The epic journey begins!

Thanks and good for you!!! Im half way trying a peanut crunch bar.....ooooohhhh likey likey!!! Its REAL food!!

Agree with all your list - that's how I cant wait to feel - although difficult with the husband bit - haven't got one - maybe after my weight has gone, I will feel up to looking for the next Ex Husband ..LOL

So my consultant popped my progress photo on Facebook last night in our secret group....I can see the difference particularly in my face but I must admit I look at it and still think 'meh ' to me it doesn't look like three stone but I'm not at the end of the journey yet so hopefully the photos will get better! So the picture left to right is at the beginning, then at one stone, two stone and three stone....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 73
I can see loads of difference in them!!! Brilliant loses and like us all a long journey even if it's up hill at times. Well Done so far x

Started step2 on day 2, I'm sure it gets harder!! I'm 126kg, always have been a big girl but have told myself I want to be slim by the time I'm 40 (4 years away). Read a few success stories now, fingers and toes crossed I can stick to it.

Pops78,

We're all here for same reason, stick with it I am on week 2 and to be honest Im finding this week harder than week 1. No doubt because I was expecting week 1 to be difficult?

Reading the posts and looking at pictures has helped me though,

Hi Pops and wannabe! How was your weekend? I did post in here yesterday morning but I couldn't have hit submit lol as it's nowhere to be seen! Wannabe I found that days 9,10 and 11 were actually my hardest...I felt like I was beyond starving and all I could think of was food, it consumed my every thought! Bit it did ease so hope you're doing ok now!

It was my dear dads 70th birthday yesterday so we had a BBQ which kind of made the whole social part easier. I just had a chicken kebab and a tiny salad. Both my parents are on the plan which can be really nice apart from yesterday when they didn't stick to plan lol. I'll let my dad off...it was his special birthday but my mum, grrrrr. She was actually encouraging me to have a burger and bun and some cake like her because (and her words) 'I cheated last week and had cake and other stuff and still lost 3.5lbs!'

I almost said and maybe it'll catch up with you at weigh in this week! But I didn't.......I just said how my bmi has to remain under 28 for my application to go through and I wasn't risking having a set back for even a week by shovelling a burger or some cake in my face! :argh:

the he only part about yesterday I wasn't pleased about was that we had some family photos and urgh, my stomach!! It's still so big...I reckon I could pass for about four months pregnant still.....it's going to be the last thing to properly go down isn't it?! :sigh2:

Hello

I'm on day 3, at work surrounded by chocolate. So tempted to have a nibble but going to remain strong.

How do you know when you get Ketosis??

Did your consultant give you any ketone sticks? The ones you wee on? If not.....the sign for me was a really foul taste in my mouth.....that was me deffo in ketosis! That and waking up with no hunger! X

Hi Sophie,
Naughty Mummy ! lol.......I have found this my second week bloody hard!!! My consultant said I could have a bar from Saturday but I had on Thursday. Now, I don't know if I've said this before - forgive me - its on my mind.....By doing that could I have taken myself out of ketosis??? I'm half convinced I have and that is why I found Thurs. Fri and Sat poo coz I thought , bugger Im going to enjoy food again. I didn't and feel chuffed I didn't but gutted if I've got start from day 1 again :cry:

Got 2nd weigh in tomorrow evening 5pm, so I will see.

If I've got to start again so be it but will be upset.

Pops,

Hang in there but as I've said I have found this 2nd week harder than the 1st.

Sorry for whinge -
Dawn

I am pretty sure it won't have taken you out of ketosis but even if it has you will still have lost weight...from what I can understand, ketosis isn't what makes you lose weight....it just stops you from being so hungry when you're in it.......it's the vlcd that'll be doing the job of losing weight.....that's why from step 2 it's not classed as a very low calorie diet because you're on 800kcal plus......you'll have lost weight I'm sure but it maybe why you've been hungrier than normal....but some people find that at any point during the plan...that eating them makes them hungry and that's why they avoid bars (and meals) altogether !! Xxx

oooo...I do hope so. I did think that the ketosis thing was the big thing but suppose yeah, Im eating a fraction of calories I was a few weeks ago.

