The Incredible Shrinking Woman

Hi, that's brilliant that you play in band. My grandad from Donegal used to play fiddle in a Ceilidh band too. Everyone's a musician on that side of the family.

I play piano and guitar, but haven't played live in a long time. I miss the buzz of performing, the build up, getting the gear out of the van and setting-up and everything. It's not the same as playing in your living room!

Mark

I bought a loively jacket one size up due to my big boobs and it's tailored so it gave me not enough movement in the jacket. I've been buying cheap clothes when I was on Lipotrim as I was losing so much so quickly. I managed to buy myself a £13 pair of skinny jeans from New Look. They don't only are fab, look great and good quality as I wear them all the time :D

We have a guitarist in our band but there's always room for one more!

Thanks for the offer, it's tempting!

I'm more jazz/blues - but seemed to lose heart somewhere along the way. My teenage boy is learning piano now, so the tradition continues for another generation. I've been showing him how to improvise around the pentatonic blues scale - he's a natural.

Keep fiddling, and hope your next gig is a belter.

Mark

Weight is dissolving beautifully - another 2lbs gone since Monday's weigh in by the looks of things! And it appears I DO have cheekbones!!!! Life is full of lovely surprises!

My two sisters have decided they want to give Dukan a go - yay! Our brother is getting married in October and we are all going to Sweden for the wedding, and they want to lose as much as they can before then. Would be nice having a bit of family support.

So you've traded the cellulite for cheekbones!! Good swap!:D brilliant that your siblings are going to join you - just shows what a good advert for Dukan you are. I too have a wedding in Sweden but not until July when hopefully I'll have been a skinny Minnie for months.

I love the dressing up for weddings. Have you got your outfit sorted or is there exciting shopping in your future? :)Xx

I bought a loively jacket one size up due to my big boobs and it's tailored so it gave me not enough movement in the jacket. I've been buying cheap clothes when I was on Lipotrim as I was losing so much so quickly. I managed to buy myself a £13 pair of skinny jeans from New Look. They don't only are fab, look great and good quality as I wear them all the time :D

Sounds good - what a bargain!

Picked up a pair of straight leg jeans from Tesco. Took about 15 pairs in to try them on, in 12s and 14s.

The majority were far too long but I managed to actually find some short length jeans which are perfect! The 14 fitted really well, but were slightly loose so I didn't think it was worth getting them. So I have taken the size 12 ones and though they are ever so slightly tight on the waist they will last me longer and look great! :D :D

Get me - in size 12 jeans! Cannot believe it and can't remember the last time I was a size 12 anything! Well chuffed. Still most definitely a 14 on the top though boo hiss! Really hoping I lose more off my boobs.

Thanks for the offer, it's tempting!

I'm more jazz/blues - but seemed to lose heart somewhere along the way. My teenage boy is learning piano now, so the tradition continues for another generation. I've been showing him how to improvise around the pentatonic blues scale - he's a natural.

Keep fiddling, and hope your next gig is a belter.

Mark

Is great your son is musical too. My girls have never been terribly interested up to now, despite my efforts to teach them. They would probably get on with a different teacher!

Thanks Mark. Will let you know how the next one goes - early October I think!

So you've traded the cellulite for cheekbones!! Good swap!:D brilliant that your siblings are going to join you - just shows what a good advert for Dukan you are. I too have a wedding in Sweden but not until July when hopefully I'll have been a skinny Minnie for months.

I love the dressing up for weddings. Have you got your outfit sorted or is there exciting shopping in your future? :)Xx

Haha yeah, I think I won out on that deal!

Yep am really looking forward to getting dressed up for the wedding. Haven't got anything sorted yet as there is still almost 6wks to go so am hoping I will have lost another half stone by then at least. Will go shopping nearer the time. More dress pics will be required!

Funny that we both have weddings to go to in Sweden of all places! You must post a pic of skinny you in your glam outfit in July!

Well, it's been a most boring day today. Is cold, dreary and wet outside so have stayed in and got on with the housework mostly. Have my first ever batch of yoghurt on in the slow cooker! Planning to turn some of it into cheese too... bought hankies and everything!

Will be in work full-time so have meal planned and bought food in for the entire week. Going to make a few new recipes and will test them out on the family. Roasting a whole chicken today and will use it for lunches so for a change am fairly organised.

Except I wanted to make the jaffa biscuit thingys, but couldn't find wheat bran. Grrr. What is it with these bran products? Will need to make a trip to the health shop.

We are away down South to collect my daughter from her holiday next Friday. Will be my first trip away since starting Dukan and it's quite nerve wracking... Are staying in a hotel so at least I can have eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms etc for breakfast, providing they are not fried. Other than that can pick at the cold meats if they have any...

Our friend will be making us dinner one day and she knows I am dukaneering, so am hoping she will be kind to me! The second day FIL is taking us out for a meal. I think it might be a carvery restaurant which would be great! It's really just lunch which might be a problem. Might have to take packs of cooked chicken and eggs with me... Will have my oatbran in yogurt.

