The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

Hope all goes well with your show this weekend :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Today was a good day until this evening when I did have a little deviation of plan!!!!! Did the food shopping for the show and bought myself turkey/salmon/cottage cheese and balsamic vinegar to have with some ff yoghurt to follow!!! Others are having BNS soup (has potato in it so no go!!)/ roast pepper tartlets/ salad/ olives etc followed by mixed berries and ginger greek yoghurt all washed down with smoothies!!! Didn't bother me at all buying for others - so hopefully back in the right mind set!!! Well for now at least! Busy again at work! For some reason I have gotten tennis elbow on my right side now which is annoying - physio coming to see me on Tues - he says problem is probably in my neck as now both sides are affected so hope he can fix it!!!! Not able to do some stuff which is annoying - you take everything for granted till you can't do it - mind you I think my body is still adjusting to being nearly 8 stone lighter so gotta take that into account.....
One of my girls leaves tomorrow - going to miss her a lot - but old girl coming back on Tues which I think will be nice...... Lucky to have such lovely gals to work with!
So PV day today
B - 2 muffins
L - chicken/ BNS and celeriac cottage pie
D - chicken and salad and yoghurt dressing/ 2 muffins/ 2 vodkas and diet coke!!!!!!
Watched the movie One Day - very sad and defo a chick flick - Mum said book was better but yet to read it so can't say - still have two more DVD's to watch before Monday as wasn't sure what the girls had seen so hedged my bets with Sherlock Holmes and The Inbetweeners too!

OUCH!! hope ur tennis elbow goes away soon ;-( U certainly have alot going on at the mo, just remember YOU lost the weight YOU r in control YOU still are :) as soon as negative stuff comes in ur head, make it a positive, good luck with ur show :)

The concert went well, we got a drenching though in the rain. Got another one this weekend in North Wales, should be good!!

I know how you feel about the tennis elbow ive had that too!! came from a shoulder injury from mountain biking. The ache in your arm is horrible. Ended up having a cortisone injection in my shoulder and anti-inflammatory meds.

You have done amazingly with the weight loss, 8 stone!! brilliant!! Cx

Ah glad it went well - good luck for next week - we have another one in the same venue with the same songs so hope the audience are new!!! LOL.... Just got back from a concert where a friend was performing - v v good and now gonna watch Sherlock Holmes before getting some sleep - watched the Inbetweeners at lunch time - v funny!!!!
All ready for the show tomorrow - made a batch of muffins and some tofu creme to take so prepared food wise too. Hope it goes okay - always a bit ropey at the first one of the season!!!
Ben away for the weekend and having a blast - coming back tomorrow - missing the little squirt !!!! Don't think he is missing me though!!! LOL!
So PP day
B - 2 muffins
L - ham omelette
D - thai red chicken curry/ 2 muffins/ rhubarb/ tofu creme

A good day under my belt - so far fairly happy with this week - hope the scales agree on MOnday though must take the two vodkas into account!!!! We will see!!!

The concert next is a bit of a mystery, not sure where it is or what we are singing and knowing my luck with terrible sense of direction ill probably end up driving round like a mad woman, May have to get OH to be my chauffeur for the night.

i made that tofu cream, wasnt very nice i wonder if did something wrong, it was very grainy and had a strange after taste i even put some LFchoc powder in to try and disguise it. OH like it so he finished it off.

Hope you get success at the scales tomorrow! Cx

Grainy??? Hmmmm, usually v v smooth.. Did you have the right tofu???? Silken one???? I always do mine in the blender and it is amazing!!! Especially with rhubarb!

i think it may have been the firm one it was the only one they had in Sainsburys at the time, but maybe i need to get the silken one next time to try i do like rhubarb too. My food processor is in the back of the cupboard, i think i need to retrieve that too lol Cx

Trudy fingers crossed for your weigh in good luck for tomorrow xxx

how did show go ??

