The Check-in Point

I guess so, what are the points on the Doritos? I bet you have. Good going though, I think it's great that you worked it off, you could easily have just said 'oh well, it's a bad day's. You do need a book!

Well done smirky hun, 8lbs is fab! :D

I'm doing okay, I had to work all day at home today. I did fancy some crisps with my lunch, but I really didn't enjoy them. Still mostly only doing fruit or veg between meals. I'm enjoying my meals loads too.

It came to 7.5pts for the Doritos. I know I wasn't doing medium intensity cuz I was really out of breath. If the majority are off then that's better than nothing. I still feel bad for doing it, but I'm trying to be proactive. This week has only just begun, I haven't failed myself yet!

You're doing so well now, Hules! If you're not enjoying crisps now that's a major breakthrough! I don't really enjoy that stuff now, so I don't know why I did it. Is the maca powder smoothie still working for you? I'm thinking of getting some to boost myself.

Smirky, sorry I missed your post. 8lbs is fantastic. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Still absolutely loving the smoothies. I dunno if the Maca powder actually does anything or not, but I actually really like the taste so I'm going to stick with it. Got on the scales for a sneeky peek and it looks good. Fingers crossed for 1lb+ (though 2.5 for the challenge is a bit of an ask now I think).

I had an ache in my jaw last night and it looks like I've cracked a tooth (another!!*sigh*) - bloomin' teeth! Off to the dentist at 12.

Hey, Hules, how was dentist? I can't stand the dentist, I'm such a fraidy cat! You've still done really well this month though, and you've got your plan sorted to how it works for you, so it's all a bonus!

I spoke to my friend today about the diet things, and she said it was probably a stretch to lose 5st, and that she'd be happy to lose even just a stone. I told her I was going for 3st, and that it was really doable if you stick to it, since it's 2lbs per week. So she was getting well on it, and so I was happy that A. She's not doing anything silly, and B. I won't feel in competition! She's cutting out carbs though, well potato, rice, and bread. All veggie food has carbs in it, but she eats fish too, so she's living off protein and salads/veg. She has an advantage over me! I don't think I could cut them out completely, although there are so many studies that show if you cut out carbs your body will start to burn stored fat as energy instead of the sugar you get from carbs. I eat carbs at every meal though!

Good news about your friend. I wouldn't want to do without my carbs either. I honestly think it should be everything in moderation! Dentist was pah! I've managed to crack a big chunk of tooth that although hasn't fallen out, is no longer attached to my molar. It's very annoying and due to me grinding my teeth (or rather clamping) in my sleep. Anyway, the dentist says that I've got to have a splint (a bit like a gum-shield) to wear at night unless I want them all to do it. He reckons the tooth I lost last year was down to that...and my migraines too! Anyway, more money....

*knocks* can i come back in please?

I couldnt get back into it at all at the new year. Too much xmas temptation around. Thing is i've not booked my summer hols for 12th July so need to get the weight off for fitting in the plane seats etc. I REALLY need to do this but im terrified i'll muck it up again. :(

You never left us, loser! We've all been there, and we're all here to support you. I personally would need a dozen hands if I were to count the times I'd given up! Now it's all over and you've got your holiday, you really need to work at it. We're all in the same boat!

Hules, that's naff! I clamp my teeth all the time. I probably should stop if that's likely to happen to me too!

So how has everyone got on today? Did you weigh in, Hules? I've got mine tomorrow, but I think I'll be hard pushed for anything better than STS. It'll come off in time though, I'll stick at it! I was looking at myself in the mirror today and I really don't think I look smaller, but my beau says my bum has got 'tiny', so he's probably seeing something I'm not!

I bought this crazy stuff last night. It's called Peanut Hottie, and it's supposed to be hot peanut butter flavour. It didn't particularly taste of peanut, more sugar, but it wasn't unpleasant. Kind of like Ovaltine but less malty, more glucosey, tea-y. I had it in a large-ish mug though, so maybe I'll use a small one tomorrow and see how it goes. It was 1.5pts though, so it didn't break the bank either! It made a change to hot chocolate too.

Well I got myself down to 14st 0.8lbs, so I'm confident I can get to the 13s next week. It's quite exciting!

That's really brilliant! You'll be in the 13s for sure next week!
I don't know what happened. Well yesterday I managed to get showered, dressed and have breakfast before I remembered I should have weighed in. Weighed in this morning and I've stayed the same. Hmmm. Anyway, I've been for a run this morning which is am achievement in itself. And actually 'feel' thinner so I'm not going to worry. Feel a bit gutted though..
Onward...

An STS is better than gaining, whatever way you look at it! At least you've stayed positive and went for a run! I need to get more active too. I'm out tonight but I won't be drinking cuz I'm too skint. Hopefully I can get through the weekend without bingeing, cuz I hate spending the week making up for it! On Sunday I'm off to the pub with my sister, but we'll keep to Pepsi max anyway cuz her little'un will be there too. I always end up on the right points by the end of the week, but it's nice to be able to have a hot chocolate in the evening.

I guess so, what are the points on the Doritos? I bet you have. Good going though, I think it's great that you worked it off, you could easily have just said 'oh well, it's a bad day's. You do need a book! Well done smirky hun, 8lbs is fab! :D I'm doing okay, I had to work all day at home today. I did fancy some crisps with my lunch, but I really didn't enjoy them. Still mostly only doing fruit or veg between meals. I'm enjoying my meals loads too.
Thank you! With a 5month old its hard to get on here all the time but this week another 2lbs off so thats 10lbs in a month :) well happy hope everyone is doing well good luck ladies and gents we can do it xx

Morning, well its day 2 of being back on old points and it feels so comforting to be back with something I know so well.Did feel a little hungry at bedtime but had a cup of decaf green tea and feel great this morning.Hope everyone else is having a positive time :) x

7 & 1/2 points and lovely :)

ForumRunner_20140202_122814.png

Not sure why pic not showing but it was battered haddock (4.5), cauliflower cheese (3) and runner beans (0)

Last edited:
It's great you're getting into it easily, honeybee! That's what I love about WW, that you can eat battered and cheesey stuff and it's ok!

I had a good weekend. Accidentally went over by three points, but I can make that up easily. It's usually about ten points I go over!

This what's great about we you can always pull it back when you go over,I always go over on a Friday night but all I do is change potatoes for roasted or mashed butternut squash and that gets me back on points track :)

3 1/2 points for lunch :)

ForumRunner_20140203_125852.png

Cherry tomatoes,cucumber,4 seafood sticks (1),3 snack a jacks (1.5),raw carrot,extra light Mayo (0.5) & Kerry low low ((0.5)

Last edited:
That salad looked pretty nice! I'm having a mint and feta salad today. Supposed to have peas with it, but I only have a tiny freezer box and it's full of quorn stuff!

So how is everyone getting on? I feel all bloated and horrible, so I'm not feeling a mid-week weigh. I'm scared of what it'll say! I'm staying in my points, so I'm not worried on that front, it's just not nice seeing the weight still there.

I weigh on fridays so today is what I call my 'fat day' always feel fat on a Tuesday.not worried about friday as ive been very good and stayed with in my points.Hope you all have a good ww day today :) x

I did eat dinner at about half ten last night, so I probably woke up bloated cuz of that. I probably shouldn't have been lazy and made soup in the day to heat up when I got home from work!

Back