The Eurovision

We could have LMFAO/Ed Sheeran/Adele/Insert popular singer here* singing our Eurovision Song and it wouldn't win! It's nothing to do with Music, Songs, Performances. It's all political, it always has been and always will be and I LOVE it. Every year we sit as a family and watch and mark each ones based on the music. Every year we're way out, every year it's the Greece/Cyprus 10/12 points saga, every year the best song comes about 10th. It's a complete farce and I don't think anyone takes it seriously anymore. I'd LOVE Englebert to take it but I very much doubt it, mainly due to the fact that something drastic happened 10 or 20 years ago. Oh and I also love the way the 15 years on, Bosnia and Hertzigovina doing well is still a "sympathy" vote! Ahh, when is it? I can't wait!
It is very politicaql and tbh in recent years the voting is more entertaining than the songs.

Also, remember that it is the song being judged and NOT the singer.

If the UK ever took this competition seriously, some of the great talents would have entered songs. Lennon & McCartney in 60/s 70s - Elton/Weller/Bowie in the 80s - even Gary Barlow could turn out a fantastic song.

Wisely, they wouldn't touch it withe a bargepole.;)

Maximus said:
It is very politicaql and tbh in recent years the voting is more entertaining than the songs.

Also, remember that it is the song being judged and NOT the singer.

If the UK ever took this competition seriously, some of the great talents would have entered songs. Lennon & McCartney in 60/s 70s - Elton/Weller/Bowie in the 80s - even Gary Barlow could turn out a fantastic song.

Wisely, they wouldn't touch it withe a bargepole.;)

That must be why Jason Donovan turned it down ;)

Well that song is the most depressing thing I've heard in a long time, if they were going to get an oldie to sing, then Tom Jones would have been my choice, at least he has his tongue firmly in his cheek most of the time!

Is it just me but isn't Englebert Humperdink a brilliant name.

As for the song, I'm not fussed on it, seems like a a song from a musical, this a shame there are alot of brilliant songwriters from the UK.

I remenber a few years ago Radiohead wanted to do it, I would have loved that!

I quite like it. The name and the song. But then I think Englebert is awesome anyway. You would never think he was 75. I think it has Eurovision potential, they love a good ballad and that high note at the end, if delivered well on the night, could be very goosebumpy.

We've had an Aussie sing for us before - Gina G!!!

We could have Elton singing "Candle in the Wind" and we still wouldnt win. I laugh that they dont even try to hide the political voting "and 12 points goes to our friends/neighbours......"!!

Ever wonder why we never have to qualify (or France and Germany) - because we fund it and seemingly if these 3 countries pulled out it wouldnt go on - some of those other countries should give that a bit of thought when they're awarding their 12 points!!!

Saying that we always get good points off Malta!!!

Saying that we always get good points off Malta!!!

Probably becasue most of their tourism comes from the UK. :D

BTW Halcyon, that Eddie Izzard clip was brilliant I laughed so hard water came out my nose...I know what your all thinking and yes I am a classy lady.:flirt2:

Back