The first of this years babies.

fillymum

synful soul
I wanted to share the joy and the pleasure of the first 3 of this years foals with you.

They are not here at home but in Vitoria in Northern Spain with a close friend of ours.

All by our elder stallion Cadlan Valley Gamestar who is now 24 years old....good old Star !!!

foals2011a.jpg
Foals2011.jpg

foals2011b.jpg

Aww they are absolutely gorgeous!! When were they born? The middle one has very unusual and gorgeous colouring. How big do you expect them to get? :D

What gorgeous, healthy, strong looking foals - you must be v proud of Star - hope he has had a well done treat!

Aww they are absolutely gorgeous!! When were they born? The middle one has very unusual and gorgeous colouring. How big do you expect them to get? :D

All three were born in the last 2 days.

They will not be very big as they are bred to do junior dressage.

The middle one is gorgeous, I love her confirmation, everything about her in fact. She will be grey and eventually the same as her mum who gives us a fabulous foal every time.

This is a photo of Star...........

CadlanValleyGamestar-240x194.jpg

I love her, she is absolutely beautiful :D

My mother got a new horse about six months ago, after a long, two year period of not having a horse at all after the sudden, and very unexpected death of her horse - but I've not been on him yet.

He's 17.1hh - a big boy, and bigger than any horse I've ever been on before. She had him competing in his first ever indoor showjumping last week and he came 4th which is decent enough for his first go, so I might pluck up the courage soon!!

Look very tasty, don't think I could eat a whole one anymore though. :)
Is horse meat free on EE? ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Look very tasty, don't think I could eat a whole one anymore though. :)
Is horse meat free on EE? ;)

:eek::eek::eek: Go wash your mouth out horrid man lol !!!

My bad, it's France that they have special horse meat butchers isn't it?

they are beautiful - do they have any names yet?

No not yet. My friend that they are with will give them their stable names and we will give them their pedigree names.

Definitely no William or Katie themes though.

I think the grey foal will be RibbleValley Star Choice as all Stars foals' have Star in their names.

My bad, it's France that they have special horse meat butchers isn't it?

Yes you very bad indeed, may your milk curdle and your your meat be mouldy lol !!!!
Yup Franceand Belgium are big into horse meat, places here a well.

I find the thought of it repugnant though must be something of a hypocrit because I eat cows,lambs and pigs

Yes you very bad indeed, may your milk curdle and your your meat be mouldy lol !!!!
Yup Franceand Belgium are big into horse meat, places here a well.

I find the thought of it repugnant though must be something of a hypocrit because I eat cows,lambs and pigs

Italy too. Personally I see it as different, because, while cows/sheep/pigs are bred for meat, in the horse meat industry it is commonly ex working/racehorses that are 'no longer profitable' or once loved family horses and ponies that were inadvertently sold into the wrong hands and find themselves on the long road and sea journey to mainland European slaughterhouses.

Just my thoughts :D

I love her, she is absolutely beautiful :D

My mother got a new horse about six months ago, after a long, two year period of not having a horse at all after the sudden, and very unexpected death of her horse - but I've not been on him yet.

He's 17.1hh - a big boy, and bigger than any horse I've ever been on before. She had him competing in his first ever indoor showjumping last week and he came 4th which is decent enough for his first go, so I might pluck up the courage soon!!

That is not so dusty for a new combination of only 6 months. Show jumping is so much fairer than dressage....one down and that's it . Unlike dressage where it is down to the judge

He is one big big boy.

Italy too. Personally I see it as different, because, while cows/sheep/pigs are bred for meat, in the horse meat industry it is commonly ex working/racehorses that are 'no longer profitable' or once loved family horses and ponies that were inadvertently sold into the wrong hands and find themselves on the long road and sea journey to mainland European slaughterhouses.

Just my thoughts :D
That is so true and very sad and is why we rarely sell ours just loan them out so that we always have conrol of their lives.

In the North of Spain and France, Belgium too they breed horses for meat especially the Breton's, a breed I love. They are huge, average adult weight is about 2 tons.
We are lucky enough to have visited the Spanish Military Remount as we know one of the colonels. There they use the Breton for driving and have a wonderful Breton Stud of the best mares and stallions.

This is Dennis , what an incongrous name for a French breed in Spain lol........

cantabria008.jpg

I could no more eat him than fly to the moon.

Your horses are all stunning :) I have a 15.2 hh quarter horse called Victor who I love so much. I'm a lifer and never sell on either as I would just miss them too much :) I'm a big softy.

I also find it disturbing how people eat horse meat but then I'm vegetarian.

Back