The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

HMMMMM Don't think our village is ready for that!!!! LOL Nor am I to be honest!!!
Menu today - feeling much better and ready for dinner!
B - rhubarb clafoutis and wee bit left over custard
L - two chicken breasts and sweet chilli sauce
D - broccoli/chicken/bacon with cheese sauce/swede and carrot/ 3 lemon muffins
So half PV/Conso day and totally happy with that!
On on, lets hope....... drinking tomorrow night!

Thought not xxx great menu Trudy.

Trudy, I feel guilty that I haven't been around to support you more. Struggling with your eating every single day is not the way forward. I totally agree with Maintainer though, you should change your stats to reflect the true situation - they might not be the lowest you've ever 'achieved' but they're real and maybe you need to be realistic about where you can stabilise. Did you not revise your tw downwards several times when you were losing? If you're ever to stop struggling, you need to find a weight that your body will accept. Willpower comes in when you're resisting the habits/responses that got you to the heaviest you were. You're a much healthier weight now and you've learnt loads about healthy eating - these are the important things. And yes, of course, we should break some rules over Christmas - Christmas pud and brandy butter are to be enjoyed no matter what - but it shouldn't be all or nothing, all then normal is the way forward. Happy Christmas Trudy, and here's to a fit and healthy new year! xxx

Oh bless you Sara, thank you for thinking of me when I know you have so much on your own plate...... Your words make a lot of sense but I am just not ready to face the scales at the moment.... I know that if it is awful I will abandon ship until the New Year and subsequently put on a shed load of weight...... Just plodding along atm is going to have to do for now.... I know that I need to deal with my binging at some point and try to work out why I do it especially when it makes me totally miserable!!!!!! I have been a serious yo yo dieter all my life, always being able to achieve huge weight loss but never managing to maintain it so I know it's a bit of a broken record..... BUT I also know that I don't have it in me to do it all over again from 20 stone!!! Dukan is the first diet I have done that has made me think about 'maintaining' so fingers crossed..... I am proud that I am not totally burying my head in the sand... Normally once I go off the rails I keep going until all the weight and more is back - this time I am catching myself and determined not to go that route!!! Weigh in will happen just not right now!!! Also you are right I did change my TW from the 12 stone set by Dr D to one I felt was more appropriate, 10 st 10lbs because I did not want to be in the overweight category and at Dr D's weight I would be!!! Oh sounding very swings and roundabouts!!
On a lighter note my dinner this evening was totally delicious and I could have eaten it all over again and again and had to fight myself to put the other half in a tupperware dish for tomorrow! Also latest batch of muffins came out lovely!!!!

You see, I never do that! If it's Dukan-friendly I eat as much of it as I want. I deal with my eating demons by bingeing on permitted foods (including only conso-permitted ones). I totally hear what you're saying, though. Whatever keeps the brake half-on, in these difficult times.

In the new year, I really do think you should keep Dr Dukan's tw figure as your glass ceiling, and not try to get back down to the lightest you've ever been. You will learn far more about what is fine, what makes you gain, and the role exercise can play if you have that sort of leeway. I look forward to consolidating with you from January on xxx

Oh boy soooo glad I left half of the chicken bake from last night for today............. Looking forward to lunch muchly!!! Ahhhh little things! LOLx

soundslovely may do that later xx

Is it party night tonight???? If it is have a fantastic time xxx

So last night was good fun, needless to say I ate naughty food and sweets but I wouldn't say I went mad and ate everything in sight..... Did drink vodka and diet coke but hey ho! Back to Dukan for today as we have our office party tomorrow and I fear it will not be pretty!!!! SOOOOOO doing Dukan while I can and then not worrying about it..... have friends for dinner tonight but sticking to Dukan with steak.... .Did a conso day today but again better than a binge!!!
B - 2 muffins
L- ham/cheese mustard sandwich
D - steak/ swede and carrot and mushroom and onion sauce/ 2 muffins
Burnt a shed load of calories today working on the yard and may have a two mile hike later if the river is coming up too much which I have a feeling it will!!! Oh what fun! Mucked out 11 stables and got them all ready to work, worked them then rode out..... My back is sore simply not used to it any more!!! LOL!

Oh don't make me jealous P!!!! When I saw your status on FB 'watching films' I did have a green hulk moment! LOL
Just heading off down the fields to get the horses in as the river is going to flood - oh what fun - tis pitch black and raining!!!! Then a shower and bed me thinks!!!
Dinner was awesome!!!!

Pleased dinner was awsome as getting the horses in sounds like a bloody hard job xxx

Sooooo yesterday was a complete and utter write off!!! Client arrived with all butter shortbread about 11.30 and from then on it was downhill all the way!!! Had a few chocs on our way to pizza hut, drank wine, ate pizza and all the trimmings and shared dessert!!! Then out for a few more drinks then home to more choc, left over pizza and a few bits!!! OH DEAR!!!! Feel bloated this morning - URGH!!!!! Bread or bread products are the very devil!!! LOL! Long drive home today after work..... hope the flooding doesn't cause too much chaos!!! Merry Christmas all my lovely MM friends, love being skinnier this Christmas but especially looking forward to a good run of Dukan after the festive season!!! x

Merry Christmas and a Merry New year ;-) xx

Just catching up T & I feel your pain although I gave up a few weeks back. Try not to beat yourself up too much it's a terrible time if year to avoid all the junk food, alcohol etc........ Xx

Well sort of Mrs R - back on the bandwagon today - horrendous five days of blatant binging! Didn't really enjoy it and HATE the fact that all of my clothes are too small and everyone has commented on my weight gain so it is fairly noticable..... All of them are telling me cos they love me and don't want me to go down the slippery slope...... SOOOOOO back on it with a vengence. Well that is the plan any how!!!! Lovely to see you back with us Mrs R...... Lets get this show on the road..... x

At first I thought how mean of people to say they can notice you've put on weight but after thinking about it what great friends they really are. Some would say it behind your back, well done you for getting back on track though T xx

First Dukan meal under my belt and boy you can tell I have ruined my taste buds with rubbish as wasnt totally delish!!! Guess hunger is the best cook!!! Back very painful today dosing up on Ibuprofen to try and keep mobile!! NOT fun! x

Back