The fat is back

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Caroline Street chip shops aka CHIP ALLEY!!! One of those shops doe the BEST Sausages in Batter EVER!!! lol.

Well i'm well impressed that with your teeny weeny gain, but don't let that make you relax from hereon in young lady!!! lol. Grit your teeth, get through the hunger and it will all be lovely again when ketosis arrives. Why not have 4 packs a day instead of 3?? That works for me.

Lovely to see you back posting again, I missed you - even though you were only up the road from me rather than half way round the world lol lol.

Good Morning all!

Had a pretty good nights sleep last night except for a really nasty nightmare that I had which rudely awoke me at 5:30am. (Been having nightmares quite a lot lately, anyone have any idea whether they might be linked to getting into Ketosis? Think I might post a thread on the CD Forum 'bout that).

So instead of waiting for an hours sleep that I knew was not going to come, I got my not-as-fat-as-it-used-to-be @ss out of bed, pulled on my lovely new joggers and headed for the gym. Thought I'd do a lap of the garden first (power walk - not run), and when I got round to the gym, saw it all in darkness there, doesn't open 'til 6:30am, so - not to be defeated - power-walked 25 laps and jogged 1, (that 1 nearly killed me!!!!:eek::eek::eek:) Absolutely freezing, totally didn't wear the right clothes, but I'll know for the future!

I really want to get to the gym (we have a really nice gym, swimming pool, tennis courts, squash courts and dance room in our apartment building - all for free - I know, I should have no excuses!!!) but when I get home from work, once my not-as-fat-as-it-used-to-be @ss hits the settee, that's all I want to do is veg. Not only that, I want to spend time with Eiriana in the evenings. I've been thinking of ways how we can get around it and thought that if I gym it for half an hour while hubby takes Eiriana to playroom (next to gym) then, I take her swimming while he does his stuff. Think that may work, that's if she agrees to go swimming in our arctic temperatures pool!!!

Anyway, had better get into the shower or I'll be late for work. Love to you all!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Caroline Street chip shops aka CHIP ALLEY!!!
My Dad calls it 'Fever Alley' :eek:

One of those shops doe the BEST Sausages in Batter EVER!!! lol.
I know, as I was ordering my curry and chips after my bacardi fuelled night out, I eyed up the sausages in batter, and the patties thinking, 'shall I have one of them', but, incredibly, even under the influence, was able to restrain!

Well i'm well impressed that with your teeny weeny gain, but don't let that make you relax from hereon in young lady!!! lol. Grit your teeth, get through the hunger and it will all be lovely again when ketosis arrives. Why not have 4 packs a day instead of 3?? That works for me.
Was thinking of that yesterday after reading Sam's Diary and your comments there, I definately will if today and this evening especially is as black as yesterday.

Lovely to see you back posting again, I missed you - even though you were only up the road from me rather than half way round the world lol lol.
I know, crazy! Kept my eye out for you when I was out and about (lol)

You have a fab day Karen, look forward to hearing from you soon. What day are you on now? (Shall go to your diary later and probably find the answer to that, but I really, really do need to get ready for work now! :D)

So very, very proud of myself. Got home from work at about 5:45pm, Eiriana was napping, (well she still is, wonder what time we'll get to bed this evening :eek:!) so I went to my bedroom, got my joggers on and headed straight to the GYM!!!! Yay me!!!!

Didn't manage much cardio, just ten mins on the bike, absolutely knackered after just that short amount of time, but didn't want to push too hard for the first time. Thought that if I added a little longer every time, that would be much safer and more beneficial for me. Then did an hour of toning work, upper body weights, stomach and lower back sit-ups and leg raisers. My legs are a bit shaky now, and I know I'm gonna be sore tomorrow, but whenever I'm sore after a good work out, I always feel fantastic gratification! Not that I've worked out for...mmmm....I'd say close to 7 years!

Plan is to get up early and power walk the garden again tomorrow, we'll see in the morning though, and then another hour and 20 mins in the gym in the evening.

Still pretty hungry today, but no headache and not so tired. Hope that I'll be in ketosis by tomorrow.

