The Diary and Ramblings of WINTER. [Please read 1st post!]

I dont know what it is about me, its like ive started eating lower cal foods. And i mean, theres alot of it. I eat quite alot, become full and have only had like 800 cals during the day. I recently added bread to my diet again, i dont count cups of tea and glasses of milk in my cal counting. I have little bits of other peoples food. I have lots of veg and fruit when we have it at home. It seems with the food that im eating its just not adding to cals..

There isnt very much "diet wise" food that i like. So i stick to stir fry, veg..ww frozen meals. Even then it hardly touches 1000 cals..

I'll try doing what you said..

x

[Yesterday now]

B -
1 slice of toast - 48cals.
2 Quorn sausages - 120cals.

L -
WW frozen meal - 220cals.
Onion - 38cals.

D -
Pak Choi - 60cals.
Mushrooms - 35cals.

S -
Strawberries and a ww yogurt - 150cals.

TOTAL - 791cals.

Are you vegetarian? You need more beans and protein like cheese or tofu. For a veggie its even harder to get all your vitamins and minerals as you get a lot from meat. I'm not a veggie so it's harder to advise on a balanced veggie diet.

A healthy veggie diet should have you losing weight no probs. Maybe ask around and find a veggie who can help.

Long term eating below 1200 is going to cause problems for you. There are ways to eat more calories without adding crap in...by adding things like beans, pulses, eggs and cheese.

Im more or less a veggie yeah, i mean i do eat meat but its not very often anymore.

Yesterday i had a good day. [: Ate healthyish food while i was out. [:

Yesterdays meals;

3 slices of toast and a cup a soup.

1 jacket potato with coleslaw.

Side salad and brown bread x 2 slices.

I dont know what the cal intake was for that. But im sure its over 1000. [:

Ive decided to just free up a little, aslong as i dont have over 1300 a day, im happy. Im not going to have anything less then 800 either. So, its going to just be a happy medium. When i lost weigt before on a very low cal diet i kept it off during the time i was maintaining. And then i was eating more or less normally. So, i think if i can get to 11 stone, keep the weight off during the weeks im maintaining i should be doing alright for my body. I never intend to go back to my old eating habits anyway, im thinking of going fully veggie and having a healthy active life. Again, thats something that i never had before. When i am able to start being active [healing a broken ankle currently, unable to walk or do much activity] im going to up my cal intake a hell of alot. Me and the bf are rock climbers, are going to start hiking when the weather is better so i'll be burning alot. That should make eating easier for me. I think with my cal intake im over compensating for doing like, nothing all day.

x

Last edited:
B -
3 Slices of toast - 144cals.

L -
Chicken, Mash and veg - 300cals.

D -
Stir fry - 100cals.
Veg - 31cals.

Snack -
3 Quorn sausages & some mushrooms - 215

TOTAL - 790

B -
All bran - 200cals.

L -
Veggie sausage sandwich - 220cals.
Strawberries - 30cals.

D -
WW frozen meal - 220.
Stiry fry - 100cals.
Veg - 31cals.

TOTAL - 801.

x

Wow I'd be starving and feeling rather ill eating such low calories a day. You need to be eating between 1200 - 1400 otherwise your body will think it's being starved :(

I dont feel tired, i usually feel quite the opposite actually.
There have been no changes to my health, and my energy levels are still the same as ever. No headaches, no dizziness, no signs of low blood sugar and blood pressure is fine.
Low cals seem to work for me. Everything seems to work the same as it did before i started dieting.
All is well. [:

x

B -
2 slices of toast - 96cals.
Hoops in tomato sauce - 114cals.
5 Malteasers - 50cals.

L -
2 Onions - 76cals.
1/4 Quorn burger - 25cals.

D -
All Bran - 200cals.

TOTAL SO FAR- 681

Going to have a Quorn burger, a veg portion and some gravy in a while. Should add atlease 100cals to the total.

