The FlabFighters! - January Challenge - New Year, New You!

10st10lbs

Gold Member
Boy am I glad my New Year's Resolution isn't going to be a half-hearted attempt at trying to lose weight! I have the proven power of SW guiding me :D

Any birthdays in Jan? Mine's at the end, I want to be in the 8s by then...

10st10lbs - 5lbs to lose

Oh, sort of can't wait to get back to normality in January! Hoping to lose about 7lb. Really need 4lb off to get my 2 Stone Award and anything after that is a bonus, so I'll aim high!

10st10lbs - 5lbs to lose
Belfastbabybear - 7lb to lose

i really need to join a team. i started well and its been a hard journey

I really need to give my weight loss journey a HUGE kick up the bum...starting now! I'd like to lose 5lb in January

10st10lbs - 5lbs to lose
Rover_gem - 5lbs to lose

Right!!! I'm joining up! I always seem to think about this sort of thing too late so now I'm getting in early. So far I've been doing crap, but I know I can do it so here goes!

I want to lose a whole stone in January, it's taken me forever to get to where I am (or so it seems anyway) and I'm determined to speed it up and get this weight off.
Sign me up for -14lb and if I can go beyond it then all the better!

I'll be 21 on the 19th of January so lets hope I've lost it before then haha!

I'm in, could do with a kick up the butt seeing as it's the new year and all. :rolleyes:

Elb4160 I've added you to the list as well.

10st10lbs - 5lbs to lose
Rover_gem - 5lbs to lose
elb4160 - 14lbs to lose
uoyevoli - 6lbs to lose

Well, December was a wash out, so I'll give January a pop :)

10st10lbs - 5lbs to lose
Rover_gem - 5lbs to lose
elb4160 - 14lbs to lose
uoyevoli - 6lbs to lose
Tinytootz - 6lb to lose

Put me down for 5lb. Hoping to lose the xmas gain and a steady 1lb a week seems to be the way I'm going so far. If I can speed that up all the better, but 5lb would be amazing and see me get my 3 stone award :D

oh add me in for the challenge to please...

would love to lost 7lbs in jan.

new year...... new me !!! :)

10st10lbs - 5lbs to lose
Rover_gem - 5lbs to lose
elb4160 - 14lbs to lose
uoyevoli - 6lbs to lose
Tinytootz - 6lb to lose
miss_marshmallow 7lb to lose

Forgot to add my name to the list - doh!

10st10lbs - 5lbs to lose
Rover_gem - 5lbs to lose
elb4160 - 14lbs to lose
uoyevoli - 6lbs to lose
Tinytootz - 6lb to lose
EmmyLou30 - 5lb to lose

Hello. Can I join as well please - I'm going to start tomorrow and weigh myself at home, at least for the time being - I have several stone to lose but i'd like to aim at 10lb for January

Belfastbabybear said:
Oh, sort of can't wait to get back to normality in January! Hoping to lose about 7lb. Really need 4lb off to get my 2 Stone Award and anything after that is a bonus, so I'll aim high!

Normality is what we all need, desperately! I've been finding it difficult to reach the two stone mark aswell :( let's hope we can all motivate each other! xxx

debtdummy said:
i really need to join a team. i started well and its been a hard journey

Always welcome :) let us know how much you want to lose and we'll add you to the list :) xxx

rover_gem said:
I really need to give my weight loss journey a HUGE kick up the bum...starting now! I'd like to lose 5lb in January

Welcome, welcome! Is there anything new you could try to boost your losses? xxx

elb4160 said:
Right!!! I'm joining up! I always seem to think about this sort of thing too late so now I'm getting in early. So far I've been doing crap, but I know I can do it so here goes!

I want to lose a whole stone in January, it's taken me forever to get to where I am (or so it seems anyway) and I'm determined to speed it up and get this weight off.
Sign me up for -14lb and if I can go beyond it then all the better!

I'll be 21 on the 19th of January so lets hope I've lost it before then haha!

Us Mancs are always late for these things aren't we? ;) I was the same before I made this group, now I know I'm already in whether I put my name down or not :p

Whereabouts are you in Manchester? If you want to boost your losses, you could try getting into a Zumba class - I absolutely LOVE it! :D xxx

uoyevoli said:
I'm in, could do with a kick up the butt seeing as it's the new year and all. :rolleyes:

Here's hoping 2011 is a good year for you :) For all of us infact! I was talking to my aunty the other day about losing weight, trying to convince her to start SW (she wants to give SlimFast a go because she likes the shakes) and I told her at the beginning of Jan 2010, I was 11st4lbs. I was notoriously unhappy, and my motivator was my niece, due in Feb 2010. I didn't want to be the chubby aunty, I didn't want to get out of breath playing with her, and I certainly didn't want to not have any pictures with her because of my weight insecurities... So *KICK UP THE BUTT* for Aaliyah! :D xxx

