The FlabFighters! - July Challenge

Winking? I think it has a nervous twitch!! ;)
I'm an Eastenders fan myself, but I missed it last night because I was at SW :sigh:

I usually end up on Facebook, that keeps me away from the fridge for at least 5 minutes ;)

Oooooooooooh, yesterday's was quite a good one! Today my concentration kept drifting away, but I got the gist of it.

I think many people only enjoy remembering Phil Mitchell in one state...
444783E8-F15F-C1A0-58D0C81CB6E68787.jpg
:D

See, I spend so much time on Facebook that when I go on it to distract myself from other things, I get bored because I've already seen everything! :p It's such a bad habit but because it's on my phone desktop, my thumb automatically goes towards the 'f' when I unlock my phone. So first thing in the morning, when my eyes are only open half a centimetre, I'm already up to date on the goings on of last night! Hahaha... :eek:

Do you watch any American stuff? How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Accidentally On Purpose, Gilmore Girls?... and Friends, omg, FRIENDS! <3 xxx

Do you watch any American stuff? How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Accidentally On Purpose, Gilmore Girls?... and Friends, omg, FRIENDS! <3 xxx

To be honest no I don't. I mostly watch films, my OH has a massive (as in 900 of them) DVD collection so we end up watching those most of the time.
Although he has got Frasier, Cheers, Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm and 24, which are all pretty good IMO.
He also bought me the complete Sex and the City boxset about a month or so ago and I love it!

I'm like that with Facebook, I get so fed up when nobody updates their status :D

Hi 10st10lbs,

I'm outside of Manchester nearer to Wigan.

Cooking a syn free curry tonight - would never imagined it was possible but it must be! :-D

x

2 more lbs off this week, Yes my 1 stone sticker has returned.

10st10lbs - 7.5lbs to lose, 2.5lbs lost!
happyhippo - 7lbs to lose, 1lb lost!
emma-louise - 6lbs to lose, 2lb lost!
cantstopgaining - 7lbs to lose, 1lb lost!
emily87 - 8lbs to lose, 2.5lbs lost!
Dumpylump - 5.5lbs to lose, 2.5lbs lost!
Shrinking_Bev - 5.5lbs to lose, 4.5lbs lost!
foodjunkie10 - 3lbs to lose, 3lbs lost!
francesc - 1.5lbs lost!
RubyMoss - 6lbs to lose
MazzyStar - 3lbs to lose, 5lbs lost!
DonnaP - 5lbs to lose, 2lbs lost!
Carolinep - 8lbs to lose
honey74 - 6.5lbs to lose, 1.5lb lost!
Teresa32uk - 3lbs to lose, 4lbs lost!
clean-aholic - 8lbs to lose
Chickyb16 - 7lbs
Belfastbabybear - 7lbs to lose, 2lbs lost!
thescaleslie - 7lbs to lose, 1lb lost.
Rowena - 10lbs to lose
AlicePalice - 6lbs to lose, 0.5lbs lost!
krupskaya - 9lbs to lose, 1lb lost!
EmMUK - 20lbs to lose, 11lbs lost!
debtdummy - 6lbs to lose
GemmaB1984
Hathor - 6lbs to lose, 3lbs lost!

Hi 10st10lbs,

I'm outside of Manchester nearer to Wigan.

Cooking a syn free curry tonight - would never imagined it was possible but it must be! :-D

x

Ahh okay :) Still a fellow Northener ;)

How did the curry turn out? And what did you have it with? xxx

2 more lbs off this week, Yes my 1 stone sticker has returned.

Yayyyyy *does happy dance* your sticker returned? Where did it go lady?! I don't want to see it disappear again, k? :p xxx

To be honest no I don't. I mostly watch films, my OH has a massive (as in 900 of them) DVD collection so we end up watching those most of the time.
Although he has got Frasier, Cheers, Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm and 24, which are all pretty good IMO.
He also bought me the complete Sex and the City boxset about a month or so ago and I love it!

