack and take a tetra with you,it is always usefull to have one in your bag so you dont get caught out and resort to eating.
Have you tried any of the reciepes for the packs,there are many things u can make for instance,muffins,chocky bars,mousse and crisps as well as other things,many people find it hard in the begining to get used to the packs,when i was on cd i had alot of tetras,as i prefered the taste of them.
Day 3 for you tomorrow i hope you have a better day,keep smiling,take care,luv Roch xxx

Day 3: 21/08/06

a much better i am glad to say!

woke up at 5 got ready chose my 'meals' to take to work and off i went.

i had made a plan of water till my break at 9.45, banana bliss for break,soup at lunch which was at the stupid hr of 11.15 and everyone was saying how nice it smelt, hot choc mint for afternoon which was thrown away as i could mix it properly at work so was disgusting and my plan was soup and jelly for tea but as i didnt fancy my soup i had a frozen banana bliss with the jelly, like jelly and ice cream yum yum

i also had 4 pints (2L) of water in the day which isnt bad as its the min req on cd but nothing great either so will try harder with that tomorrow!

more thoughts and cravings as norm and went to asda on my own and didnt get any thing edible!!!

otherwise a happy day

Last edited:
Morning louisa,

Well done in not giving into the cravings:D

I have been pratising that myself and feeling good that I am still on track.

Your water intake will come up and as you say you are drinking the least amount which is vital as it helps.

You should go into ketosis either today or tomorrow and that will help big time.

Hope you have another good day.

Love Mini xxx

day 4: 22/08/06
got to work at 7 and had my instant shake, had hunger pangs again like u wouldnt believe so knew my ketosis hasnt kicked in yet.

had a veg soup for lunch which was again looooooovely starting to love these soups!!! and that was that until about 5 when i had a mushroom soup which was lovely as well!!!

altho my main aim was for more water today i didnt actually keep that up
icon_frown.gif
so will try again tomorrow.

other than that not a bad day.

had my hair cut and dyed it once my hairdresser left so a bit of a new appearance for me :D

Last edited:
day 5: 23/08/06 morning

think my ketosis has kicked in YIPPEEEEEEE

i have woken up without my usual hunger pangs so will try and hold out for my banana bliss till 9ish on my break at work!

midday
forgot to take my shake at 9ish so had it about 10
lunch at work was again stupid hr of 11.45 so had a veg soup.

i rang my cdc yesterday to arrange to go round and change the majority of my shake powders for either instants or soups. so going today after work.

i dont like the spicy tomato soup so that will def be going, luckily i like all the others but havent tried the tai.

so it looks like this diet is going to be a soup and jelly diet lol

as long as i enjoy it and get a variation i dont mind. i might even bring jelly tomorrow for my lunch!

need to move on my water its still only standing at 3-5 pints at the moment and altho i know thats the min i want to drink more!

does anyone know how much flavouring u should actually drink in a day as i dont like plain water, tea or coffee so having to have the flavourings

afternoon - evening

well! HELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO ALLLLLLLLL :D

YES i am VERY VERY HAPPY!!

popped to my councillor today and she weighed me!!!

11lbs lost!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO

had soup and jelly for tea yum and not hungry!

and i wasnt going to but i did - i told my mum i was on cd and had got weighed and she is very proud of me, but we're not telling my dad or my sister or bro in law as we want them to notice for themselves!
she even said she woke up this morning wondering if i was on a diet how spooky is that!!!

Last edited:
Oh wow Louisa, You're really flying now - 11lbs and not even a full week yet - brilliant :D What a great incentive to keep going, well done :p

Cant wait to see Saturdays results, what a boost that must be! Don't forget to do your measurements and take photos, I can see a difference in just three weeks!

Hi louisa,

I only told my husband, son and close friend and no one else as I just did not want to fail and for ones to be rolling eyes up at me again!:rolleyes:

So when it was becoming obvious I told my sister and as time went on people started asking me what I was doing. So I think your right keeping to just a few at the start.