Tinytootz said:
Well, December was a wash out, so I'll give January a pop :)

Haha, I think December was a mega-flop for us all! xxx

EmmyLou30 said:
Put me down for 5lb. Hoping to lose the xmas gain and a steady 1lb a week seems to be the way I'm going so far. If I can speed that up all the better, but 5lb would be amazing and see me get my 3 stone award :D

Oooooh, three stone award sounds like a dream! You're past half-way now, does that feel good? :) xxx

miss_marshmallow said:
oh add me in for the challenge to please...

would love to lost 7lbs in jan.

new year...... new me !!! :)

Welcome! Would love to help you lose 7lbs in Jan :) xxx

melodyuk said:
Me too please. Would like to lose 10 lbs in January :)

Hope MiniMins can support you while you can't get to a class/use the site :) xxx

Baloo said:
Hello. Can I join as well please - I'm going to start tomorrow and weigh myself at home, at least for the time being - I have several stone to lose but i'd like to aim at 10lb for January

Uh oh... I see you've won 115 tournaments... You're gonna win this one aswell, aren't you?! :p You'll put us all to shame! Best of luck for the month, I'm hoping I'll be spurred on by your losses! xxx

Mum2Sam2004 said:
Mum2Sam2004 - 14lb to lose

Your goal weight is AMAZING! My 10 month old niece is bigger than that :p xxx

Last edited:
Us Mancs are always late for these things aren't we? ;) I was the same before I made this group, now I know I'm already in whether I put my name down or not :p

Whereabouts are you in Manchester? If you want to boost your losses, you could try getting into a Zumba class - I absolutely LOVE it! :D xxx
I'm not a true Manc I'm afraid, so I can't use that as an excuse :giggle:I'm from down south, but live in Trafford now with my OH :D Where abouts are you??

i was dreading today. i did a sneaky peak yesterday and if i'd have been going with that weight i would have gained 4lbs!!!! but wait for it..... drum roll please.... i've actually LOST 1lb!!!! not sure how, but i'm taking it and holding on for dear life!!!

10st10lbs - 5lbs to lose
Rover_gem - 5lbs to lose
elb4160 - 14lbs to lose
uoyevoli - 6lbs to lose
Tinytootz - 6lb to lose
EmmyLou30 - 5lb to lose
melodyuk - 10lb to lose
Baloo - 10lb to lose
Why_d - 7lb to lose, 1lb lost! :D

10st10lbs - 5lbs to lose
Rover_gem - 5lbs to lose
elb4160 - 14lbs to lose
uoyevoli - 6lbs to lose
Tinytootz - 6lb to lose
EmmyLou30 - 5lb to lose
melodyuk - 10lb to lose
Baloo - 10lb to lose
Cazzamamma - 5lbs to lose

Hey everyone haven't posted in a while, haven't been able to get to the gym with firstly the snow and then being off work for xmas. I would like to lose 5 lbs this month, have just hoked out all my exercise dvds

Cazza, you deleted me off the list so i've reposted it

Emma a STS for this week is a good week i think. have a smiley face! :)

10st10lbs - 5lbs to lose
Rover_gem - 5lbs to lose
elb4160 - 14lbs to lose
uoyevoli - 6lbs to lose
Tinytootz - 6lb to lose
EmmyLou30 - 5lb to lose
melodyuk - 10lb to lose
Baloo - 10lb to lose

Would like to join your January Challenge If I am not too late. I am ashamed to say that I have put on 7lbs since 9th January and need to get focused. I jumped back on the wagon yesterday.

10st10lbs - 5lbs to lose
Rover_gem - 5lbs to lose
elb4160 - 14lbs to lose
uoyevoli - 6lbs to lose
Tinytootz - 6lb to lose
EmmyLou30 - 5lb to lose
melodyuk - 10lb to lose
Baloo - 10lb to lose

Jane R - 10lb to lose

i was dreading today. i did a sneaky peak yesterday and if i'd have been going with that weight i would have gained 4lbs!!!! but wait for it..... drum roll please.... i've actually LOST 1lb!!!! not sure how, but i'm taking it and holding on for dear life!!!

Good for you! Great start to the New Year x

Hey everyone haven't posted in a while

Good to see you back x

STS this week :(

That is still an excellent result! I'd be more than happy with that x

Would like to join your January Challenge If I am not too late. I am ashamed to say that I have put on 7lbs since 9th January and need to get focused. I jumped back on the wagon yesterday.

Never too late Jane, good luck with reaching your goal this month x

Back