Total Solution The Incredible Shrinking Mummy

Oh dead. I think not turning to food when bored is something well worth practicing.

I painted my nails and wrote a shopping list, by the time I was done the notion had passed

I painted my nails and wrote a shopping list, by the time I was done the notion had passed

It's odd but I never believed distraction really worked. But you just showed it clearly does and that urge WILL pass. If we can believe and act upon that, I think that's maintaining made a whole lot easier :) I've had nicely painted nails since I started this diet. Great distraction putting each coat on and being unable to eat whilst it dries!

aaaarrrgghhhhhhhh Week 3 - lost 6lbs!!!

It's odd but I never believed distraction really worked. But you just showed it clearly does and that urge WILL pass. If we can believe and act upon that, I think that's maintaining made a whole lot easier :) I've had nicely painted nails since I started this diet. Great distraction putting each coat on and being unable to eat whilst it dries!

I just got too busy to think about it to be fair x

See next post. My kindle is playing up :p

Last edited:
6lbs is an amazing loss :wow: especially if totm is due. Congratulations for not giving in to temptation too. Have a great weekend x :party0011:

I've had a quiet weekend, the clocks changing has mucked up today (baby woke at 4.45am for the day and has a blocked nose so he's struggling) I've been shopping with my eldest son and done some housework but I just feel wiped out today. Still no sign of the monthly visitor, good job I'm sterilised or I'd be in a panic right now.

So I'm struggling to understand this food week nonsense. I should've started it yesterday but I forgot. I dont understand why it's even needed. So I had a boiled egg and a bit of chicken. Won't eating extra knock me out of ketosis? I don't want that, it was a pain getting into it lol

The food week is so that your body doesn't panic and go into starvation mode. You need to have at least 201 calories ontop of your packs for food week. You can do this in the form of milk if you don't want to add real food and as long as you stick to ketosis friendly foods (high protein, low carb) then you won't come out of ketosis, your loss for that week might be less or STS but most people find it jumps starts their losses again when they finish food week. :)

OK but I don't understand why they say 201 cals of milk when milk isnt on the list of ketosis friendly foods lol. I'll give it a go this week but I'm sceptical :rolleyes:
My kids are in cahoots together, 4.45am yesterday morning, 5.15am this morning. I guess its heading in the right direction, fingers crossed they sleep a little longer. Damn you British Summer Time.

In that small quantity, I think it's like 450mls for semi-skimmed milk, it won't do any harm and it's more an alternative for if you really don't want to consume real food or really miss milk in tea or coffee. Some people fear consuming real food will mean they will want to carry out eating and cause them to stop the diet. On VLCDs, it always comes down to calories and carb amounts and everyone is different. E.g some people can only have one can of Coke Zero a day or they might get knocked out of ketosis whilst others can have lots and be fine.

It's all quite confusing but if it's recommended it's worth trying to get to grips with.

Hope all is well for you :)

thanks sheridan. My TOTM has finally landed, glad it was late now, its landed on food week. I think I'll just have the same food today and see how I go. I feel like I could sleep all day, my little army are trying to break me with sleep depravation lol. Lazy pj day on the cards.

Goodness you have had early starts! Well done for staying on plan when you're so tired. I completely forgot about food week. It used to be every 12 weeks on LL and they suggested mixing shakes with milk instead of water. Milk has lactose so can affect ketosis. I don't know how much you'd need to have it affect though. Eggs and meat would be pretty safe though so I think you're on the right track. Have a great week.

still in a state of exhaustion :cry:I've given up on food week, I accidentally ate a choc muffin and a handful of chips, I think thats the rest of the weeks calories all in one go. Back to 100% today. I'm hoping the boys sleep past 5.30am tomorrow, what a treat that would be. I had to buy a new car seat today, the one I keep in my Dad's car has failed crash tests so its gone to the big car seat heaven in the sky.

Well done for getting back to 100%. Slips are going to happen, it's not letting them escalate which counts! I hope your boys sleep better for you. I might have to start thinking about a new car seat soon. He's grown so fast. Have a great few days.

Yay, he slept until 6.15, it's not much but it's an improvement in the right direction. Just back from toddlers, it was a party so there was lots of cakes and crisps, I didn't even sniff them. I'm feeling very optimistic.

I pulled a muscle in my chest yesterday so I'm spraying on Deep Heat and trying to rest today. I'm wearing a top which I only wore once before I put weight on, it feels great x

Well done on getting back on track & resisting those cakes. Introducing food is so difficult isn't it.

Glad you got a bit of a lay in this morning, my lot are all grown up but I often wonder how we managed when they were little. :eek:

So satisfying when we can get into the next size down, makes it all worth it at the end of the day x

weigh in day, I couldn't believe my scales, I had to step on them 3 times but still got the same result - 15lbs off. I am in shock!
Wowwww isn't that just amazing. Very well done.
Im new to Exante today and it's given me hope lol. How are you doing still? X

Back