The diary of El - Everyone Welcome :)

Hi Hun, Sorry to hear you had a bit of a downer yesterday :sigh: Bummer that the Mcds wasn't even nice! (maybe thats a good thing tho....you might not be tempted again if you rmember how god they are NOT lol)

Fresh start today lovely lady......hope you have a good & saintly SW day xxx

Thank you - I woke up in a worse mood than I went to bed in but Ive kicked myself up the bum and gone off to work as usual. Feeling a little brighter now and a bit more determined!

Brought all the right things for a good SW day in with me but the stupid maintenance guys are banging and clattering and drilling in the next room which is going to drive me potty unless I get out!! Might bob to ASDA at lunch see what healthy food I can grab xxx

Awww hunni hope you day turns into a good one, hope you feel brighter and the mood lifts , I hate days like these , sending big hugs xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you - I woke up in a worse mood than I went to bed in but Ive kicked myself up the bum and gone off to work as usual. Feeling a little brighter now and a bit more determined!

Brought all the right things for a good SW day in with me but the stupid maintenance guys are banging and clattering and drilling in the next room which is going to drive me potty unless I get out!! Might bob to ASDA at lunch see what healthy food I can grab xxx

get a pack of chopped up melon - good for speeding up the losses! .......and some earplugs from the pharmacy counter to drowned out the stoooopid maintenance guys :smoke: xxx

Awww hunni hope you day turns into a good one, hope you feel brighter and the mood lifts , I hate days like these , sending big hugs xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Von I really appreciate that :) xxx

get a pack of chopped up melon - good for speeding up the losses! .......and some earplugs from the pharmacy counter to drowned out the stoooopid maintenance guys :smoke: xxx

Earplugs sound like a great idea, think ill bob to the construction department and get myself some! Unfortunatly I cant do the melon :( I had an awful reaction to melon the other week same as I do with pineapple, bloated, feeling sick, basically looking like I was 8 months pregnant! Not good :( xxx

Damn that maccy D's. I have totally given them up as they just made me feel slightly soiled after I had eaten them!! It's good you didn't enjoy it that much as like Dizzy says, maybe next time you will remember it wasn't even worth the syns!

Baby steps anyway lovey, no point beating yourself up about it. Just drink lots of water and walk a bit. Also if you don't feel like you can go without syns to get back your overspend, then just don't. Have your syns as normal and carry on with the plan. If you save syns you might feel deprived and that is when things get desperate and you are in danger of blowing it. The whole point of Slimming World is to eat healthily for life, but life will include the occasional treat.

Earplugs sound like a great idea, think ill bob to the construction department and get myself some! Unfortunatly I cant do the melon :( I had an awful reaction to melon the other week same as I do with pineapple, bloated, feeling sick, basically looking like I was 8 months pregnant! Not good :( xxx

Oooh errr missus......best stay away from the melon then!!! :eek: get yourself some nice berries & free yog instead xx

Damn that maccy D's. I have totally given them up as they just made me feel slightly soiled after I had eaten them!! It's good you didn't enjoy it that much as like Dizzy says, maybe next time you will remember it wasn't even worth the syns!

Baby steps anyway lovey, no point beating yourself up about it. Just drink lots of water and walk a bit. Also if you don't feel like you can go without syns to get back your overspend, then just don't. Have your syns as normal and carry on with the plan. If you save syns you might feel deprived and that is when things get desperate and you are in danger of blowing it. The whole point of Slimming World is to eat healthily for life, but life will include the occasional treat.

Thanks hun - ive aimed for no syns until Saturday (Sunday is WI day) as thats when the OH is back from skiing and it will be nice to have a glass of wine or two with him. BUT if I cant do it each day i wont, ill just have to accept it for this week. xxx

Ok so food plan for today ladies:

B: Not had anything yet but some strawberries and i shall have a banana
L: Brought left over baked bean lasagne
T: at mums tonight asked for a baked potato xxx

Looks good. x

Looks good. x

Thanks hun - I didnt have much breakfast was starving and have just made my lunch and dont really feel like it but im plodding along :( xxx

So if today hasn't filled you with joy at your eating then let's have a think about what would excite you tomorrow and still be on plan.

