Total Solution The final countdown

Lara67

Today I have completed 14 days on exante total solution - with variety provided by the odd tesco ultraslim product.

I have thankfully now reached the stage where I am not hankering after real food the whole time and it has become part of my routine.

The only dark cloud on the horizon is that I am appalling at dealing with invitations to dinner/lunch. I know I should be honest but I am so ashamed that I let myself get this big that I find it really hard to be honest about having to resort to such extreme measures as a VLCD. It doesn't particularly help that most of my friends are super skinny, avid gym bunnies.

On the upside, I feel much calmer now that I am in control of my eating. The mood swings I experienced from overeating were horrific.

So.... about to go and meet a friend for coffee and then a banana milkshake for lunch later.

Hi

Hi, I am new to this -so hello! Do not be ashamed - I have less than 30lbs to lose and have chosen a LCD to do it. I could feel bad about that cos it's not very much to lose. But it is my body and my weight loss - by the way I feel great but only 5 days in! Simming World is a healthy plan but it allowed me to eat too much and tht is my problem. so now I have my replacement meal and quietly tell myself that I am doing this because I ate too much. Allthe best, Elaine

Elaine,
Good luck! I look forward to hearing about your progress.
I really need to reprogram the way I eat and not associate fun/treats with copious amount of booze and food. I am planning to reward myself with a non-food treat for every stone I lose. Think I may start with a facial and a new haircut!
When I was out today it was obvious that spring has sprung and soon there will be no more hiding under huge coats so am really glad that I have started and will be a "normal" weight by summer if all goes to plan!

Oh I'm exactly the same. I have only just 'come out' to a lot of my friends and most of my family still don't really know.

I feel the same as you that I've gotten to this awful point where i really NEED a vlcd and they don't even need a normal diet! ah

Oh well your losses in the last 2 weeks have been great so keep going and you'll be looking great in no time xx

Chazsucks - you are doing really well - won't be long until you're halfway. How have you found it?
As much as I dislike lying, I am tempted to say that I can't do dinner or lunch because I am doing diet chef. At least then I won't face a barrage of VLCD abuse! Off to the cinema with a friend tomorrow - another avoid food strategy!! It seems all my previous social life totally revolved around food aaarrrggh! Oddly I don't even miss it at the moment and don't even mind cooking for my husband and the kids.
I have been invited out on a karaoke night soon. With a voice like mine it will certainly be interesting to do it sober!!

Hi there Lara67. Im in my fourth week and im doing good so far. My losses are slow though.

There is no reason to be ashamed of your weight or your diet. Half those skinny folk are bulimic or alcoholics or smoke. You ate a bit much....thats all. Not a big deal. Be proud that you recognised that you needed to change and that you have taken effective steps to change. Then go to lunch and bring a veg soup in a flask and tell your friends that your doctor thinks you have a gluten intolerence and can only eat certain foods for a few weeks to see. There is no shame in keeping this a secret. Then you can put the weight loss gain down to gluten!!! Im telling everyone that i have a vitiman d deficiency and that i have started on supplements and that its given me way more energy and im losing weight.

Belle

Ha ha I may steal your idea Belle!
It's been a beautiful day today and although I have a very long way to go, I felt quite cheerful. It is such a relief to have started the weightloss journey. I can hardly believe it's already day 17. There are moments during the day when I do think about food but I just try to focus on the feeling of achievement when I wake up each morning having been good and with another day notched up!
My face and ankles definitely look noticeably thinner (it's just a shame about the big blubbery bit in between!)
Roll on day 18.

Friday looms again. Today is normally the day of the week which is always the most difficult because of the association with take aways, booze and "hurray it's the weekend time for a treat." Still feeling upbeat so it should not be a problem. Also my daughter is at a teen disco tonight so come 11.30 I will be driving to pick her up - certainly one way to stay on the straight and narrow.
I am going to try 1/2 a strawberry mixed with 1/2 a banana shake today - woohoo a weekend cocktail!
I tried some trousers on yesterday which were decidedly uncomfortable pre diet and they are bearable now. I may try and find a few mini target items to fit into in my wardrobe to hang up for motivation. I have sizes ranging from 10-20 - note to self - must stop hoarding!