I'm like that with Facebook, I get so fed up when nobody updates their status :D

900, :eek: MY GOODNESS! I would mostly watch films too, I have this ever growing list that I really want to tuck in to but the only time I get to watch something is at night, and I tend to fall asleep halfway through even the most interesting film! :(

I've NEVER watched a single ep of SATC, I really should start, right?

Haha, me too! I love notifications though, there's nothing better :D xxx

10st10lbs,

The curry turned out wonderfully! I had rice with it. I used very little chicken cooked without fat, and used two large onions, peppers (red and green) mushrooms, curry spices, tinned tomatoes, garlic.

I have a pic but not sure if its easy to upload it, I will try. x

I've NEVER watched a single ep of SATC, I really should start, right?

I had never watched a single episode either until then. My OH thought that I would like it and he was right. Maybe you should just try an episode and see what you think?

So are you being good so for this week? I was a bit naughty yesterday, I went out for the day with the family and had a reasonably good lunch of roasted vegetables in pasta and a tomato based sauce but then ruined it with warmed waffles with ice-cream and sauce on top.
OMG it was LOVELY, but not so lovely for the weight loss I am thinking! :break_diet:

I am thinking at the moment that I'm only going to live once and before I have always tryed to take the quick route to weight loss, this time I am happily taking the scenic route.

I had never watched a single episode either until then. My OH thought that I would like it and he was right. Maybe you should just try an episode and see what you think?

So are you being good so for this week? I was a bit naughty yesterday, I went out for the day with the family and had a reasonably good lunch of roasted vegetables in pasta and a tomato based sauce but then ruined it with warmed waffles with ice-cream and sauce on top.
OMG it was LOVELY, but not so lovely for the weight loss I am thinking! :break_diet:

I am thinking at the moment that I'm only going to live once and before I have always tryed to take the quick route to weight loss, this time I am happily taking the scenic route.

I'm sure I would love it, as my best friend keeps telling me! She always suggests I watch it when I'm feeling down as it will just make me smile... OK, let me get through the final series of Gilmore Girls, at the end of which I WILL be crying and feeling down, then I'll watch SATC :p

Being quite good :) I want to switch entirely to green days, less meat doesn't seem to be as much of an issue as I thought it would be... Waffles+icecream=*DROOL*

Woo! So we'll be expecting a lovely loss next week then? :) xxx

No worries my fellow Mancunian! Whereabouts are you? Added you to the list :) xxx

Im hoping so, i absolutely loved the Joes peppered chickensteaks they are so yummy with salad x

Being quite good :) I want to switch entirely to green days, less meat doesn't seem to be as much of an issue as I thought it would be...

I do mostly green days, although I do try for a red once a fortnight. I like filling myself up with potatoes and pasta. I know they aren't 'speed' food but it works for me.
I find red days make me crave sweet things which makes it harder for me not to cheat.

What do people like (out of interest) as a low syn sweet treat?

For me I try and have a Fudge Highlights drink everynight. It gives me something to look forward to and still feels like a treat. For days when I am particularly after a sugar rush I make sure I have some Pink n Whites in the cupboard :)

I do mostly green days, although I do try for a red once a fortnight. I like filling myself up with potatoes and pasta. I know they aren't 'speed' food but it works for me.
I find red days make me crave sweet things which makes it harder for me not to cheat.

What do people like (out of interest) as a low syn sweet treat?

