Total Solution The diary of a fat mummy!

MrsN

Silver Member
So I intended to start this diary 4 days ago but didn't get round to it (due to feeling horrendous) so here I am tonight sitting down with a glass of ........ Water to start this.

A bit about me..... Mid 30 something with 2 children who are becoming increasingly aware that Mummy is 'fat'. A recent horrifying flight coupled with a desperation to be around to see my kids become adults is the kick I need.

I'm only 5foot so at 17stone 13pounds (Tuesday weigh in before my first shake) my bmi is hovering around 50 and I bought a size 24 very recently. Mortified does not even come close. I've tried dieting of various kinds before and actually lost 6 stone on Cambridge before having my daughter but I never went back to it. Regular diets just don't work as I have a very messed up relationship with food and just need to cut it out of my life for a while and get in a different head space.

So over the weekend I thought I'd look at Cambridge again but then stumbled across Evante - seems a no brainier as it's cheaper and there's more variety. And I can add meals in next week if I'm ready.

Day 1- Tuesday 15th March.
I actually found today ok. 3 shakes - Cherries and Berries, Honeycomb and Strawberry Cheescake. Didn't rate the Strawberry and I found they are too strong with the recommended 200mls so made them with 300 then 400mls and found that much better. Went to bed about 9.30 cold and with a slight headache and just wanted to avoid the snacks Hubby was eating.
4 litres of water - check!

Day 2 - AAAARRRGHHH What a killer! Truly horrific headache and absolutely freezing.
Shakes - Chocolate, Blueberry (yuk) & Cherries and Berries (my fav so far)
Honestly - I wanted to cry mid afternoon. My head was banging but worse was the physical shakes and low body temperature. Rang my friend who gave me a pep talk and kept me on track!
Went to bed at 9 with a splitting head but glad I'd not caved.
4 litres of water - done.

Day 3 - still felt groggy but starting to warm up.
Shakes - honeycomb, chocolate & cherries and berries
Today was hard again. But I have to admit I felt better. I just wanted food because ..... Well I'm addicted to food! I actually drove to the take away got out and then it hit me....what's the bloody point in giving up now. Idiot! So I got back in and went home for a shake!
Early night to get away from temptation. Hubby has been really supportive and sending me encouraging messages too which is great.

So, on to today. How do I feel? Bloody fantastic! I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning. 17st 5lb! Omg can that be right already? 8lb? I'd be happy with that for the full week - I'll aim for 10lb now then after seeing that. I know you shouldn't get on the scales until weigh in but I really needed to. I had that Friday feeling and knew it was going to be a tough day work wise with a buffet lunch happening so it really was just the motivation I needed. I'd focus and determined to stay on track.....I even placed an extra order of Evante today to include bars and some meals as I only ordered shakes initially.
Today's shakes - strawberry cheesecake (erm not overly keen), cherries & berries (love it) and toffee caramel which I'm having right now and quite enjoying.
I feel good. Headache have gone and whilst I still have some pangs of hunger I don't think I've had nearly enough water today as I was in meeting after meeting so going to try and get some extra down now.

So, if you're still reading thanks for sticking with it!
Looking forward to sharing my journey with you.

Day 5 - I've a feeling this is going to be tough today. It's the weekend and the kids want a pizza and film night. Normally I'd be ordering a large meat feast! Argh!!

Hi and welcome, well done for sticking with it you can do it and it does get so much easier! I have a pizza (the Exante pizza mix) on a Saturday night as a treat and I do put some chicken or tuna as a topping and I've lost 15lbs in two weeks so must be doing something right and I'm not planning the add a meal week 4 so I'm counting that instead. Think we all need to find our own ways of getting through. There's loads of support on here so just shout and someone will listen (well read lol). Good luck with your journey x

15lb in 2 weeks is amazing! Well done. Seeing those scales drop is a real motivator isn't it. I might have an order coming today I wasn't planning on having an meals or bars for my first week but if it arrives I may have a curry pot tonight as my Saturday night treat! Ha! Overall I feel positive and I know I can't go on the way I have been!

As you have found with the shakes the meals and bars are hit and miss and what some say they love other hate so keep trying others if you come across any you don't like! And with the meals it's nice to be able to sit with your family and still eat with them I don't think I could have got through the first 10 days on shakes alone, the bars keep me going all morning and I have a shake at lunch and meal in the evening. I can't wait to start going down in dress sizes but I'm so happy not to be hungry all the time it's great so stick with it through these first days x

Yes I really want to be able to sit with the family at meal time - so far this week I've disappeared off to have a bath and left hubby and the kids to it so hopefully the meal will help with that.

So.....the tropical shake! Vom! What is that all about!!?? Won't be ordering that again and luckily only ordered one as a trial! I've forced it down but seriously do people make these with 200ml? I made it with 400ml and still disgusting.