Well done on your 11lbs. off that is fantastic!!!

You must be over the moon with that!!!

Are you happy with your new hair do and colour???

I got mine done again today, just a little more blonde and husband thought it looked the same:mad:

Suppose though that was a good sign.

Now heres to another powerful week ahead of you.

Love Mini xxx

Have to say a big thanks to you for saying you have soup and jelly after - i tried it today and felt like i'd had a huge meal!!

I love the soups but have a sweet tooth so always craved something sweet afterward. Now i just have my jelly after and everything is sorted!!!

Day 6: 24/08/06

Today all i have wanted is food!! kept thinking of my favourite meals, especially chicken fajitas or mash and gravy! with brocolli for some reason yum!! and kept thinking if i just have 1 meal a WEEK it will be something to look forward to etc etc

but NO i pushed it away and when andy (my fiance) was having his evening meal i had a bowl of soup and a bowl of jelly!

had my banana bliss in the morning, soup for lunch and soup for tea with the jelly so did well!!

not very good on the water front I did so well with it last week so not sure why i just cant drink at least 4 pint this week every day seems to say i will do better!!

after all the flushing out of my body my lovely monthlies have start too so i will probably weigh in at the 11 lbs i have already lost with water rentention

AHHHH bloody things!

Last edited:
day 7: 25/08/06

well here we are day 7 i made it!!!!

(apart from the blip on day 2! but thats all i am thinking it of a blip and it has past!!)

so here we are tomorrow morning at 9.30 i will be getting weighed after 1 whole week on on the cambridge diet i cant believe it!

work was nasty to me today as they brought in a HUGE cake, pastries and ordered pizza for god sake to celebrate the end of one of the departments closing
but i just got my mug and soup powder and walked down the other end of the building and topped up with boiling water! that to me is an achievement in itself, if u had to sit here and smell the smells i can smell right now it would be killing u!

andy was very supportive and said i was doing really well and it would be a shame if i gave in now! i think thats the best supportive comment he has made since i have know him for the last 2yrs lol as he doesnt usually show his support in words! and i love him for it!!!

i was a bit worried on the amount of water i have been drinking each day so today i have made a real effort and have had 3 pints before lunch.

my new aim for next week is 2 pints before lunch, 2 pints before tea and 1-2 pints after tea! and then maybe the week after will aim for 3!

Last edited:
Hi Louisa,

Just had to pop in and wish you good luck for tomorrows weigh in!

Water is crucial to this diet and for our good health. Your body and skin will thank you for making the effort.

Well done on resisting temptation, you will get stronger each time...

Nice to have a supportive partner is does mean a lot.

I think you get more support as time goes on when people see you are actually doing something and that you mean it this time, not to say that if you have tried before that you did not...but this is how it can be perceived by those who don't understand how difficult the journey is when you have so much to lose like some of us.

Well done.

Love Mini xxx

Cant wait to see how you've done at your weigh in tomorrow.
You have done great resisting temptation. I dont know how i'd have coped with pizza and cream cakes!!!!! Well done you.:)

Day 8: 26/08/06

Well here we are a brand new week!!

I have just got back from my weigh in and i just can not believe the results!!

i have lost 17lbs!! in my 1st week! i KNOW for a fact no other diet in the world could of helped me loose this much in 1 week!! My future is looking so much more promising!
My CDC said they are looking for cdc's in Milton Keynes so i will certainly be aiming for it! Got a way to go yet tho!

Continued next day.....

well much to my excitement of the morning i think loosing the 17lbs went to my head! cause i ate chicken fajitas last night!
i wrote a couple of confession posts but in them i explain i wasnt guilty was just more in forcus to today!

otherwise the day went well!
drank 4 pints of water so will try for 5 today!

Last edited:
17lbs!!! Congratulations and Well Done!!!

Hi Louisa,

Wow!!!

That is brill and mega congratulations on 17lb. weight loss.

What a fantastic start for you and this will most certainly keep you going for the week to come.

So happy for you Louisa:D :D :D

Love Mini xxx

Back