The In Betweeners! (Food talk highly likely!)

then i had 2 packets of cheese and onion hula hoops, and 2 chunky kitkats!! :(

Su..were you hungry or what made you eat them? I'm just curious, not getting on to you or anything. This is all part of the learning curve we will all experience. It must be so hard having staying strong with the food there. Maybe if you allow yourself one treat a day, if you know you are allowed to have one thing then maybe you won't indulge in other stuff? Do you eat popcorn? When I was good before I would have air-popped popcorn with dark chocolate grated over it..

Su..were you hungry or what made you eat them? I'm just curious, not getting on to you or anything. This is all part of the learning curve we will all experience. It must be so hard having staying strong with the food there. Maybe if you allow yourself one treat a day, if you know you are allowed to have one thing then maybe you won't indulge in other stuff? Do you eat popcorn? When I was good before I would have air-popped popcorn with dark chocolate grated over it..

If i am honest, i ate them cos i could!!! That's why, all along i have said my brain has not caught up with my weight loss yet... I am fine all day, like today, i have had my breakfast shake (about 11.40am) and am not at all hungry. I can easily wait for my chicken casserole about 6pm...But, when the evening comes i want to eat, for no other reason than i can, and it's there... In the New Year i am going back to TFR and straight to WW to retrain myself on healthy eating.... I will be better next week cos i come off refeed and can have breakfast earlier, then hopefully lunch and dinner will follow as i will get hungry.. At the moment i am so used to having my shake later in the day that i don't get hungry for lunch, so i just miss it. I am hoping that the fact that i messed up (pretty badly) will not be so bad because i miss a meal a day (not that i condone it!).. Apart from that, i haven't eaten anything apart from my meals, no snacks at all, not even fruit, fromage frais etc. I just need to learn some self control!! lol

Don't worry about getting on to me hun, i know it is not said maliciously x x x

I'd say next week will be much better Su, like you said when you can go back to normal eating again and get a bit of a routine going. I know it's so hard at the moment, while I envy you a lot for the eating, I don't envy the stress or the temptation at all!! x

Hi Girls. you've all worked so hard to get where you are, keep strong xxx Just an idea, but, they sell atkins chocolate bars in b88ts chemist. you'll get a little sugar/ chocolate hit but they are also high protein, low carb so they help fill you up a bit and won't play havoc with your blood sugar. The caramel crisp one is nice. how is your water intake, remember most of the time when people think they are hungry, they are just thirsty.xxx

Thanks for the recipe Ella :)

Su - I know exactly where you are coming from. I'm no different really. Can easily go most of the day being very good with what I eat, and then come the evening I scoff rubbish. It's what caused me to get fat in the first place. I've always eaten very healthy, balanced meals, but then ruin them with calorific crap! My brain's no where near trained enough to be doing this non TFR lark and I suspect a weight gain will come this Monday. At the moment, the New Year can't come quickly enough for me so I can get going again. I miss my shakes! lol :-/
We must try hard though Su, to preserve the weight we've lost so far as best we can. We worked really hard for it!

xx

Posted at the same time Little-Me :)

Very nice thread folks. Well done! Eating again after or inbetween bouts of TFr is not easy. We are in a season of woeful temptation with parties and goodies just about everywhere we turn.
Personally, in an effort to keep a little control, I have use a site myfitnesspal.com to keep track of calories and nutrition. It is certainly great to use until you get your head around portion sizes etc. the other thing that helps me keep some control is keeping up my water intake. Any day that does not include at least two litres of water will inevitably lead to a lot more snacking. My resolve just seems to go out the window onceI have not had enought water.
Try too to keep to the old 80/20 rule of being good for 80% of the time and bold for 20% . We all have to live in the real world and there will be temptations out there.

Fab advice there Molly. Thank you. I'll most definitely be taking some of it :) xx

I discovered the website below a few years ago when I was being really healthy and good and got down to the best weight I've ever been (but I'll be there again soon!). I was doing WW at the time but mostly I ate just recipes off this website (if you register e-mail with them they send you a recipe every day). I also bought the book online and I have to say it is brilliant, but it is massive! It lists all the foods you can think of (healthy ones only) and tells you how to choose/store/cook for the best results and also give thousands of recipes, none of which take more than 30mins to cook. Now I will say that the recipes are not that fancy but can be adapted, and some of the ingredients we just don't have here, so I just did without. He always uses a tbsp of stock/broth to cook with instead of oil or spray, I usually just put a tiny bit of bouillon into the pan and a bit of water..you really don't miss the oil! The recipe below is gorgeous and it's so easy and brilliant for cold weather and only 140calories per serving!! Reduce or leave out the chilli if it's not your cup of tea, but it is lovely with it, I always use the yogurt too, it is yum!

