The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

Gosh I am sooooo tired - show nerves taking it out of me!!! Good day at work, horses were superb and the only let down was the relentless rain - thank goodness for the indoor!!! My fellow Dukan buddy came over at lunch time and we had a lovely Dukan friendly feast and then I gave her a load of size 16 trousers that are now too big!!!!! Leaves me a bit depleted but more excuses to get shopping!!! Bought a pair of skinny jeans from Peacocks that are loose around the waist (size 16) but don't think I would get into their 14's yet!!! However the pair I bought from Sainsburys (again size 16) are massive - way way too big so they need to go back. Think it just depends where I get stuff from - defo a size 14 in M&S and my Mum always says they are true sizes!!!! Gosh I love fitting into smaller clothes - yahooooo could shout from the rooftops!!! Anyway back to my Dukan buddy - after an initial huge weight loss of 12lbs in attack she stalled and I saw a few things she was making mistakes with and she started to lose again only to stall again this week - but we have found the culprit - I was helping her load the car with clothes and saw some chicken in a pack on the front seat - yucky processed stuff with sugar and potato starch so I am sure that is why she is stalling - she had been eating shed loads of the stuff!!!! So fingers crossed she will be back to losing in no time. Got a nice review in the paper so that was nice...... Then someone commented to our front of house crew that they thought I was miming to a recording cos it was so lovely!!!! I said was his hearing aid switched off??????LOL..... Two nights done - another 3 nights and a matinee!!!! We used to do 11 performances but since the theatre increased their hire charge we had to cut back so now do 6 instead!!! Nice theatre though so can't complain!!!
Was supposed to do a PV day today but changed to a PP when I didn't have any veg for lunch and missed a proper dinner again - thank goodness for tofu creme and my trusty muffins. We are all having a meal at the theatre on Saturday so gonna do a PV day then and think I will be drinking just a tad on Sat night!!!!
So PP day
B - 2 muffins
L - salmon, prawns, chicken with Dukan BBQ sauce
D - 2 muffins with tofu creme

Wow Trudy - we have a star in our midst! I wonder whether you'd have been up to do this sort of thing 7.5 stone ago! Dukan really has changed your life! I wish we could hear you too... and interesting that your friend has been stalling having that stuff. I know new people argue with us when we suggest they stay away, but we really do know best ;) haaaa!

I take my hat off to you Trudy...

i only eat stuff like that in a real emergency LOL will probably end up with something from the supermarket this weekend as heading down the road for a few days to pick up a new car and do some clearing out of other house. we were supposed to be at the local point to point on saturday but its been cancelled due to the weather :( I look forward to that event all year LOL

Awwww thanks Jo and Sara, have always done Am Dram/singing even when I was huge but nice to be doing it alot thinner!!!!! Mind you my nuns habit doesn't exactly show alot of flesh!!! LOL! Sorry about your Point to Point being cancelled Ellie - will they re-schedule or only next year???? Bet you have a real laught there..... The rain has been pretty bad here so hoping that it's done for a bit or the river will start flooding!!! FUN! Still trying to get the accounts done but phone is ringing, the horses need working or simply I lose concentration!!! Gotta finish it today - bookeeper here in the morning!! I always promise to get it done week to week but always end up panicking at the end of a VAT quarter!!! Also year end - gosh it all comes around sooooo quickly! So here I am on MM not doing the accounts so back to work I go!!!

SO still got the accounts to finish but will have to wait for the morning!!!! Dad made an impromptu visit tonight so came to the show and loved it - felt it went well tonight for me - managed to sing the song without looking at the MD once!!! YAY!!! V V V tired still but sooo hard to come home and go straight to bed as adrenaline pumping so takes a wee while to unwind! two nights left and sat matinee!!! SOOO looking forward to going to the spa now for a bit of a refresh. Meeting up with the friend whilst I am there who introduced me to Dukan - she last saw me after I had been on the plan about a month/6weeks and had lost 2 stone - will be nice to see what she thinks!!!!
Another PP day - none of these are intentional - just not been having dinner cos of the show and even struggling to eat my muffins!!! (that is almost unheard of)
B - 2 muffins
L - chicken with Dukan bbq sauce
D - 2 muffins/ tofu creme

But Trudy everything thats happening your still on plan....amazing. would love to see your friend face when she sees you, bet you want to give her megga mwwwa for introducing you to Dukan. good luck with the book keeping, one thing I couldn't master, hated it xxx

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when your friend sees you :D not long to go with the show then it's spa time xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sooooooo, another day done - tonight went okay - made a few schoolboy errors - the best one is when Maria went to kiss my hand and I realised it was the wrong hand so snatched it away - said ooooppps and gave her the correct hand - why oh why!!! LOL!!!! Throat still sore and v v v tired - sounding like a broken record I know - just hope the real disaster cold stays away till Sunday!!! Did alright with my food today until chinese tonight but don't feel too bad as not the end of the world!!! Stuck to protein and no veg - had king prawn foo yung and beef satay - must admit I did have some of the sauce but couldn't eat even half of the meal so stopped before I made myself ill!!! My Mum and sister here for last night tomorrow - looking forward to seeing them both! My sister hasn't seen me at all since I started losing weight so hope she is gobsmacked!!!!
Missed out on my oat bran today as forgot to take my muffins to the theatre - annoying.com!!!
So another PP day
B - chicken
L - chicken with Dukan BBQ sauce
D - prawn foo yung, beef satay
Tummy is gurgling soooo much right now - not used to late eating!!! Sure there was a bit of sugar in the sauce - mind you wasn't very oily or thick so could have been worse!!!