So early start to the day, up at 5.30 to get the horses ready.... Worked everything else and gave a couple of lessons before we left so that was good.....Show was okay - won the first class then reserve champion and then came last in our next class - that is showing for you!!!! Horse was okay - could have been a lot worse and could have been better but hey ho!!! Gonna try and take him to another show next Sunday if the entries haven't closed as I think the outing will be good for him.. A few people who haven't seen me since I started Dukan were sweet about my weight loss - that was nice!!!! WI tomorrow so hope I have lost some!
PP day today
B - 2 muffins
L - salmon/turkey/cottage cheese/ balsamic vinegar
S - rhubarb and tofu creme
D - chicken thai red curry with quark/ 2 muffins with a bit of tofu creme

Wasn't tempted at all by lunch though I did have a bit of a mouth water at the houmous and tortilla chips!!!!! LOL Day off tomorrow - Ben off to Pre-school for the morning so gonna have a lazy time and then take one of my friends to town for a bit and then head to Play Planet with Ben - gotta do a bit of shopping but not too much - must try to remember to get some asparagus!!

Glad you're feeling brighter Trudy... another tennis elbow sufferer here. (Physio, cortisone, you name it, I had it when younger, ending up having both elbows operated on - about 30 years ago when they thought it would help... nah!) To this day, if I carry a heavy bag, my muscles ache (ok that has its advantages - I simply don't do carrying!!.

;)

That sounds like a plan Maintainer!!!! Just won't carry anything!!!! Mind you I hope that the physio may be able to help as he thinks the problem is in my neck as both elbows now affected!!!! We will see!
So a pound off this week which is fine -I expect the scales to slow down and all I need to remind myself is that I am travelling on past the TW Dr Dukan set me so it's bound to!!!
Ben still sleeping so must have been worn out from the weekend - better get moving and get this day on the road!

a lb is good :D onwards and downwards :D

i got asparagus yesterday... never had it before as the price outs me off lol... not sure its a good idea to eat it with this infection though :rolleyes:

Go to the old doc Ellie if your still wincing!!!!

im just waiting on the surgery opening to ring them

Good glad your going!!! Forgot to say not going to Highland this year - judge yesterday placed us last - cos the boy dished - he's a driving horse not an in hand horse so just not worth going all the way to be bottom of the line regardless of what we do soooo - we don't get to meet this year Ellie unless your gonna go to Border Union which is a lovely show but maybe a bit far?? Tablet cheesecake will have to wait another year - gutted!!!:wave_cry:

oh no :( i doubt we will be at border union as its quite a distance from us and we will just have gotten back from our holidays the week before ... infact we have our local agricultural show up here the weekend we get home that we are going to LOL

A nice day off today, dropped Ben a pre school and then came home, watched the rest of Sherlock Holmes which really wasn't my cup of tea!!! Had a quick bath and decided to give my new white jeans an outing - good choice as got lots of compliments on my outfit!!! Took one of our friends who is poorly to town and bought him home before heading back to town for lunch!!! Ended up at Sainsburys and ordered lunch and then Ben needed the toilet so I left our drinks and food number on the table and whizzed him to the toilet only to find our drinks etc had been cleared when we got back to the table - nice people re-did our drinks and didn't even swear when I had to get them to re-do the coffee as they had used full milk instead of skimmed - 10 out of 10 for sainsburys...... Headed into town for a quick shop and then to Play Planet for Ben - got home just after six - Ben was wiped out and has gone straight to sleep!!!
Tried on an outfit in Peacocks today which was lovely but they only had the jacket in a 16 or a 12 and one was too big and the other too small - annoying.com but nice to put on - it looked good!!!
As you guys know I have been struggling a wee bit recently with Dukan - have been thinking more and more about going onto conso - going to give it serious thought over the next week or so and make a plan - really would rather do that than risk breaking the plan completely....... I am v v happy to be a size 14 and whilst I would like to weigh less I would be content to be here - so some thinking to be done!!!!
Today I have as usual eaten loads being my day and a PV day:-
B - 2 muffins/ tofu creme and rhubarb
L - small amount BNS cottage pie/half chicken and salad
D - chicken and salad/ 2 muffins/caramel sauce/sugar free meringue

As I said I went to Sainsburys for lunch planning to have their omelette but annoyingly they have changed their menu and it no longer exists, v annoying as I have enjoyed that dish most Monday's for the last 9 months!!!!!!! So had to half a half chicken and salad which came with chips and bbq sauce which I hastily gave to Ben!!! Chicken was dry, dry, dry but hey ho!!!!

Back