WHFoods: Red Kidney Bean Soup with Lime Yogurt

Elle...thanks for the recipes.....once i get cooking again going to really enjoy it again!!! Can't wait, till then I am just gonna have to wait to get those pounds off. Love J.Olivers cooking progs and Nigella.

Su, how are you? xx

Su, how are you? xx

Not good really!! lol

I cannot get all my meals in so today i have come off the official refeed (it's only a day or so early) and i have had oats so simple for breakfast, at least it's at a reasonable hour... I have got my daughters birthday party today so i should be able to get all my meals in for the first time..YAY!!!

Yesterday i had no breakfast, no lunch and for dinner i had chicken salad... That sounds sooooooooooo good until..... I then had 2 ready salted crisps and a bar of mint aero (large!!)

In my (useless) defence i have walked a lot more latley and i have tried to walk in the deepest parts of the snow so that my legs have to work harder... Does that help my case at all??? lol

How are you doing Jayne, are you sticking to plan? x x

Ahh Su, it's not easy is it hun. But, yes, I think the walking in deep snow, etc. is an excellent defence :D lol I think despite the junk food you will still have a weight loss when you weigh tomorrow (you are weighing aren't you?). It's just your nutrition isn't there. 8 hours on since your post, has your day gone better today food wise?

I'm not really doing any plan to stick to! lol. Just scoffing whatever I fancy really, but trying to eat healthily. I get all my meals in (God forbid I could miss one! lol), and they are healthy, but then top up with crap. So unlike you, I eat my meals and the crap which means my cals are massively to high, so I will no doubt gain this week :( I should probably try to stick to my Slimming World plan until Xmas arrives, but .......... :-/ I just can't wait for Jan to come so I can restart TFR!

Hope your daughter had a good birthday party :)

xx

My day got progressively worse!! lol

Ella had a great time at her bowling party, thank you x x

Her party was 11-1pm and all i had was water (i had oats so simple for breakfast).. I then took Ella into town to buy a game for her DS with the birthday money from her friends... I then went to pick up my youngest son from my Mum and Dads, and my Dad fell and passed out and i couldn't get him to come to... I don't mind admitting i was sh!tting myself!! He was outside having a cigarette and just keeled over, falling in a bucket of ice cold water in the process....My mum could not have lifted him so it was lucky i was there!.. He was out for about 10 minutes, during which time my Mum had dialled 999, and by the time the paramedic came he was conscious, but shaky and absolutely saturated... It turned out there was something wrong with his blood pressure (too high or too low, i can't remember-i was so scared) and his blood sugar level was 3.1 when it should have been 4.5-5 (whatever those figures mean!).. As a result i never got to eat anything so pigged out when i got home...

So today, my intake is 1 cup of tea, 1 cup of coffee, oats so simple,a microwave burger, rolo cookies and 2 crumpets... another bad day!!

I can't get weighed tomorrow as i have to get my mum to a hospital appointment for 9am and it's for her eyes so she can't drive.... I will go on Tuesday and hang my head in shame!!

I just really hope that we don't do too much damage between now and January and that when we come back on TFR we can crack it once and for all x x x

Oh my God Su, that sounds so scary, I hope your Dad's okay and that doesn't happen again. You must have got such a shock, I know when things like that have happened my Mam the feeling inside is just gut-wrenching. I really hope you take some time to process it and have some 'you' time...thinking of you xxx

Oh darling..... I have texted you. Take care xxxx

Oh Su! What a fright for you with your dad ((hugs)). Is he okay now? Hope your mum gets on okay at her hospital appointment today, and you have a better day all round hun xx

Well, I stayed the same this week, which I am very relived and pleased about :) Am off to watch my eldest's Christmas concert at school this afternoon, and then have the youngest's tomorrow. Love this time of year :)

xx

Su I hope your dad is OK now.

I just had a thought, I'm starting refeed today and was wondering if I could combine the ingredients from day 4. For eg. it says I can have tuna and i could have pasta, could I maybe make myself a dinner where I can have Tuna and Pasta together or have I got to just follow the menu to the letter. I'll be doing that for the first 3 days but it seems that when you get to day 4 and beyond, you get given a bit of flexibility, so wondered if it was possible to mix and match kind of thing. Any ideas?

xxx

Ermmmm, I really don't know Abbie, as I didn't do a proper refeed. I think though that you probably need to follow it to the letter so as not to carb load initially. Hopefully someone else will be able to give you the correct answer though. I'm just going to wish you lots of luck for refeed :D

Thanks for the recipe Ella :)

Su, how are you and how's your dad?

xx

Back