Great work so far! That's a lot of water, do you constantly need the toilet lol
I'm terrible at drinking, not just water but anything. I've been drinking all morning and I'm up and downstairs like a yoyo.

I'm on day 1, ordered the shakes, bars and meals. I was quite worried that the shakes wouldn't keep me full. How are you finding it on shakes only?

Hi and welcome, you're doing really well so far :)

Thanks - good luck Sarah on day 1. The first 3 days aren't great but I'm fine now! Yes I need the loo all the time but trying to keep the headache away by staying hydrated. I intended a week if shakes only as my issues with food are so deep rooted I felt it was a good idea. But I may have a bar or meal pot tonight if my order arrives and I'm struggling as the kids will have pizza.
Do you have a goal?

Hello and welcome :)

You're doing great so far :D

I'm only 5 feet tall too :rolleyes:

.....and had a similar start weight :oops:

We can do this! :D

Thanks - good luck Sarah on day 1. The first 3 days aren't great but I'm fine now! Yes I need the loo all the time but trying to keep the headache away by staying hydrated. I intended a week if shakes only as my issues with food are so deep rooted I felt it was a good idea. But I may have a bar or meal pot tonight if my order arrives and I'm struggling as the kids will have pizza.
Do you have a goal?
We wanna start trying for another baby this year. I don't wanna be 'fat' during pregnancy and considered high risk. So my aim is to get my bmi under 30, preferably 28 or less(it's currently 33.5) before we start trying. I don't really believe in bmi as a way to determine health, I just wanna avoid the 'high risk' title and gestational diabetes tests etc. Then hopefully while we are trying I can keep losing weight. My goal is to be pregnant by the end of the year. I'm in no rush lol

Do you have a fave shake? I had the gingerbread latte one this morning and enjoyed it.

We wanna start trying for another baby this year. I don't wanna be 'fat' during pregnancy and considered high risk. So my aim is to get my bmi under 30, preferably 28 or less(it's currently 33.5) before we start trying. I don't really believe in bmi as a way to determine health, I just wanna avoid the 'high risk' title and gestational diabetes tests etc. Then hopefully while we are trying I can keep losing weight. My goal is to be pregnant by the end of the year. I'm in no rush lol

Do you have a fave shake? I had the gingerbread latte one this morning and enjoyed it.

I know what you mean - I had two high risk pregnancies - if only I could turn back the clock. I bet it won't actually take long to get your bmi down to around 28 you know! It will probably take me a year. But I'm ok with that.

Fav shake by a mile so far is Cherries and Berries. Followed by chocolate. Honeycomb and toffee caramel are fine. Tropical was yuk! Strawberry cheesecake and blueberry not great and really had to water them down.

Are you drinking lots of water? I've had 3 pints so far today.

So exciting.....my order just arrived. Bars and loads more shakes but even more exciting the meals. Went for loads of the curry, then a carbons and spag Bol to try and quite a few sweet and sour noodles. Generally I prefer much spicier food. We've got some last minute tickets to a show this evening now so not going to have my 3pm shake and instead take a bar to the show then have a curry when I get in - ha just like a normal Saturday night!

Enjoy the show! I'm like the sweet and sour I also add garlic powder mixed herbs and chilli to most of the meals x

I'll definately be adding extra spices. I can't stand bland food!!

Ditto and salt/pepper if needed. Love garlic/chives and chilli.

Yes I really want to be able to sit with the family at meal time - so far this week I've disappeared off to have a bath and left hubby and the kids to it so hopefully the meal will help with that.

So.....the tropical shake! Vom! What is that all about!!?? Won't be ordering that again and luckily only ordered one as a trial! I've forced it down but seriously do people make these with 200ml? I made it with 400ml and still disgusting.
Am reading your diary with interest Mrs N...best of luck with the weigh in ...Jen

Am reading your diary with interest Mrs N...best of luck with the weigh in ...Jen

Thank you. Trying to resist the scales now until Tuesday - it's so tempting to jump on them every day!
Are you following the diet too?

So I survived my first Saturday on the diet - I'm so proud of myself!
Being at the theatre was weird ..... No wine no snacks to munch on but I felt OK about it. I even sat through hubby and the kids eating McDonalds!!!!! I just hugged my bottle of water and browsed the net for skinny clothes!! Ha.

So......I had a bar during the show. Well I thought I'd picked the caramel crunch but it was hot cross bun. Well it's revolting!!! Jeez....who taste tests these!!?? I ate it cos who knows what might have happened if I didn't. Came home and had the Indian curry. Mmm actually very nice - but where's the rest of it!!?? Ha ha!!

Saturday's food - tropical shake (double yuk), hot cross bun bar (yuk) and Indian style curry (nice).

My original idea was not to introduce food for a week so that's gone now but it was the only way to get through yesterday. Not sure I want a bar and a meal everyday though as worried it will slow weight loss?? What do you guys think??

Anyway into day 6 I go. Work to do and a house to clean today should help keep me distracted!!

Back