The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

So today my blood pressure was probably through the roof - so much for relaxing spa!!! Said boss is driving me nuts - we have been invited to participate in our towns Jubilee celebrations and that is all great - however my boss, who is an artist, is going OTT in every department about it and just won't listen to reason - GRRRRR - it is great to have all these amazing plans but muggins here has to make them reality and horses don't always get that concept!!!! Then one of my lovely girls said she thinks she is leaving - can't blame her and she did ask my advice and of course I could only agree that the new job she has been offered ticks all the boxes of what she would hope for - gonna miss her lots though and hate hiring new staff - don't really like change..... Then I got stuck in Friday night traffic stressing about missing the banks - the whole point of driving to town and also realised I had forgotten the insurance cert to do the car tax that is overdue which was the other reason for going!!! As it was made the banks and managed to do the tax disc online!!!! I need stress management - got out of practice during the winter months!!! LOL!
Saw the doc about tummy tuck and he agrees there is a problem and was over the moon with my weight loss which was nice - he is a great doc and wrote a really good letter to the panel asking for me to be considered - said if that was turned down he would approach the named panel and try that way which at least means there is hope - did weigh a kilo heavier on his scales which I hope was down to the scales and not that I have actually put on weight - we will see on Monday after my run of FIVE flippin PP days!!! He decided I should have my thyroid re-checked especially after the weight loss and I proceeded to say that nurses were much better at taking blood at which point he couldn't find the vein and gave me a lovely bruise on my arm - that will teach me!!! LOL! He did comment that all the weight loss can make the veins move around - yeah right!!!
Anyway - a v tired bunny, rode three horses today and all of them hard work but good, so gonna get an early night -
PP day-
B - 1 muffin
L - turkey/ 1 muffin
D - chicken with dukan BBQ sauce/ mince flan/ 2 muffins

A good PP day today I think!

fingers crossed for you :) and dont worry about what the docs scales say as you will have been weighed at a different time of the day fully clothed etc ;)

Hope you get the go ahead for a tummy tuck. You have done sooooo well Trudy. A friend of mine couldn't cope after she lost 10st with the skin hanging, she said it depressed her more than being fat so put the weight back on !

Trudy hope the op is approved, girl I 'know' got one, cried like a baby at the doctors (all planned) to say it was affecting her mental state.....she got one. (awful girl). She also got a free bust reorgmentation you know I can't spell.....some people get everything, shy kids get nowt.....

You're right Sid, as the old adage goes "you don't ask, you don't get ..."

Fingers cross, Trudy

xxx

Sooo agree with you Siddid - you gotta be pushy, but I won't lie about it - the ONLY reason I want this done is so I don't get so sore etc - not looking for a bikini bod!!!! We will see what they say!
So horses really good today - finished late for lunch and then my boss asked if I wanted to go and see his exhibition so grabbed some meat and a muffin threw some smart clothes on and jumped in the car - 26 miles later of winding country lanes I was ready to throw up!!! His exhibition of photographs from the North look amazing and the setting is unbelievable but defo in the middle of nowhere so not sure how many people will see it which is a shame!
Got back to a poorly foal with a bad eye - he didn't take kindly to me looking at it and then putting some cream in it - hopefully it will be better by night time or we will have to call the vet!!! Can't mess around with eyes!
Finally had some rhubarb on Dukan and omg I have been missing out - totally amazing........ Didn't have a lot as a PP day but think we can have 100gms right????
Soooooo eaten a lot today:-

B - 2 muffins
L - turkey/1 muffin
D - mince flan/ chicken with dukan BBQ sauce/ tofu creme/ rhubarb/ 1 muffin

The tofu creme and rhubarb was simply awesome!!! LOVED it!

trudyc, crikey I am exhausted just reading ur last few posts! All that riding and running around, u must be tired!?! I need to go find some rhubarb, whats tofu creme? I bought some tofu, not silken, just plain tofu not idea what to do with it lol. My mate had tummy tuck after multiple pregnancies, then twins,left a huge overhang, what a difference it made, I went to see her after (in bupa) I had to leave, made her laugh so much and it was a bit sore to laugh, she had just had the procedure. She made good recovery, and her tummy is lovely and flat still ;-)

Trudy....shocked you've not been indulging in the partaking of rhubard.....isit it lush! I feel as if its a naughty treat, love,love,love it havw a great Dukan Sunday xxx

Definitely agree with Sid - how have you not had rhubarb? Huge bowl of it with some yoghurt and I feel like I'm having something naughty! 100g PP any amount PV AND it's great for transit :). Keep meaning to make ramekins of rhubarb and ginger oatbran crumble - would make a great pudding. Rhubarb and orange zest as well. And makes lovely muffins for PP days. Asda frozen is often available here and I buy fresh in my local wholefoods/organic shop. Nom, nom,nom.
Can you tell I like the rhubarb? :D
Hope foal is feeling better today.

trudyc, crikey I am exhausted just reading ur last few posts! All that riding and running around, u must be tired!?! I need to go find some rhubarb, whats tofu creme? I bought some tofu, not silken, just plain tofu not idea what to do with it lol. My mate had tummy tuck after multiple pregnancies, then twins,left a huge overhang, what a difference it made, I went to see her after (in bupa) I had to leave, made her laugh so much and it was a bit sore to laugh, she had just had the procedure. She made good recovery, and her tummy is lovely and flat still ;-)

Kirsty, you need the silken tofu to make tofu creme but it is delicious and well well worth getting in!! Amazing with the said rhubarb!