HELLOOOOOO Paula!!!!!!!!!!!
happy new years to you and your family!!!!
i've been catching up on your diary since your return to the jing and it sounds like you are really, really getting back on track.
((personally, i had the most difficult time getting back on SS after i had a week of 790..and i think after that, i never had a full 100% week of SS...but thats just me and my own weaknesses.)) you are an incredibly strong woman so i have no doubts that you will get back into it ASAP.

also, well done for going to the gym~!! i've been going to my local since xmas, i go at least 3 times a week. and i luv it!!
((i wouldve never been this interested as a super fatty)). i think its covering the guilt for my partially bad eating.

i looked at allll of your new piccies posted on FB!!! wow you look soooooo incredible!!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!
i can only imagine how everyone reacted when they saw you.!!!

get back into it and keep it up, chick!
i'll be looking for you months down the line for inspiration when i restart CD/SS. ((i gotta get prego first, eh?))

oh and no news just yet on that front. i will be testing on or about the 14th...((will post all this on my diary so ignore it when you see it twice))...ok so i will be testing, provided i dont start the flow. fingers crossed!!!!

anyways, fynn is finished with lunch so i better get out the hose (it was a very messy pasta salad).
you take care, hun and we'll catch up soon!
cheers!
xoxoxoxo

Week one done and dusted! A very difficult start to the week, nearly gave in many times, really much, much more difficult than the first time around! Partly 'cos I'd loaded myself up on carbs over Christmas and partly because I'm at place at the moment were I'm no longer humongously fat so I'm feeling a lot happier with myself....but I know I have to keep going. I also know that AAM week would just not work for me!

Toward the end of the week, things got much easier. Did quite a lot of exercise. Got up every morning after Tuesday and did 40 mins of fast walking around our garden. The first couple of days saw me looking at me watch every 5 minutes hoping that it was time for me to go home and get ready for work. But Bobbie joined me on Thursday morning and our chatting made the walk more interesting and the time went much faster. Our little group grew again on Friday morning as Kay joined us! Did some exercise every evening too, went to the gym for cardio and weights/toning work, went swimming and did some yoga. Had a massage and facial on Friday though as my muscles were a tad sore!

Did absolutely no exercise yesterday as I bought a new i-Phone and spent the whole day playing with it and figuring out how it worked! Really very, very cool! :cool: Downloaded lots of fun 80's music on to it ready for workouts!

Went for dinner last night with one of the teachers and her husband and mother. Realised that it was the first time that I had sat around a restaurant dinner table with others outside of my family and not eaten. Really didn't have a problem with it! After dinner we went to see an acrobat show, always fab! Had a sore tummy throughout though as my period rudely arrived yesterday morning! Had been feeling pretty bloated and very weepy for a couple of days actually, so I'm glad that it did come to get over that!

Loss this week was 3kgs, 6.6lbs! Pretty happy with that although nowhere near my first weeks loss back in September. But a 3lb gain over Christmas was pretty small too, so I guess I can't grumble! :)

Love to you all! Have a great weekend!

i've been catching up on your diary since your return to the jing and it sounds like you are really, really getting back on track.
((personally, i had the most difficult time getting back on SS after i had a week of 790..and i think after that, i never had a full 100% week of SS...but thats just me and my own weaknesses.)) you are an incredibly strong woman so i have no doubts that you will get back into it ASAP.

Well, you know Dis that I had absolutely no problems when I started last time and throughout the first three months, but man....it was hard getting back on. Really hard! I think that if I didn't have 2 more months of packs in my cupboard with an expiry date of March this year, I would have talked myself out of it!

also, well done for going to the gym~!! i've been going to my local since xmas, i go at least 3 times a week. and i luv it!!
((i wouldve never been this interested as a super fatty)). i think its covering the guilt for my partially bad eating.
I'm so proud of you for going to your gym, and more 'cos you're enjoying it so much! You have been my inspiration to get off the lardy thang and get down to the gym!I know what you mean about the fatty thing though. I was sitting on the bike the other day watching a dance class in the next room and feeling really fat and ugly. (The girls in the dance class were INCREDIBLY skinny - a wild guess of 6 stoners - size 2-4!) After I got off the bike, I went to the running machine, feeling a little down. The wall in front of the running machine is mirrored and I had no choice but to look at myself, and after a little scrutinising, I thought 'hey Paula, you're actually not that fat anymore, you actually look pretty good!' Nice feeling!

i looked at allll of your new piccies posted on FB!!! wow you look soooooo incredible!!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!

i'll be looking for you months down the line for inspiration when i restart CD/SS. ((i gotta get prego first, eh?))
Hope all that is going well! Thought of something really funny but far too rude to post on here the other day when I was lying awake with jet-lag!

oh and no news just yet on that front. i will be testing on or about the 14th...((will post all this on my diary so ignore it when you see it twice))...ok so i will be testing, provided i dont start the flow. fingers crossed!!!!

Don't stress too much, it'll happen (but oh how I know how much easier to say that is than to do it!)

anyways, fynn is finished with lunch so i better get out the hose (it was a very messy pasta salad).

Hope that Fynn is all better, big hugs to you all! A fabulous 2008 being wished your way!
cheers!
xoxoxoxo[/quote]

Well, you know Dis that I had absolutely no problems when I started last time and throughout the first three months, but man....it was hard getting back on. Really hard! I think that if I didn't have 2 more months of packs in my cupboard with an expiry date of March this year, I would have talked myself out of it!

