The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

I tried the mince flan and it's a resounding success. Much more flavoursome than the usual meatloaf recipe I use. That'll be a weekly packed lunch staple for me now.

Another busy day at the farm and forgot to take our lorry to the horse box people to repair the tow bar so had to rush there at 4pm this afternoon then my boss drove at a rate of knots back to home to pick up Ben on time which was a bit scary!! We weren't late though - mind you I did keep saying better late than never!!!! LOL - got my heart rate up. Horses pretty good today and although the weather was much colder today the sun this afternoon warmed things up a bit so we decided to go ahead with the BBQ!!! It was nice and early and Ben thought Christmas had come early - think he is a bit tired this week as totally in overdrive! Didn't help that pre-school finished today so they had more chocolate!! He had fun tho!
PV day today but really didn't make the most of it but hey ho!!!!
B - 2 muffins
L - beef with cabbage and carrot
D - bbq'd fillet steak with paprika prawns/ 2 muffins AND a vodka and diet coke - ooooopppppppps!!!! LOL

Really wanted to have some of the steak the girls were having marinaded in BBQ sauce but main ingredient was sugar!!!! And they had the toasted cheese sandwiches - made one for Ben who turned his nose up - gosh I wanted to eat it but managed to avoid it......
Just making the Tofu Yoghurt cake so will see how that turns out!!! Just about ready now s

Tofu yogurt cake? Is this one of your concoctions or is it on the recipie thread....sounds lush x

Found it on the recipe thread - really not sure what it is gonna be like - in the oven at the moment - posted by Maintainer - suggested an 8" silicone mould but I don't have one so using muffin moulds!!!! They look odd but smell nice!!! Really can't imagine how they will taste!!! Also had no mullerlight or lemon yoghurt so used Total 0% and vanilla essence and orange flavouring so hope it will be okay - will let you know when I have tried them!! LOL!

Yes please keep me informed x

let us know how they taste... not that its any good to me untill i get more tofu lol

Trudys gone quiet hope it wasn't a disaster and shes shut in the loo ;-)

or the 1 vodka turned into a bottle...... no hang on thats just me :p

Hahahaha :)

Ha, ha v funny gals!!! Chris is right, busy with the neds!!! Tofu Yoghurt cake - hmmmm not sure, cooked it as detailed - but was a bit tipsy so maybe not and the only way to describe it is wet which not sure a cake should ever be wet!!! LOL. They are sat in the fridge at the moment so I think I am gonna put them in the oven again on a low heat and see if I can dry them up a bit - I think if they were a dry texture then it might be okay - a bit liked baked cheesecake but wet it's just plain odd!!! LOL! BTW - no hangover this morning - and slept like a log!!! Must have been the mint imperials last time that gave me such a bad headache - love it that Dukan makes you pay for any misdemeanor by making you feel so rubbish!!! Good plan stan!

umm dont fancy wet cake ugh try the dessert then - no room in the fridge so will have a go on Monday when the gannets of my family have eaten everything

Busy day at work, even bought some work into the house tonight!!! Not got round to it yet, two busy eating and on the computer and watching the voice and BGT!!! Well I suppose I am multi tasking........... Will get round to it later I am sure!!!!
PP day and rather uninspiring!!!!
B - 2 muffins
L - mince flan/ dukan BBQ sauce
D - chicken with paprika/ 2 muffins and Dukan custard

Might try one of my twice baked tofu cakes!!!! They seem a bit dryer so will let you know the verdict! Had a wobbly moment today with our caretakers birthday cake - gave Ben the three packs of sweets to decorate the cake and OMG I wanted to eat the whole blimmin thing sooooo much - not felt like that for quite a while - really hope that I don't cave tomorrow and have a slice - mind you I would have to kill my staff first as they won't let me cheat!!!! LOL!

yummm cake :D... im starting to feel peckish... i may go make a pancake ....a dukan one of course :p

im gonna make the BBQ sauce tommorrow but dont have red wine vinegar... will balsamic do ??

probably as it's only a dash but red wine vinegar ideally so might be worth adding to your shopping list if you like the sauce!!!

Well last night I was messing around on my computer and had a look at an ideal weight chart and was delighted to see that I am now only overweight, not obese or very obese which I was when I started Dukan - can't wait to be a healthy weight which honestly I don't think I have been since I was 16!!!! That will be a celebration!!
Completely forgot about my twice baked tofu cakes so they have been sat in the oven all night - not my best cooking success!!

so they are now overcooked baked rock tofu cakes ? :D

no still 'damp' so did them again this afternoon so will have the final verdict tonight! LOLOL. Just been to our caretakers birthday lunch and had to sit with my salmon and boiled eggs whilst everyone else tucked into every imaginable delight!!!! GRRRRRR couldn't even have some salad as a PP day!!! This is when Dukan is tough!!! Also feel a bit sick now - not nice! Still got the 2nd birthday cake to get through - mind you if I am still feeling sick then that won't be too hard. LOL

3 times baked tofu cakes? verdict later please - wonder what else you can make with silken, personally I think the block tofu should go straight into the bin - yuk

Back