As everyone can see, its not like i dont eat. I eat the same amount as any other person, just in low cal form. I feel fine, IF my heath starts being effected i'll up to 1,200 a day. But ive been doing this almost 3 months now. And i feel awesome, no complaints at all. I know everyone is trying to help, and i appreciate that. I just cant seem to eat over this amount and lose weight. Believe me, ive tried. I do ZERO fitness wise, due to healing ankle. Thats why i cant eat over this amount and still be able to lose weight.

x

x

The problem is that you don't know what this level of calories is doing to you internally. It is impossible to cover all your vitamin and mineral needs under 1200 cals so you are definitely not giving your body all it needs.

Long term the damage could be severe. If you are putting being thinner over your health then you are in danger of developing an eating disorder.

Well, im putting in mind that i dont count my milk&sugar intake [tea wise]. And im not counting the bits and bobs i eat. For example a couple of malteasers/bites of bfs food ect.
Im probably having over the 800 or whatever cals im taking in from actual meals but dont bother bother counting that cause its not part of meals..
I guess i should put that in my first post.

x

Made an edit to my first post!! [:

Readdddd.

x

RIGHT.

nothing lower than 900 cals anymore.

I need to listen to people that know what they're talking about. I want to do this properly.

How i got fat in the first place with how strict i am with food and cals atm is beyond me.

I need to start going at this a different way.

OVER 900/1000 aday plus a exercise.

Thats my new plan.

Im gunna stick to it now.

x

B -
Veggie burger - 70cals.
Veggie sausage - 60cals.
Salad - 20cals.

L -
Veggie burger - 70cals.
Tomato with cheese slice - 50cals.
Salad - 20cals.

D -
WW frozen meal - 209cals.
2 slices of bread - 96cals.

Snacks -
1 kitkat - 107cals.
Veggie sausage - 60cals.
2 slices of toast - 96cals.

TOTAL today -

Slowly going up. [:

Im not going to be here for a while now, holiday in the lakes [wooo] plus home for my birthday. See you when i can guys. [:

x

Hi Winter,

I hope you have a lovely holiday and that the weather is good, it is promised for next week.

Best wishes for your birthday and look forward to seeing you when you come back.

Thankyou thankyou. [:

Looked at the weather on teletext this morning, looks like its gunna be sunny. [: Yay. [:

See you when i get back.

xx

Just popped in to say, im back from the lakes.

And only gained a pound. Which, concindering i ate chocolate marshmallows, drank hot chocolate, ate steak and chips and generally was super naughty i think is great! [:

Woo. [:

I wont be around again now, going home for a while. So, i'll be back next wednesday.

Hope all is well with everyone who reads this. [:

&&&

That pound might vanish by morning seeing as ive weighed myself in the evening after a days worth of eating. [:

AND one last thing, i was finally confident enough to go swimming. This time last year, i felt too fat to be able to go swimming. Big boost for meee.

x

Im back.

Fat again from cake and stuff.

But only gained like..a couple of lb.

I dont know if that will calm itself down by tomorrow or not but im weighing in at 11st12lb at the moment.

[:

x

YESTERDAY -

B -
All Bran - 200cals.

L -
Stir fry - 100cals.
Mushrooms - 40cals.
Toast - 48cals.

D -
Meat free chicken style fillet - 100cals.
Afew mushrooms, baby corn and carrots - 50cals.

Snack later on -

2 veggie sausages - 120cals.

2 slices of toast - 100cals.

Tea - 30 cals.

TOTAL - 788 cals.

B-
Mushrooms - 40cals.
1 slice of toast - 46cals.
1 Quorn Burger - 73cals.

L -
2 sliaces of toast - 96cals.
Mushrooms, Sugarsnap peas, baby corn - 70cals?

D -
Quorn "chicken" - 100cals.
Mushroom - 13cals.
Salad- 50cals.

Snack -
Crunchy nut without milk, 3 cups throughout the day - 150cals.

TOTAL SO FAR - 638

Will probably have some toast later, and whatever else i can find.

Also, had a cup of tea and half a biscuit. Dunno what the cals were, so didnt add.

x

Back