Total Solution The Incredible Shrinking Mummy

Ok I've got another 2ish stone to go, going to set myself a January challenge and see how much of that 2 stone I can lose. Then in February (depending on how close I am to the goal weight) I might start intermittent fasting (I liked doing the 5:2 diet before I fell pregnant). Lets see how january goes :rolleyes:

That sounds like a plan.

You can definately make a dent in that 2 stone this month JJ. 5:2 seems to work well for quite a few people. Have you an item of clothing you're aiming to get into?

How're you JJ? Not seen you in a while. Hope all is well. X

Hey all, I lost another 4.5lbs so I've hit 13 stone. I'm very happy with that, and I've decided to move onto the 5:2 just now. I'm going to do slimming world on the 5 days then use up my remaining packs on the fast days. Today is the first day of sw, it's amazing how my portion sizes have shrunk, how full I feel.

Im wearing size 12 now Angel, that was always my goal. They are a little tight due to my pear shaped fatty bum :rolleyes:

I'm hoping once the last 2st goes the chubby thighs and bum will go too. Wishing you all the very best of luck xx

It's all gone so fast. I'm so proud of you! Do keep in touch though, have you started another diary? If not keep me updated on how it's going as I'm going to do the same. Good luck x

I'll be checking up on you all :wave_cry:

I haven't started a new diary yet, I'm drowning under a wave of housework today but plan to start one on the sw section xx

Well my little foray into non-exante was rubbish. I was hungry all the time. I missed ketosis :eek: then on Sunday I found myself in the car in Sainsburys car park eating a bag of cookies I decided I've had enough. So I restarted on Monday

I weighed myself on Monday morning and I am 13st12 :cry:
but I'm definitely in ketosis now, not hungry and more energy. I think I'd prefer to lose this last 2/3st and address my food issues now and after when I'm at my goal weight. I'm a catastrophic eater, I know I'm on a diet and I want to eat junk more than I do when I'm not on a diet. Then when I break the diet I think sod it and go all in, full on junk eating.

So, new plan. Lose the weight, concentrate on maintaining with a decent diet that doesn't make me crave junk. Fingers crossed.

Just tried mushroom risotto :( not a fan

My husband didn't like that one and it didn't look nice. Welcome back to TS. Did anything emotional set you off on the cookie binge? Onwards and downwards. Xxx

No, nothing emotional, just that diet mentality - feel hungry all the time and wanting junk food. I purposely bought 2 bags with the intention of eating one bag before I went home, slipped back into the secret junk food eating. So I'm nipping it in the bud, as long as I have weight to lose a normal diet will have me reverting to old habits. I need to get to a weight I can maintain and work from there, my preferred route is ketosis. I missed the not feeling hungry feeling, weird I know x

Hi JenJeanie!

Sorry to hear that you were struggling with coming away from VLCD but very well done for nipping it in the bud!
I think I'm quite similar - I decided to have a month away from VLCD and was doing well but then the bingeing started - not even sure why!

So back on the diet wagon with you - and here's to us getting to goal!

Good luck with your weigh in when it comes around. :)

I was really worried about restarting, from experience the week after food week was so hard so I thought the fresh start would be the same but it's been great. Hopefully your restart will be as good as mine has been x

Hi Jenjeanie,

glad your back as I have enjoyed reading your diary.
Where do you buy the slim rice from as I may use it for food week?

thanks

DenDen you get it online at Amazon, in Holland & Barratts and from the manufacturer website, I think it's called Eat Water x

I weighed in on Monday, I've lost 6lbs, pretty abysmal compared to my first time round weight loss, I guess a restart weight loss can be lower. I'm pleased with it anyway. Onwards and downwards x

Forgot to weigh yesterday, I've been so busy getting the house ready for the new Central heating. But it's final done. The house is in an awful mess, I could cry :(

Awww, poor you. One thing after another.

Restart losses can indeed be lower. I was told that this is because the body 'remembers' the last time you did a VLCD and is ahead of the game! So you don't lose quite as much as you did before. Mind you I'd LOVE to have a 6lb loss in one week. All the best, keep your head down and plough on through x

6lb is still a great start JJ. Remember you're lighter now than when you started before. Concentrate on getting your place spick and span again after all the work and it'll take your mind off the first few days. I'm finding these few days of getting back into K much harder than when I initially started. The daft thing is I know if I get through two weeks TS it feels great and the losses are too.

Onwards and downwards!

Had pretty shoddy week, today is a new day though. My Mum is restarting today, she's off on holiday in a couple of months. I do find it easier with a diet buddy. Onwards and downwards. Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Good luck hun. Remember to think in terms of progress, not perfection. I've read that in lots of different places over the years and it helps me x

Back