Recipe is simple:-
1 pack Silken Tofu (sainsburys and asda do it)
3 tablespoons of fromage frai or quark
3 tablespoons sweetner
good squirt of vanilla essence
Just mix it all together with a blender till really smooth and chill! AMAZIN! Don't forget to pat the tofu dry before you use it!!! x

bloomin heck trudy... first lot of rhubarb... youve been missing out :p

I know girls literally can't wait to have more tonight and on my PV day tomorrow I will be filling my boots and may even bake my next batch of muffins with it!!! Won't miss out any longer!!! Rhubarb and ginger - yum yum double yum!!! Said foals eye looks GREAT this morning so have turned him back out for the day and hopefully it will stay good!! Always cautious with eyes - one time our girls missed a yearling with a nasty eye ulcer and he nearly lost the eye - spent four weeks at the vets have antibiotics put in and lordy it was scary and soooo painful for him.... When we saw it I don't know how they could have missed it - the whole eye was cloudy white and nearly closed up!! Poor baby! ......We all learned a lesson that day! The sun is shining here today and the horses are feeling v jolly - just sent the boss out with a new pair, our old stallion and a former broodmare - hope he doesn't think he can cover her!!!! LOL! Last day of work for the week and I am looking forward to my day off with Ben! Need to go and get fitted for new bras as boobs shrinking and bra looking empty!! LOL Going from 44DD to probably 36/38 is a good feeling but miss my bouncing baps!!! LOL! More like shrivelled pears now!!!

Hi Trudy,
Just caught up with the last few pages of your diary - you've done amazingly well with all your being busy-ness over the last couple of weeks! And losing weight and fitting into 14s at the same time....hats off to you!

Could I ask - how do you make mince flan please? I've seen lots of references to it but can't see a recipe anywhere. Ta muchly!

Thanks milton!
Said recipe is:-
1 pack extra lean mince
2 eggs
1 dollop of philly extra lite
1 dollop of yoghurt/fromage frai or quark
1 heaped teaspoon of cinnamon
garlic/onion granules/chilli to your taste
1 squirt of tomato puree

Dry fry mince and add onion/garlic/cinnamon/chilli till browned off and then squirt in tomato puree. Beat eggs then add yoghurt/philly and beat till smooth. Take mince off heat and let cool a tad then stir in eggs etc and empty into a pyrex dish and bake in oven for about 45 mins at 180.... I leave it to cool in there and then slice it up and pop in a tupperware and keep in the fridge till needed. Great hot or cold!!!

Had a good day today - horses were good and was lovely to spend time with one of my old staff - we rode out together and she kept saying she could not believe how skinny I was!!!! Then she rode some of my other horses and really enjoyed herself! Weather was lovely, fresh and sunny which was bliss after the rain....... Boss offered to pick Ben up so I curled up on the sofa with a book for a quiet 30 mins which was lovely..... Ben was fast asleep when he got back so woke him up and played/read stories till Daddy got home when everything went crazy for a while!!!! Just gone to bed now and peace reigns with BGT!!! Tomorrow we will go shopping for a bit - need to replace one of Ben's beloved toys that got broken today in the fun and then see where the day leads us - the weather is supposed to be awful so we will see!
My run of five PP days comes to a end today thank goodness - been missing my veggies a bit today - mind you the rhubarb was amazing again!!! Gonna make some rhubarb and ginger muffins tonight ready for tomorrow!!!! YUM, YUM!!!! Was glancing at the live chat on the official site today and just found out that you can have three of the oat bran biscuits as a tolerated item AND your 2 tablespoons of oat bran - bargain - gonna be having that at some point!!!! Muchly excited!
WI tomorrow and as I said earlier, really hope the doc scales were wrong - hard to know what they will show as don't feel lighter or heavier but we will see - a STS will be bearable but will struggle with a gain - know weight loss bound to slow towards the end and after nearly 8 stone lost but it is hard to face - need to take a leaf out of ChrisR book and be as stoic as she is about it - man up Trude!!!!
Anyway PP day
B - 2 muffins
L - mince flan/ beef
D - tofu creme/rhubarb/2 muffins and may have some meat later but bad planning means nothing to hand!!!!

Thank you for the mention T Im not always stoic but do try to be exceptionally positive - its the only way for me but by the eck Trudy 8 stone loss you are entitled to feel a bit off if it doesnt go to plan - YOU ARE A DUKAN MARVEL :D

8 stone is a a fantastic loss, 8 stone flippin ell, Trudy I bow at your feet xxx lol I can only imagine how you feel xxx :cool:

Back