Hubby thinks I should be drinking that weekend and says my friend will feel left out if she is drinking and I am not. Have told him that I don't need to drink to have a good time (this is true - am a loony intoxicated or not) and my friend hardly drinks anything anyway. Am sure she won't be in the slightest bit bothered and as she is always trying to lose weight she knows how important this diet is to me. So not giving in!

Off to prepare dinner. Pepper stew with lots of veg, and pots for the family. Yum.

:banana dancer: Woohoo, good for you and congrats on your size 12 jeans! :bunnydance:I hope to lose some more from my chest as well but am afraid they'll stay the size they're now...

Haha yeah, I think I won out on that deal!

Yep am really looking forward to getting dressed up for the wedding. Haven't got anything sorted yet as there is still almost 6wks to go so am hoping I will have lost another half stone by then at least. Will go shopping nearer the time. More dress pics will be required!

Funny that we both have weddings to go to in Sweden of all places! You must post a pic of skinny you in your glam outfit in July!

You're right to wait and the shops are full of fabulous frocks at the minute so you'll have no problem getting something gorgeous! Will be only delighted to post skinny me pics, hopefully in the New Year. :)Xx

You're right to wait and the shops are full of fabulous frocks at the minute so you'll have no problem getting something gorgeous! Will be only delighted to post skinny me pics, hopefully in the New Year. :)Xx

Good - can't wait to see them!!

Another week of working full-time. Can't wait until dd comes home and I can go back to part-time!

Am all organised for today though. Lovely home made yogurt is draining in the fridge - Mirjam it is just so delicious! And worked beautifully am glad to say!

Beef Luk Lak is cooking in the slow cooker and will be ready for us coming home. Making Lausanne's jaffa cakes for tonight. Have some mackerel pate in the fridge and a cooked chicken so will have those for lunch.

This diet is amazing - I've never eaten so well!

Waiting for the storm to hit :eek: The last storms were a nightmare here. So much damage and our village got blocked off with falling trees. Hoping this one isn't as destructive.

Hope everyone has a lovely day and stays safe!

wheesht - I just saw your pics - wow!! You look amazing, you can see such a change already! Well done you x

Hope you stay safe today and don't have too many problems from the storm xx

Good - can't wait to see them. Making Lausanne's jaffa cakes for tonight.
Hope everyone has a lovely day and stays safe!

Hope jaffas turned out okay - i made them again without adding sweetener , the sf jelly adds enough sweetness for me. Tasted best when cooled out of the oven, lost their crispiness the next day. :(

Hope storm not too wild with you - we're getting off not too bad here in the northwest.:)Xx

wheesht - I just saw your pics - wow!! You look amazing, you can see such a change already! Well done you x

Hope you stay safe today and don't have too many problems from the storm xx

Aw thanks couteaux! Still got quite a way to go but can't believe the change already! You can see my belly in that dress though... :rolleyes: One day I will have a stomach to die for!

Hope jaffas turned out okay - i made them again without adding sweetener , the sf jelly adds enough sweetness for me. Tasted best when cooled out of the oven, lost their crispiness the next day. :(

Hope storm not too wild with you - we're getting off not too bad here in the northwest.:)Xx

Storm was better than expected. All a bit of something over nothing in the end thankfully!

The jaffas didn't turn out quite as I'd expected :D I put them into muffin cases and they stuck to them! Still, managed to peel the paper off and had a few yesterday and they were very nice. Filling too! Got the rest for today :)

Will make them again, without the muffin cases, and will heat the mixture for less time over the water as I think I overdid it.

Today has been good, diet wise. Really enjoyed the jaffa cakes and yogurt today yum.

A bit stressed about work though. Am really, really behind with the accounts and have to have our VAT return prepared by the end of September. Have only input half of July's accounts into Sage, and haven't even started August or September yet.

But can't get any accounts done because a) dd is still on holiday and I am spending all day doing flippin' orders and b) we are relocating in two weeks and I'm still trying to organise loads of things :cry:

Haven't sorted out the new office insurance. Haven't heard back from the telephone company about when they are installing the lines - if we have no telephone lines or broadband, we have no business. Need to get loads of new furniture etc. Trying to get signs ordered and installed. And a million other things. Everything is taking too long! Haven't even started to think about physically moving all the stock, office equipment, furniture etc. Still have the old office to repaint for leaving, and have the new offices to paint for moving in! Aaargh! :eek:

And breathe.

The move will probably go ok. The new offices are being fitted out over the next few days and already are looking great so dh says. Am going to pop in tomorrow to see them as I have to tell the electrician where I want all the sockets and lights to be fixed. Is quite exciting but scary at the same time.

And totm is looming. Warning - doom and gloom will follow! :rolleyes:

Hi Wheesht! I love your menus - I might have to start stealing them as I am bored silly with my own. The office move also sounds stressful and exciting at the same time. Fell free to share any doom and gloom, we'll help you perk up or at least sympathsize :)

Back