Trudy sounds like your 'cheat' was the sensible option. Nobody would have noticed the hand change x your sister is in for the shock of her life when she sees you, if she doesnt see you before the show shell be shocked, whem she sees you after with your habit off WOW. Fingers crossed that threatening cold stay away just one more day xxx

Hi T just catching up with everyone's week while ive been awol - and what a week your having .......... takes some guts to get on a stage let alone sing your heart out. Something I could not do even if I could sing ............. Your Mum and Sis will be so proud. Fantastic ......... Oh and dont worry about the chinese it will be fine next week will be a much easier week although it might not be for our super charged busy Trudy xxx

Wow Trudy what a week you're having :) we are so lucky having our very own superstar in our midsts. What a compliment though that they thought you were miming, you must have been very good :)

Trudy I need some advice on your flan recipe, made it today & it's a bit soggy so I'm guessing I've put too much liquidy stuff in. I used 100g extra light Philly & half a tub of quark & 2 eggs. Is that right ?

I did bake if for 30mins although the cooker hadn't quite got to the right temp before I bunged it in so it could be that ?

Wow Trudy what a week you're having :) we are so lucky having our very own superstar in our midsts. What a compliment though that they thought you were miming, you must have been very good :)

Trudy I need some advice on your flan recipe, made it today & it's a bit soggy so I'm guessing I've put too much liquidy stuff in. I used 100g extra light Philly & half a tub of quark & 2 eggs. Is that right ?

I did bake if for 30mins although the cooker hadn't quite got to the right temp before I bunged it in so it could be that ?
Hi Jo-jo
Think you may have used a bit too much philly - I use two tablespoons of quark, 2 eggs and about 30 gms of philly - also I think I cook it for maybe 45 mins - well actually what I do is cook it and then leave it in the oven turned off until cooled and then slice it and put it in the fridge..... Hope that helps x

So a fab, fab, fab day and wonderful end to the show week..........busy day started with my turning off my alarm and therefore running a little late - oops!!!! Gathered myself together and remembered to pick up the lorry ready for Monday - that would have been a bit of a disaster if I had forgotten then managed to get the horses worked by 12.30 - a quick shower and off to the theatre for the matinee which went really well - it was sold out and there were lots of kids in the audience so we had the usual thing of people helping us sing the songs etc!!!! Finished up at 5.30 and met up with Mum and sis in the bar to have dinner - my sis was blown away and said I looked 'hot'!!! LOL! Had chicken and broccoli for dinner but something messed up my tummy as I was in a wee bit of pain after - not fun!!! Really wanted the last night to be cool for my Mum and thank goodness it was amazing!!!! Had sooooo many compliments and made a lot of people cry!!!! YAHOOOO!!! Was an amazing feeling and I was sooooo happy to have pulled it out of the bag for my family! Anyway enough of that........... Was gonna have a sneaky vodka tonight but wasn't in the mood in the end and had to drive anyway so that saved me a cheat!!!!
Another good food day in general though didn't eat a lot to be fair........... even remembered to take my muffins.
PV day
B - 2 muffins
L - not a lot
D - chicken with broccoli/ 2 muffins
Picking up Ben tomorrow morning and got a couple of hours at work before spending the day with my sis and Mum and of course Ben!!! Will head to a nice pub for lunch - defo gonna have a PV day - excited.com!

Trudy congratulation on the success of the show, you sounded like you've had an amazing Week. You must have a beautiful voice the comments you've received this week and I nearly cried reading how well you've done,( yes I'm a crier ) and hey Trudy what a compliment for your sis........a hottie, get you.....love it.xxx have a fabulous day with ben,mum and sis enjoy your lunch, well deserved xxx

Last edited:
Thanks Siddid - it was an awesome, awesome evening!!!! Decided to weigh in a day early this week as away at the crack of dawn to Newmarket tomorrow and have lost another 3 lbs - now into the 11's!!!!!!!! I am one happy, happy bunny!!!! YAHOOOOOOOO - lovin life and Dukan!!!! A wee bit tired though!

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh
Well done 3lb god that's massive, and in the next stone barrrier 11st...something yeeeaaaaahhhh *big hug* fantastic, you sound so chuffed xxx your defo having a fantastic day now!

A lovely day to look forward to with 3 VIP's and 3 lb lighter - bloody fantastic I say .............. super T triumphs again - LOL enjoy the pampering :)

Firstly a massive well done Trudy for your loss this week, that's blooming fantastic !!!!!!! You have done so well & are inspirational !!

Thanks for the advice on the flan, I'll adjust my recipe & try it again :)

Hope you're having a fab day, it's absolutely tipping it down here x

Back