Today I am down to 91.7 kg. I do weigh myself every day which I probably shouldn't but I am only updating my ticker and signature every week. I reckon I have 3 weeks to go until I am "overweight" and cannot wait - how sad that sounds wanting to be overweight but it's a lot better than obese!
I ordered a full sample pack from Slimandsave yesterday. I am quite happy to occasionally supplement Exante with products from other VLCDs. I am so excited about the thought of the meals - hope they are not disappointing. I tried a Biggest Loser shake and it was the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted.
For the past 2 days I have managed to wear long forgotten items from my wardrobe. It's such a boost to find that something fits once again. Roll on next week!

Hi, well done brilliant positive thinking. I'm on day 5 and feel good now. Went through a few.days of hell. Just had my breakie of porridge, bit sweet but it makes it feel a bit more normal for me. Like you can't wait to get smaller to fit into my size 14's, I have sooo many of them in my wardrobe!! Lol

Thanks for the messages Darcy and HMurphy.
Well I plucked up the courage to explore the far corners of my wardrobe this afternoon. I have decided to sort things into size piles and only have the stuff that actually fits me in there. There are going to be huge piles of stuff that is too small lying around for a while. Anyway will give me something to aim for as the smaller stuff is more expensive and nicer. It is ironic that I spent more money when I was smaller when I really needed all the help I could get with the bigger stuff!

Last edited:
Piles of clothes...now that sounds familiar!! I have loads of small cloths squeezed into the backs of cupboards and under the bed and a whole suitcase full of size 12's and 10's just waiting to be worn. My first weigh in on Wednesday to see how much I have lost in the first week...I can't wait. This is an exciting time for us all... :)

Just updated ticker - 1.6 kg (3.5 lbs) lost this week. I am very happy and so excited that I have 200 lbs in view - I should hopefully get under that dratted number next week.

Hi there Lara. I have clothes dating back to the 90s in bags! Sizes over the past 12 yrs range from size 8 to 24. I could open a shop!

You are doing so well. Its great to read a diary that feeds me with strength and determination. You're found the zone!!

Belle

I am still plugging away. Today is my 28th day at 100%. I may have to stop weighing myself daily as I am now often staying the same on a daily basis - quite natural I guess that the rate of weight loss has slowed down. Fairly sure it will be quite a modest loss this week but oddly it is not bothering me. I can tell I am in ketosis from the foul taste in my mouth each morning and I realise that there is no possible way that I am not losing weight on 1 bar and 2 sachets of powder a day! Oh and I am under 200 pounds (albeit very slightly) which is a great feeling. I have also gone from wearing a few dark coloured sacklike outfits in my wardrobe to a much more brightly coloured array of garments which now fit me again. Such a great feeling! Looking forward to updating my account with my new weight tomorrow!

So I lost 1.3 kg this week - 2.8 lbs. Am pleased with that as I was expecting a smaller loss after a lot of sts on the scales this week. I am now under 200 lbs and at 90 kg should get into the 80s next week. It is all these little achievements that matter rather than focusing on the huge amount of kgs still to go. I reckon it will take me 2-3 weeks to get into the "overweight" category which will be such a relief and a joy.
Time is no longer dragging on this diet and for anyone struggling - persevere because before you know it the weeks and pounds will have gone.
Tried on some clothes yesterday and a couple of dresses that were straining on the hips now fit. Very pleased with that as I always fear losing weight from the areas where I need it least - believe me my hips definitely need some shrinkage!

Hi Lara

Delighted to see you doing so well. I am about a stone heavier than you and its great to follow along in your wake. Keep it up and keep posting cos your diary is so positive and motivating.

Belle

Belle,

Ha ha - hopefully that wake is getting smaller! Broke through 90kg this morning - scales read 89.7. Once I get to the low 80s I start feeling half human again and not such a fat blob. It is funny how people carry their weight differently. I have a huge waistline which means I look fatter than people with hourglass figures who can look fabulous even when carrying a lot of extra weight. On the upside, being fairly tall helps a bit.

I am going to take my daughter shopping today and get a bit of exercise walking around. I need to start something more dramatic on the exercise front but may wait until the kids go back to school in 2 weeks before I start thudding around.
Don't want to frighten them!

Hi Lara, well done :) I can't wait to get under 200lbs xxxx

Back