The half way slump

Donnalou86

Striving for slimness
Well, I've lost half the weight I need to and I'm 11 weeks in and I'm starting to really struggle, not really that I'm tempted to eat. More that I really can't stand the packs any more and often gag trying to drink them. also haven't managed my 4 ltrs of water on even one day this week. Just happily starving away. Think I'm getting just tired of the same old thing and am very impatient for it to be over and to go on RTM. Just hope this passes so I can make it to the end. Anyone else had these feelings after a while on the program?

Hi DonnaLou, I know how you feel - I too have hit half way this week, and like you am sick of the same old food packs and like you havn't at my 4 litres every day this week.

The way I am seeing this is that I have hit the apex of my weight loss, and it's all downhill from here. I have also set a target date that I am going to go onto RtM regarless of how much I still have to lose. The 30th April can not come quick enough.

Good luck with losing the other half of your weight

Iam on week 8 and yes I have had them this week the packs make me feel sick the soups do also, I have tried making crisps and stuff but still feel the same, I just get on with it and hope for the best, coming on here helps sometimes just for a moan, hope you feel better Donna you'll have good days and bad and well done for getting to half way..

ah yes the half way blues I remember them well!! apparently according to the LLC it is fairly common as by this stage you are feeling good, looking good getting a lot of positive strokes and thinking yea I can do this, do I really need the packs?? Everyone is different in my group some made it the whole 13 weeks without cheating and 3 did not, Good Luck, try some different flavours, for instance I never eat strawberries of any kind but they let me try a strawberry shake and it was quite nice, try and do a few of the recipes like a crunchy biscuit or a savoury crisp it will make you think you are eating something real. but best of all look in the mirror and see where you have come :)

I am still going a long pretty strong in that regard. There are times where it's a bit boring and repeptitive of course, but not enough to get to m. but I am not half way there yet.

I find, I just don't really allow myself to think about it, or to think of options, etc., I just know I have to do them till I am done, and I accept that, and just keep going. But i do worry - because I can barely stomach crips anymore - and I really thought they would be what got me through the diet! But on the other hand, I couldn;t stand the chocolate shakes to begin, and now I am hooked on them.....the mint one is sublime. They seem to change - my favourites, and that does kind of keep it inetersting.

I can't wait for the tomatoe soup. I really liked it. Course it dosn't taste like Heinz, but then again, The chicken don't tast like chicken either! ;) Even just the one new flavour will break it up a lot.

Don;t worry anyway! time will fly! Just think about what you are going to look like this summer in your swimsuits, rather then how boring the flavour is. ;):)

i feel exactly the same! went for my med 2 today- and was told that my blood pressure is stupidly low for someone of my age which is worrying to say the least!
i feels so dizzy and tired all the time.
to make things worse- i only have 2 stone to go and my boss said to me today "your no where near being slim" i was like... okkkk thanks for that!
feeling so crappy. i dont want to eat- i just miss feeling normal :( xxxxxxxx

I'm not feeling the same but I can fully understand it - perhaps I'm not as I've still got soooooo long to go.

Do ignore all temptation as best you can though - the shorter this journey is the better for you ----- I know I'm hoping to do a strong short blast rather than a softer more drawn out one.

I'm not feeling the same but I can fully understand it - perhaps I'm not as I've still got soooooo long to go.

Do ignore all temptation as best you can though - the shorter this journey is the better for you ----- I know I'm hoping to do a strong short blast rather than a softer more drawn out one.

Yeah, that's what I meant to Katie....because I am going to be doing this a long time, I just don't allow myself to get bored really. I want to power through it with virtual blinders on, and get to the end and THEN get on with life. :)

Thats my story and I'm stickin to it! :D

i am feeling sooooo down that i can't carry on, but i know i will, even for 1 more month! i have aaprox 2.5 stones to lose, may lose the 1.5 then start rtm! i am indeed getting bored of the packs, been doing this for coming on to 7 months!

I do understand the feeling but I'm glad to say, I'm not feeling it yet, which is very lucky really cos I still got 7 stone to loss!! I really hope you guys who are struggling get to where you need to be :)

Thanks for all your support and advice everyone, think might try some new recipes with my foodpack, haven't tried the crisps or using ice to make ice cream yet, maybe I just need to be more creative. Don't think I'll give up on te diet, still strong in that regard, just not enjoying it like I used to.

Yeah I'm feeling the same toller girl. we will have to have a chat about it tommorow at our WI. Think we the same in the way that we just want to move on to that next stage.

well I'm not on half way yet and I'm not bored at all ! I get a high from the people telling me I look healthy and better for it. I love this diet and I'm so determined to make it. Nearly 4 half gone another 5 and a half to go. Man I am gonna show those people who told me I'd last a week without a Big Mac ! Come on we can do it!!

Well said Gazz, we can do it - all of us!

For those who are struggling have a look back at how far you've come already ..... and then have a look at the little distance you've yet to go --- remember how you felt before and compare it to how you feel now - that should give a mighty boost and hopefully steer you on that bit more ---- Keep your positivity flowing, you're all stars! xx

Hi just been to my group and they really encouraged me, I've swapped some packs for some I haven't had in ages to see if a bit of variety will help

I'm not struggling - just bored! It doesn't matter how you use your food packs the flavours are the same, and in that respect it is getting more difficult, especially for me as I absolutely hate the soups. They were not too bad when I started the diet, but the mere thought of them now makes me want to gag. So it's just shakes and bars for me, and even then there are flavours I don't like. I never used to be a fussy eater, but guess this diet is making me into one!!! Can't be a bad thing I guess.

I only have the peanut and the cranberry ones, and I am quickly going off the peanut bar - don't think I could ever get bored with the Cranberry and Raspberry - I adore the flavour and texture - but then I used to say the same about kitkats, and don't eat those anymore!!!!!!!!!

Back