Foodgasms I have recently had include - my home made granola. It is OFF the HOOK. I kid you not. And I also had some hot smoked salmon fillets with a herby couscous a couple of weeks ago that was literally a party in my mouth.

What sort of things do you like, what do you fancy? Me for example, I have eaten lentil salad three days in a row for lunch and I am SICK of it. It is nice but I will never make such a big batch again. I went to Itsu today to pick up my boss's lunch and got a massive craving for sushi so tomorrow I am having a box of their salmon and tuna sushi (2.5 syns) and I am going to delight in every bite. I know these are small pleasures but we are trying to re-educate ourselves around food slowly slowly catchy monkey. But you have to be imaginiative and a bit brave sometimes and try things you have never tried before. xxx

So if today hasn't filled you with joy at your eating then let's have a think about what would excite you tomorrow and still be on plan.

Foodgasms I have recently had include - my home made granola. It is OFF the HOOK. I kid you not. And I also had some hot smoked salmon fillets with a herby couscous a couple of weeks ago that was literally a party in my mouth.

What sort of things do you like, what do you fancy? Me for example, I have eaten lentil salad three days in a row for lunch and I am SICK of it. It is nice but I will never make such a big batch again. I went to Itsu today to pick up my boss's lunch and got a massive craving for sushi so tomorrow I am having a box of their salmon and tuna sushi (2.5 syns) and I am going to delight in every bite. I know these are small pleasures but we are trying to re-educate ourselves around food slowly slowly catchy monkey. But you have to be imaginiative and a bit brave sometimes and try things you have never tried before. xxx

Well im always willing to give things a try once however i have tried smoked salmon (three times now!!) and each time i nearly puke so im going to go out on a limb and say that its not for me! Hehe!!

Im going to give the smash pizza base a go and see how I get on with that. Might do that for tea tomorrow night as i have the stuff (from asda today) and im at my mums.

To be honest I think the not wanting my lunch today is down to my mood rather than it not being interesting because I made it the other night and it was lush but I still need more ideas so they are all greatly received!

I would love the granola recipe if you would give it me though that sounds lush! xxx

Well im always willing to give things a try once however i have tried smoked salmon (three times now!!) and each time i nearly puke so im going to go out on a limb and say that its not for me! Hehe!!

Im going to give the smash pizza base a go and see how I get on with that. Might do that for tea tomorrow night as i have the stuff (from asda today) and im at my mums.

No it's hot smoked salmon not normal smoked salmon. Like how smoked mackerel is smoked. Have a look when you are next in the super market. Trust me. :)

To be honest I think the not wanting my lunch today is down to my mood rather than it not being interesting because I made it the other night and it was lush but I still need more ideas so they are all greatly received!

I would love the granola recipe if you would give it me though that sounds lush! xxx

150g jumbo oats
75g mixed nuts and seeds (bashed up in a food bag with a rolling pin or whizzed in a food processor)
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (if you like it, is fine without too!)
3 tablespoons of runny honey
50g mixed dried fruit

1. Mix the bashed nuts and seeds in a bowl with the oats and cinnamon if using.
2. Warm up the honey to make it extra runny and stir into the oaty mixture
3. Tip the mixture onto a fry lighted baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for about 30 mins until the mixture is dark brown and crunchy,
4. break up into a bowl and mix in the dried fruit.

I use 35g of this as a healthy extra B

Argh - managed to get my sentence in the middle of your quote!
I said....No it's hot smoked salmon not normal smoked salmon. Like how smoked mackerel is smoked. Have a look when you are next in the super market. Definitely worth a try. :)
Instead of mixed dried fruit you can use dried apricots chopped up for the Granola too!

150g jumbo oats
75g mixed nuts and seeds (bashed up in a food bag with a rolling pin or whizzed in a food processor)
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (if you like it, is fine without too!)
3 tablespoons of runny honey
50g mixed dried fruit

1. Mix the bashed nuts and seeds in a bowl with the oats and cinnamon if using.
2. Warm up the honey to make it extra runny and stir into the oaty mixture
3. Tip the mixture onto a fry lighted baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for about 30 mins until the mixture is dark brown and crunchy,
4. break up into a bowl and mix in the dried fruit.

I use 35g of this as a healthy extra B

Thanks for that chick - do you syn any of it? xxx

I syn it the same as Dorset cereals - so 5 syns for 25g. x

Back