My tummy didn't seem too happy a few hours after I had the bar (any of them) and had to go to loo quickly, - sorry for lowering tone-

But the feeling of chewying and having something real outweighed the loo trip. (wasn't bad bad and didn't last) - sorry lowering again lol

Cant wait for tom. weigh in

No sticks for peeing!!!! I'm using my milk allowance for my last shake to fill me up before bed time, seems to be working. Don't like the porridge or rice pudding!!

I didn't have any stix either pops. I cant stand shakes on or off diet, so Im going to live on soup (not all flavours) Porridge and bars. Im ok with that as long as this weight comes off!!!!!

So weigh in day today for me and I lost 3.2lbs :D Happy with that! Takes me just into the 11 stone bracket...somewhere I haven't been for about 11 years!!! That's a good feeling!!

stepping up to ss+ this week as next week is going to be slightly harder for me! My daughter is performing in a show and she has to be there every day next week straight from school till 10pm in the evening so lots of rushing around...early starts as the boys wake up between 4-5am, and late nights 11pm instead of my usual 9pm!! So I'm adding in a couple of extra calories to keep me going! Plus my hair started falling out this week :sign0007: I know it can be a side effect of the diet and no coincidence as I have been on it for almost 3 months now......hoping a few more calories will help!

That's Brilliant news, never seeing 12 stone something again! Good idea to add a few more calories for hectic time. X Well Done:clap:

So it's the dreaded weekend but it doesn't feel so bad atm! Went shopping this morning to find a dress to wear to my daughters theatre show next week and got into a 12!!!!!!!!!! :thankyouthankyou:So pleased! I do however have to wear some spanx for the old tummy that is still there but even so!!

Off to do some wedding dress shopping this afternoon also with my sil to be which is very exciting and will make the day go quickly! Plus not forgetting that I'm ss+ this week so I'm quite excited about my chicken and salad tonight! It's all good!

Hope everyone's weekend goes smoothly and temptation free! Xxxx

Hope you had a lovely weekend with the family. How you getting with your applying to be a consultant?x

Had a lovely smooth weekend! No hiccups, no grumpiness (from me! ) , stuck to plan! My sil thinks she's found the dress, and my word it was a stunner so that was fun!

Hi Pops! Application going ok...it's taken me an age to fill in the application form as it's extremely indepth but finished it last night, off for a meeting with my consultant at lunchtime to talk business, she'll send my form off for me and I should I get a phone all thurs/fri from cambridge to arrange my telephone interview for next week. If that all goes well then I should get booked onto the training day in August :D So fingers crossed!! X

Sometimes in life you need a good rant don't you think?! So here's mine! What a morning!

Im soooooooo tired.......I'm up at 4-4:30 every morning as Freddie has turned into an early rising baby....and not getting into bed till 11pm as I'm having to pick Mia up from rehearsals every evening from town....a 20 mile round trip each time.....

so, I'm tired....scrap that exhausted...I'm potty training and I have a teething baby..so I really should've known better than to have left the house this morning! But I just wanted to exchange a pair of sandals for a pair of jeans in new look and buy some baby food in asda...hmmmmm that doesn't sound too bad....... :argh:

i had had to try some jeans on....big mistake.....as soon as I started taking my clothes off Freddie goes into full on meltdown....so I tried to multitask....take jeans off with one hand whilst madly shaking his toy robot at him and in the process ripped one of my nails 3/4 of the way...owwwwwwwwwww!

gave up on jeans and decided to go to asda...Freddie calmed down as we moved which was fab....get to asda and decide to buy some nail scissors which I can use when I get out the shop because finger is really sore....3/4's of the way round I notice that Jacob is stood there holding himself so we abandoned shopping and went on mercy mission to the toilets only to have him freak out when we get there because apparently we were previously in the biscuit aisle and he wanted to look at the biscuits?! :beam:

in process of doing his shorts back up I ripped my nail even more, prompting a near tearful response from me! We manage to pay but now Freddie is screaming again and everybody every two minutes random people are me what's wrong with him...if I knew..I'd be doing something about it!!!! Ask cashier girl for scissors to cut my scissors open as they were unopenable and of course she doesn't have any...customer services may......but as we walked past there's a ginormous queue...

manage to get to car, manually rip my nail...causing huge pain but it had to come off....got Jacob to do wee on potty in the boot of the car and packed them both in to their car seats. I climb in the car and promptly burst into tears!! Enough is enough....there was only so much this Mummy can take on limited energy!

so.......not Cambridge related at all really..but boy do I feel better now! :tongue:

Back