For me I try and have a Fudge Highlights drink everynight. It gives me something to look forward to and still feels like a treat. For days when I am particularly after a sugar rush I make sure I have some Pink n Whites in the cupboard :)

Interestinggg, I've never had a red day yet... Maybe I should some time this week! Shock my system a bit :p

Low syn sweet treats - Mikado (0.5 syn per stick), Kit Kat fingers (5.5 syns for 2, not exactly low but low enough), Freddo (Caramel or plain, 5 syns), Alpen Light bars (3 syns of 1/2 HExB), Mini Milk lollies (1.5 syns), Cadbury's Highlights (mix 11g in hot water for 2 syns but 5g for 1 syn usually does it for me, or I mix with coffee to get a different flavour), Morning Coffee biscuits (1 syn each), really gotta look out for some Pink n Whites! Although broadening my sweetie horizons is not a step in the right direction! xxx

I like eating the muller light (fat free) yoghurts because they have strawberry cheesecake flavour! At asda at the moment you can buy 6 x muller lights fat free in a pack for £1.38. They are really big and sweet I tend to use them like a dessert sometimes with strawberries. Best thing is that they're free. I only have one a day.

Someone else told me that if you freeze them they can taste like icecream.

Cadbury's buttons are OK but you have to limit them I think a 170g bag is 8 syns, so half a bag of those is a 4 syn treat.

Okay, so my weeks are all messed up! Haha!
I weighed today (I usually weigh in on a Tuesday but after all the confusion I've caused myself, I'm starting again - and I work best when I weigh in on a Monday because I don't forget!)

I've lost 2lbs (which, considering the week I've had, is a miracle). So, although this technically shouldn't count (because I put 3lb on last week) I'm starting all over, and counting this as my first weightloss ;) I need some positives! Haha!

I like eating the muller light (fat free) yoghurts because they have strawberry cheesecake flavour! At asda at the moment you can buy 6 x muller lights fat free in a pack for £1.38. They are really big and sweet I tend to use them like a dessert sometimes with strawberries. Best thing is that they're free. I only have one a day.

Someone else told me that if you freeze them they can taste like icecream.

Cadbury's buttons are OK but you have to limit them I think a 170g bag is 8 syns, so half a bag of those is a 4 syn treat.

Strawberry Cheesecake Mullerlight yoghurts are 1 syn each hun! Thought I'd let you know :) Also, New York Style ones are 1 syn each too. The free ones are vanilla, vanilla & choc sprinkles, toffee, and most of the fruit ones as far as I can remember.

xxx

Okay, so my weeks are all messed up! Haha!
I weighed today (I usually weigh in on a Tuesday but after all the confusion I've caused myself, I'm starting again - and I work best when I weigh in on a Monday because I don't forget!)

I've lost 2lbs (which, considering the week I've had, is a miracle). So, although this technically shouldn't count (because I put 3lb on last week) I'm starting all over, and counting this as my first weightloss ;) I need some positives! Haha!

Well done! A total restart really helps when you've had a gain :) So I'm updating the list liiike... this?

francesc - 1.5lbs lost!
RubyMoss - 6lbs to lose, 2lbs lost!
Carolinep - 8lbs to lose
Chickyb16 - 7lbs
Rowena - 10lbs to lose
AlicePalice - 6lbs to lose, 0.5lbs lost!
debtdummy - 6lbs to lose
GemmaB1984

Yay!!

I actually feel like I did something right! (even if I am cheating a little bit!)

Ty lovely! xxx

I really wanna get some of this Joe's stuff - sounds good! I had a good weigh in today :) 3lbs off :D

francesc - 1.5lbs lost!
RubyMoss - 6lbs to lose, 2lbs lost!
Carolinep - 8lbs to lose
Chickyb16 - 7lbs
Rowena - 10lbs to lose
AlicePalice - 6lbs to lose, 3.5lbs lost!
debtdummy - 6lbs to lose
GemmaB1984

I bought some of those Mikados. OMG they are GORGEOUS!!! They are a bit dangerous though as they are so more-ish but as I am being good this week I have resisted temptation and hid them in the bread bin lol.

I am also going to freeze some muller lights as suggested on here. I do like a nice yoghurt and freezing it will mean it takes longer to eat. Which for me is a good thing as I'm a bit of a boredom eater.

I need a hobby! :)

Back