The Gastric MIND band

Lynn8124

Gold Member
Anyone heard of this? I read a story in a mag a few months ago, well actually half a story as I was reading in a waiting room and someone had torn out one page lol. basically she was hypnotised into believing she'd had a band fitted and got 7st off!

There's a clinic in Feungirola(sp) in Spain and a book and cd on Amazon...might try the book first and then I'll maybe book a flight over to Spain, I quite fancy four days in the sun!:D

Yes ive heard of it, havnt done it though. Some people have great success with it, some dont find it helpful.

Ive heard its pretty expensive, and if gastric band hypnosis will work for you then any sort of hypnosis could help with getting your mindset right for losing weight. If I were you and you really wanted to try hypnosis then i would try some weigt loss hypnosis first before you shell out a lot of money for the gastric band hypnosis.

I did actually try hypnosis once, on an informal level. I was in the audience of some hynosis show and the person asked if anyone had any issues they wanted to deal with so i became the guinea pig for 10 minutes. It was long ago, 17 or 18 years, and it was that one session, but I felt much more in control after and was able to get into the right mindset to get my eating under control. I went on to lose 5 stone that time, but I also had the other incentive of needing an op as well, so i think combined with that and the auto suggestion I was able to do it that time. Unfortunately 2 years later I was back where I started though. Got it cracked now :)

Thanks Lynn. I've been reading your posts on my travels and I admire your approach and attitude. I've been reading Amazon reviews on hypnosis for weightloss cds and indeed have bought paul mckenna, Marisa peer and more recently glenn harrold. Came to conclusion that although relaxing the cds don't help me much and it'd be far better having a one to one session with a hypnotist and see how that goes.

Hi Lynn, I have just been to hypnotherapist last week after meeting someone who had lost 4 and a half stones. I have been twice with one more session to go and already I have halved my eating; it is amazing. I have only paid £30 a session. I have not thought about chocolate in a week and I have not finished a meal since then either. I feel entirely differently about food; still really enjoying it, but can't be bothered to eat on when I've had enough - I only remember feeling like that when I was a child! The success will be measured if I lose weight but I can't see how I will not as I am eating so much less than before. I actually don't understand why more people don't try it as it really seems amazing!

Hi Lynn, I have just been to hypnotherapist last week after meeting someone who had lost 4 and a half stones. I have been twice with one more session to go and already I have halved my eating; it is amazing. I have only paid £30 a session. I have not thought about chocolate in a week and I have not finished a meal since then either. I feel entirely differently about food; still really enjoying it, but can't be bothered to eat on when I've had enough - I only remember feeling like that when I was a child! The success will be measured if I lose weight but I can't see how I will not as I am eating so much less than before. I actually don't understand why more people don't try it as it really seems amazing!

Hiya Broxi I remember you from your CD days on here. about 18 months ago I made an appt with a hypnotherapist and rang the day before to cancel and he said he didnt even have record of my appt! It didn't show him in a good light lol but there's bound to be others around. I'm pleased you've found it a success! :-D

Hi Lynn, well CD didn't work for me because I couldn't stick to it and it made me feel very depressed. I don't know if this will be a success yet and get me thin but something powerful has already happened so I'm very hopeful. Give it a go and let me know how you get on xxx

Lynn, how did you get on? I'm starting my treatment tomorrow x

Hiya Goldie. tbh I haven't contacted the guy, I am a bit wary of 'throwing good money after bad' ie if nothing has worked so far, why would this? I haven't ruled it out though. let us know how u get on!:)

great stuff! I'm gonna have to get in on this too but when I call dr chan I always get ans service and when I leave a message he doesnt call me back...dont look good lol.

This sounds positively incredible, does it really work?!
It is almost too much to believe that people could be mind-washed into believing they have a gastric band...

Back