The half way slump

Corey, Katie told me a secret about the Peantu Bars - if you like sweet and salty combinations - toast the peanut bat in your toaster until its nice and brown - the coating kind of carmlaises and the bar gets soft - then sprinkle it with a bit of salt. I then cut them up into little peices - 10-12 or so - sometimes I cut the bar in half to get two skinny sides and break that up, then just eat them out of the bowl. Its a nice, warm, sweet hand-to-mouth snack. Maybe give that a try. :)

I am reluctant to make anything again as a muffin - last time I tried it, took one bite and threw the rest away - absolutely awful. I will try the peanut bar idea though - that sounds quiet nice, but not a huge salt person so might not do that bit - but do like the idea of softening it up a bit!! Thanks for the ideas guys

I felt the same last week, when I was 1/2 way through, I was bored, felt like a freak (not being able to eat with anyone) and was getting a lot of comments and generally couldn't cope with it. Decided to have a day off....which turned into a week long binge, and I have now put on TEN POUNDS! Can't believe it, my own stupid fault, I think that it's taken me back about a month! So let that be a lesson to everyone, what ever you do, don't eat! Try and mix the packs up a bit and keep motivated and just keep thinking of how well you've all done, and how it's not that much longer until you get to goal.

I'm only on week 7 and I was also feeling the same. Not bored so much as CD has a good variety but of not feeling "normal". My mates at the weekend were planning a nite out for birthdays and wanting to go for a meal. I had to tell them I would meet them for a drink afterwards, even at that it will be water! I'm been out most weekends since I started and I am at one with the water drinking but I am getting very fed up with it. I am determined to do it though adn will carry one for another while.

I'm just bored too.
Even more disappointingly I put on 3 pounds between yesterday morning and this morning - I have no idea how that has happened - I guess just water retention.

The peanut bar idea sounds good and I might try that in a minute or ten!

Tried the peanut toasted it was yummy didnt add salt but might do next time as i love sweet and salty mixed.Thanks for the idea. Nice to have something solid and warm.:p

Another nice teat it making biscuits out of the Cran-Raspberry bar, covering them with "chocolate" and freezing.

Cut the bar into ten peices - microwave 4 or 5 at a time on a plate for about 30 seconds or until they start to droop - remove from oven, and flatten with the back of a spoon. They get quite crumble, so you will need to reform them so the little bits that break apart stic to the cookie....let them cook - they will get solid again once cooled.

Then use some Chocolate Shake mix, a we bit of Mt Fruit Flavour (optional) and add warm water and stir to a tick but smooth-ish consistanncy and coat the rasbperry cookies. Then place in the freezer for about an hour.

Yummmmmmy! :)

I also tried the toasted peanut bar - burnt it a little bit but it tasetd OK. The salt was nice with it and really change it. Reminded me of an oaty version of honey roast peanuts!

Cheers for the idea!

I tried the peanut bar idea and it was lovely. I was sat up in bed on sunday night watching recorded episodes of Torchwood with a cup of green tea and my bowl of peanut snacks. :D

Tried my first toffe bar today first taste I thought yum yum (as much as you can about a bar) Then i suddenly decided it was yacky but had to finish anyway...glad i only ordered one though.

Has anyone tried dunking the peanut bar in some coffee? LURRRRVELY!:crazy:

Back