Total Solution The diary of a fat mummy!

I know I know I shouldn't but I've been on the scales and they are still showing 1lb heavier than last week. I don't get it!????? I'm really not happy! If I'm only putting 600cals in my body I need to see those scales move. I've a lot of weight to lose like 9 stone so it's not like I've only 2 stone to lose so it should be coming off. Yes I know I lost 15lb in 2 weeks and that's more than the average stone but regardless of that I should lose some this week. I'm not sure I can not step on the scales again tomorrow as I'm feeling quite obsessed with them. Official weigh in is Tuesday. Help!! I drink 3-4litres per day. And other than tea out on Wednesday where I had chicken (and 3 chips) I have stuck religiously to this. Feeling quite deflated.

Try not to worry. Maybe your body is retaining water and you will have a big loss later.

Ok, tough talking.......put the scales away or you'll make yourself crazy o_O

Weight loss isn't in the nice linear fashion we'd so like it to be :rolleyes:

......weight alters day by day, hour by hour even - it's a physiological fact that can't be changed, and is influenced by many things including hormones

Weigh once a week, at the same time of day - preferably first thing in the morning

Some weeks you won't lose anything - very depressing when you're only consuming 600 calories, but there it is :(

Focus on the bigger picture - a VLCD gives an average loss of 14 lbs a month

.....you're way ahead of the game, so be proud :D

What other diet would give you this loss?

Stick with it.......we'll succeed together, I know it :)

I second everything that Darcy says :)

Despite the lower calories and expected stone a month weight loss, this diet is like any other, there will be weeks when no weight is lost and weeks when a good few pounds are lost. You need to look at the bigger picture.

Thank you. I know you are right. I just need to focus on something other than the scales. It's so hard though. Especially when you've so much to lose. I'll restrain myself until Tuesday now. I fully in the zone with the diet and not feeling any temptation so I do know if it stays that way it has to come off!

MrsN a lot of people say that week 3 and 4 can be a slow down week/weeks so don't focus on those scales! You are one of the first to offer me support and advice so suck it up and we can get through this together! Don't you disappear on me!!!! X

I'm not going anywhere! Felt disheartened but I get that there is no way I can't lose weight if I stick to this diet so it will come off!

On a plus note - my jeans are baggy round my bum/thighs. And I need new bras!

So I got through the weekend with ease. Honestly being on the diet didn't bother me even when we went for a picnic with friends.
I don't feel hungry and no headache. I'm still using my tactic of a long soak in the bath when I need to escape from food but generally that's less often now. I'm even back to cooking again for the family (Hubby was doing it all).
Still feeling awfully bloated and struggling to go to the toilet so need to sort that.
Despite all of this I'm not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow as I'm worried that no loss will mess with my head and I'll throw the towel in, which is my usual style. It isn't my plan and I've had a good talking to myself but I'm still the same person inside aren't I. Oh well into another day. Hope you all had a good weekend.

I'm sure you will have a loss tomorrow, but if not focus on the NSVs - baggy jeans and needing smaller bras!

When the weight loss is small or non-existent it is the inches we are losing - just as important :)

Baggy jeans is just amazing. Mine get baggy each day from wearing. So it's nice to have baggy just washed jeans. They always give me a smile.

Don't worry about a small gain. Weight goes up and down constantly. It's pretty impossibly to gain weight on 600 cals per day. It will be bloat.

I'm the same with the small losses MrsN I'm worried they will mess with my head and I will give in but so far I haven't. I think I will have a sts tomorrow but it has to come off doesn't it? It can't not eating 600cals! X

It really does Bexster - surely it's impossible not to lose if you stick to plan.

So does anyone think the loses would be better without the Exante meals? Depending on my weigh in tomorrow I'm going to trial a week of shakes only.

I've been think about that MrsN but I don't think I could do it, no one at work knows I do it and I leave the house at 7am so too early as I don't have my first pack until 10, lunch at 3 and dinner 7ish. Also there isn't that fewer carbs in the shakes as the meals and bars which ones I've looked at anyway X

I'm not sure Hun, the shakes have the same calories/protein etc. So I really don't think it would make much difference.

I wouldn't personally cope on just shakes, mentally the thought of no food and only drink scares me. But if your happy for just shakes then give it a go

I'm glad someone said that as I don't think I could manage on just shakes lol! X

What sort of balance of shakes/bars/meals do you tend to have?

Initially I had only shakes. Now I have 2 shakes and either a meal or bar apart from weekend when I had 1 shake 1 bar 1 meal. Just trying to think things through. When I did Cambridge there were no meals and I hated the bars so only did shakes and I lost more. Maybe I'm over thinking things and need to just get over the scales. Though just to pre warn you I may cry / rant tomorrow if I haven't lost anything!!

I hope you don't need to cry but that is what we are here for if you do.
I love that the meals make me feel fuller but I do wonder if the feeling fuller hinders weight loss.
I have some ketostix ordered and am looking forward to seeing what they say. I guess it only matters that we are in ketosis

I couldn't do this diet if it were all shakes. My weekday routine is shake/bar/meal or if in the office shake/bar/bar. At the weekend its pancakes/bar/meal.

If you need to cry and rant tomorrow - go for it :D

Back