I'm so proud of you for going to your gym, and more 'cos you're enjoying it so much! You have been my inspiration to get off the lardy thang and get down to the gym!I know what you mean about the fatty thing though. I was sitting on the bike the other day watching a dance class in the next room and feeling really fat and ugly. (The girls in the dance class were INCREDIBLY skinny - a wild guess of 6 stoners - size 2-4!) After I got off the bike, I went to the running machine, feeling a little down. The wall in front of the running machine is mirrored and I had no choice but to look at myself, and after a little scrutinising, I thought 'hey Paula, you're actually not that fat anymore, you actually look pretty good!' Nice feeling!

Hope all that is going well! Thought of something really funny but far too rude to post on here the other day when I was lying awake with jet-lag!

Don't stress too much, it'll happen (but oh how I know how much easier to say that is than to do it!)

Hope that Fynn is all better, big hugs to you all! A fabulous 2008 being wished your way!
cheers!
xoxoxoxo

Hi Paula,

Well done for getting back into the swing of things so quickly - and for all that gym work ( I am extremely impressed!?!).

I think I'm now at the stage where exercise is needed to kickstart that final push to target, but I can't do any :( I'm waiting to have my cruciate ligament sorted in February and haven't been able to do any sort of exercise since I ruptured it at the end of July! Am also extremely worried about how my diet will cope when I'm stuck at home for up to 3 months after the op :eek:

BUT....I'll keep reading your diary for inspiration :) and I'll have to see if I can find you on Facebook - am sure your pictures are fab!

Has school restarted again?

Take care,

Cate

Hi Cate!
Great to hear from you again! Hope that you had a fabulous Christmas and New Year and your journey to Germany was not too terrible. I'm guessing that you too are a teacher then?

Sorry to hear about your cruciate ligament, what is that by the way? Hope that it all gets sorted out for you soon anyhows.

Wow, you only have 9lbs to go! Are you still ss'ing? I can't wait to get there!

You can add me on facebook, my username is [email protected] , look forward to seeing your pics too!

Have a fab week Cate, I'm gonna go and have a look for your diary now.....

Hi there,

I don't post on your thread normally, but over Christmas I did a little lurking :eek: and realised the meaning behind your username. :eek:

What brought you out to Bejing? Do you like it? Would you ever come back to the UK?

Tah xxx

Hiya Cah-ching,
I do a lot of luking myself too, always say I'm gonna post and then never have the time!!!

I've lived in China for almost 10 years. I came out on a gap year after Uni, and loved it so much that I never went home! I've lived in a couple of places in China, teaching the whole time. Realised that I absolutely love kids and love working with them so studied Montessori pedogogy and moved to Beijing 5 years ago to work at the school that I'm currently working at.

I love Beijing, my husband is Chinese and I speak fluent Chinese so that helps a lot! I love my job and my life here in Beijing and I own property here in China so I have no plans to move back in the near future.

Why do you ask Cah-Ching? Are you thinking of travelling/moving to China?

WOW!!!! :wow: I didn't think it was possible for a Westerner to learn Mandarin or any language similar to that. Can you read it too? How long did it take to learn? I'm so impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm consdering travelling over that way later on in the year, but my mind hasn't been made up yet ... China is on my list of places to visit!

Hi Cate!
Great to hear from you again! Hope that you had a fabulous Christmas and New Year and your journey to Germany was not too terrible. I'm guessing that you too are a teacher then?

Sorry to hear about your cruciate ligament, what is that by the way? Hope that it all gets sorted out for you soon anyhows.

Wow, you only have 9lbs to go! Are you still ss'ing? I can't wait to get there!

You can add me on facebook, my username is [email protected] , look forward to seeing your pics too!

Have a fab week Cate, I'm gonna go and have a look for your diary now.....

I am a teacher, yes.....Head of Languages at an inner-city comp (so a much different school to yours, I'm sure!)

It's my anterior cruciate ligament....one of, I think, four in the knee - and it stabilises the knee joint. Don't know if you remember Michael Owen's knee injury in the last World Cup??? That's the same thing that happened to me :cry:....though not on the football pitch, mine happened getting back onto my motorbike, just 100 miles into our first ever European tour :(

Haven't been SSing for quite some time now, am on 1200ish at the moment - but haven't quite got my head around it yet - my husband's uncle has been in hospital since just before Christmas, so we've not been home much and I've just been trying to be as "good" as I can really. The weight loss has stopped though (though no gains), and I really want to lose those last 9lbs or more, so I have to get myself sorted!

