The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

dukannotsofatty said:
I love the custard, but its all the egg whites and what todo with them if I'm not having scramble or soemthing LOL.

I need to try custard. Is it hard? X

Oh I'm carving custard now

ellie1969 said:
Oh I'm carving custard now

Carving?! That's some custard!! X

craving.... blooming ipad autocorrect

Custard is from the floating island recipe in the book guys and is easy just don't boil it and curdle it and it isn't as thick as custard but poured over a muffin it is delish!!!
4 egg yolks
1 pint skimmed milk
vanilla essence
sweetner
Heat milk and vanilla essence till it comes near to the boil but not quite - separately whisk the egg yolk and sweetener till it pales a little, then add small amount of the heated milk to the yolk mixture and whisk then add back to the saucepan and heat gently until it starts to thicken - do not over heat or it will curdle - it defo is a runny custard but delish!!!!!
Good PV day today but really had a dangerous moment in the supermarket where I had gone to get some swede and carrot - just inside the door were Munchie cookies - I picked them up and then started to plan the whole binge -THANK GOODNESS my level head kicked in and I put them back and left with the swede and carrot and a pack of tomatoes which I ate in the car - PHEW!!!!!! WHY ?????? All is good in the hood!!
B - muffins
L - turkey stir fry
S - tomatoes
D - chicken with swede/carrot/mushroom/courgette/xlean bacon/onion sauce/ muffins/ dukan custard!
Sooooo lots of food for today but all good - yay - all good - the demons did not win for today - busy day at work!!!!! x

Phew well done you xxx

Wow well done you, thats excellent resisting hunni xx

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!!!! That is sooooooooooo cool Mrs R well done to you - you are right at the front of the bus and defo the Dr's pet for this week - I am soooooo happy for you - it has been a tough journey getting back on track but I knew you could do it once your mind was set as your as stubborn as a mule once you get going - said in an admiring way you understand..... Mrs R you have kicked my Sunday morning off to a great start followed by darling Ben reading a really hard book all by himself!!!!! Life is lovely!!! Weather is blimmin cold!!! LOL!

Ah thanks T certainly could not be doing this again without you and the other lovely people on here. A big thank you from the bottom of my heart ........

Sometimes we just don't see whats in front of our eyes do we ........ simple pleasures are the best.

Ben reading, my 21 year old saying I'm the best Mum ever that's because I baked some sausage rolls for him yesterday. Love being proud of my little brood nothing better.

The sun is shining here but thick ice on the cars. Going for a walk later once it warms up that's if it does.

Great posts xxx heart warming and I agree family ARE the most important thing in life everything use is secondary. Fantastic will power with them dam cookies xxx and Chris i agree this sunshine is making us human again just to feel the sun on our skin makes us happy.

Hey Trudy, I am very behind with everything here! I've been away at my mums with very limited Internet. Are you ok? Very glad to hear you are back on the wagon!
I have been eating the wagon here!! ;) but jumping back on first thing tomorrow once I have stocked up on good stuff :)

Take care lovely! Xx

You're flexing that resistance muscle again Trudy and now you've done it once it will be easier the next time (that's the theory, anyway!) Clever old Ben with his reading! Mabel really seemed to get to grips with sightreading music on her course last week and I've been bursting with pride ever since! Have a great Sunday, Trudy, and try to find a little 'me' time in that busy, busy life of yours xx

Well done Chris and Trudy - it's so great to read your positive posts and really brilliant to have you both back on the dukan bus - lets roll xxxx :)

So a good day but starving with the cold and being away at a horse show...... Looking forward to my day off tomorrow and although I will be busy still - my Dad is coming first thing - haven't seen him since before Christmas, then going to see my old singing teacher who has also been doing Dukan - then to town to get a new coat for work before heading back home and off to rehearsal at 5.45 as I gotta learn a dance routine I missed whilst in USA - honestly - I just want a duvet day but hey ho!!! LOL!
B - muffins
L - chicken
D - muffin/custard
Can't wean myself off custard atm - on well there are much worse things I could have though I a going through a lot of eggs!!! x

Custard .....your allowed Trudy so fill your boots xxx

Back