Am looking forward to seeing your photos....you've done so well :)

No diary from me yet :eek: I fear it would just bore everyone rigid :rolleyes:

hello hello!
just popping by to catch up on your posts and to see how you are settling back into work, time zone, SS, etc.

i am going to attempt to have a nap now so i cant write much ((lurking is very popular around here these days, eh? hehehe))

but i will just say this:
head over to my diary...i have something brief to say!
;)

Again Ms. Candice, fabulous fabulous, fabulous!!! I'm so very excited for you all!!!

Cate - good to hear from you again, I admire, but don't envy you for the job that you do, especially if your school is anything like the comp that I went too, and you have kids like me there!!!
Thanks for explaining your injury, I really hope that gets sorted for you soon, physical injuries like this can really bring you down! Very funky story though, so much more interesting than 'oh, I had a few too many and fell off the curb outside the local!'

I've questioned myself a couple of times as to the bore factor of my diary, but when it comes down to it, it's there for me, and I need it to be useful. If others stop by, comment, find something interesting or even helpful, well all the better!!!

Hope that you are having a fabulous week!

Cah-Ching - My Mandarin, well, I'm still learning, (I suppose we do that even in English as well, I have my subscription to farlex - word a day!) I was pretty immersed in the language when I first arrived as there were very few westerners in my vicinity. I've always been fascinated by Chinese culture and Chinese people, and I've always made an effort to make friends with Chinese people and hang out in places where the number of Westerners is limited. Marrying my darling husband - who spoke no English when we met - gave me a huge push too.
My reading and writing, alas, is on a par with a 6 year old :cry:It's sometimes nice to be ignorant though!!!!

China really is a fabulous country with so much to see and do, a real eye-opener and a real cultural epicenter, you should come!

Tuesday, January 15th 2008 - My big brother Steven's 37th Birthday.

Had a hard job getting out of bed this morning, my alarm went off at 5:30am and I contemplated going back to bed for another hour. But I thought: if I go back to bed today, I'll probably do the same tomorrow. So I jumped up, pulled on my layers, put on my headphones, pressed shuffle and was delighted with U2's 'it's a Beautiful Day!' I love it when things like that happen. It started out quite gloomy, but with Bono in my ear, a spring came to my step and I bounded out to the lift and onwards for my morning walk!
Heating isn't working in my office, the accountants office and the school reception and with a high of -3 today, we were coooolllldd. Have a back up heater in my office but I rarely use it as it makes the air so dry and makes me feel so sleepy, but had no choice today as my new wardrobe was chosen for style and beauty as opposed to comfort and warmth!:eek: Have been feeling really sleepy and droopy eyed all day, but have had a very busy and productive day all the same.

I didn't go to the gym tonight though, had a very good workout last night and as I was feeling so tired, I didn't want to push it and ultimately turn myself against any form of exercise - again!

OK, almost 9pm, am gonna put the princess to bed, and very probably do the same for myself!

Hope you are all well!

Saturday already.
Have been busy all day as I was rudely awakened to the knowledge that I have an assignment that I haven't even started due in on Jan 31st. (Thought it was supposed to be in on February 13th!:sigh:)

Had a really cr@ppy day at work yesterday, things were going really well all week, and the morning was quite relaxed, but then when you think it's all going well, isn't that when the :hitthefan:. Didn't get home from work 'til 8:30pm last night after a horrible meeting with one of our campus teams, was feeling really hungry and upset and when I saw myself in the mirror, I'd actually and literally aged 10 years! I had the worst headache I can ever remember having, and feasted on Tofu and Chinese cabbage.....not much, and I only had 2 packs yesterday so I know it didn't take me out of ketosis and it could've been a lot worse as there was a huge bar of chocolate that was given to Eiriana the day before in the cupboard!

Me and Eiriana are going to see Cats tonight, so I hope that that will bring my mood up a little.

Weigh in tomorrow....fingers crossed

I wondered what had gone wrong yesterday, when I saw your updated profile on FB :( Sorry yesterday was a bad one - BUT today's a fresh one. Well done for keeping off the chocolate :) and good luck with the assignment :D

Cate x

Thanks Cate!

I am absolutely shattered this morning, didn't get to bed till gone 2 this morning - putting the World in it's place with hubby:rolleyes: - then Eiriana was wide awake at 8am - even after the very late night and all the excitement that she had at the theatre! Cats - mmmm, not too sure what the story-line was all about and gave up trying to make out what they were saying/singing, but really enjoyed the music and dancing.

Still feeling pretty grumpy, but I think that has more to do with tiredness now than anything else. Weigh in this morning 2 kgs down, pretty happy with that, I think....pretty good loss that I should be delighted with, just not in a very joyous mood I think:sigh::sigh:.

Hope you're all having wonderful weekends

Back