The Jiggery Pokery Team - Team 2

We CAN do it!!! ive been battling with my cravings the last couple of days :( my pizza hut mistake on friday has taken outta ketosis and im now retaining water like a sponge - i was 100% sat and sun yet have apparently gained back 5 lbs :confused: am hoping that i'll pee mosta that out over next couple of days and get back to ketosis asap!!! i want these cravings away!!!!

am having my fruits of the forest shake just now and im discovering that how something looks,smells and tastes are very different things - it looks and smells delish but im having to force it down cos it tastes eeeewie!!!

well heres hoping for some loss the next few days :innocent0001:

Well I did it, I've been to the gym! And man am I feeling it now. I can't believe how unfit I've becoming in the 2 months I've not been. Everything was so hard. But I feel so much better for going. I don't know what I was so worried about because it's still the same people there, that were there before. It didn't seem too daunting when I walked in. So I'm finally back in the swing of it, yay. And do you know what - I've missed it!!

I'm watching How To Get What You Want, at the moment. It's about winning tonight, but I think some of the things they're talking about can be applied to weight loss too.

1. Attention to detail - I guess I need to be paying attention to when and why I over eat.
2. Baby Steps - By taking one day at a time
3. Charting your Progress - keeping track of weightlosses keeps me motivated.
4. Exceeding Small Goals Often - also helps with maintaining motivation.
5. Stay Positive - I'm always in danger when I start to doubt that I can do this.
6. Visualise being successful - visualisation creates new neural pathways and help bring success.

I'm really glad I watched that programme, I thought it was going to be mumbo jumbo, but it actually makes a lot of sense. Hope it helps you as much as it's helped me!

Last edited:
Hi ladies!!!

Sorry I've been AWOL - I've been really bad :( but have re-focused myself now so WILL be on here EVERY night hopefully on here talking about my 100% day.

Surfhunny - that doesn't sound like mumbo jumbo at all. I think that a positive attitude goes a long way and totally agree with the paying attention to detail - I tend to blur away details if I'm doing something that I shouldn't be whereas I am meticulous with details if I'm achieving

Happy Cambridging everyone!!

hey hey all! ive beeen ss 100% every day since friday and yet am still 2lbs heavier than i was at wi on sat :confused: im drinking loads and not cheated in the slightest but im still not back in keto after my slip up on friday :( its my totm and i havent been to the toilet since friday so i hope that accounts for the extra weight cos i havent eaten a thin but cd stuff :( so confused and annoyed cos i wanna see the scales moving downwards when im working so hard at this! not upwards!!! why are bodies such odd things that seem to be able to do the impossible! like gaining weight when in total carb and calorie deficit!!!!

xxcxx

hey hey all! ive beeen ss 100% every day since friday and yet am still 2lbs heavier than i was at wi on sat :confused: im drinking loads and not cheated in the slightest but im still not back in keto after my slip up on friday :( its my totm and i havent been to the toilet since friday so i hope that accounts for the extra weight cos i havent eaten a thin but cd stuff :( so confused and annoyed cos i wanna see the scales moving downwards when im working so hard at this! not upwards!!! why are bodies such odd things that seem to be able to do the impossible! like gaining weight when in total carb and calorie deficit!!!!

xxcxx

Well, the body is a very smart machine, and to some level, thank goodness adapts rather well. As my CDC said, every time we blip on such a low calorie plan, the body remembers, so the next time, it holds on to everything just a bit longer. So each time it takes a longer time for it to "let go" of the weight, esp if you blip off and on. Plus do you really want to be losing the "same" pounds over and over? That's what she told me when I couldn't get a grip and get over the 220 hurdle, that being said, it's very hard to go without "real" food for a long time (perso, i find 3 weeks to be my limit)... So i add in a few SS+ meals. I say whatever works for you (and your body of course !):D

all quiet in here i've noticed!!! was wondering if we should have a little in house competition?? like biggest loser outta the team for march or something?? the winner could get something for in their sig?? dunno if anyone else would fancy this but it could be a fun way of keeping motivation high! the winner could be "crowned" on the last day of the month??

post if you fancy it :)
xcx

Sure!!! I noticed it was quiet in here too!!! I've been sooo good I amaze myself!! However I honestly don't know how long it'll last so a little friendly competition would prob do me some good!! My wi was supposed to be today as mycdc has been away. She called and rescheduled for Tom. Kinda peeved but as Wed seems to be ONE of my bad days, it's keeping me 99% today

excellent enlightenme!!
hope the others are up for it !!

xcx

I'm up for it, if I may join too.

I got weighed today and lost 1lb - which is really good considering I wasn't on plan most of last week. I'm aiming for 5lb to take me to 2 nd 1/2 stone down this week so I REALLY need to be 100% all this week - NO excuses!!

obvs u welcome its an open invite to everyone on the team :)
was thinking we could do this monthly and get a "miss jiggery pokery march..april..blah blah" glittery thing for the winners sig?!?

xcx

Hiya girls

Sorry not posted in a while... lost 5lb at wi on Monday xx

Thanks Hun xx

wow oisin - you're a real inspiration!! :)

xcx

Well done Oisin, that's fab. I'm up for the challenge. I need something to keep me motivated. Anything like this will help. I've not been about much because I've got all these social things to go and I'll be so glad when they're all over, because as you know my friends world centres around food and eating out. I've got 2 more obligations and then I can turn down anything else.

So while I know I'm not in with a chance for March, everyone better watch out in April lol xx

I'm going to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D tonight, and I'm seriously going to have to be very strong to stay away from the pick n mix and Ben and Jerry's. Especially after the night I had last night, it was the second to last of my unavoidble functions and boy did I eat. But, what's done is done, and I've had the horrible day 1 headache all day as punishment.

So until Thursday and the last of my unavoidable functions I'm going give it 100%, keep going to the gym and keep guzzling the water. Hope everyone else is having a good weekend, it's awefully quiet on here, so I hope that means that everyone is getting on great. xxx

Oo - I'm going to watch Alice in Wonderland next Wednesday, the pick and mix never bothers me but I was really tested today when I went to Burger King with my other half and son - I stayed true and slugged on my water and ate my bar

grrrr!!!! gained 1.5 lbs this week :( sad times but not surprisin really given the period and the last minute emotional munching!!! defo gonna lose that though and have set myself a mini goal to get under 14st this week. was 14st6 yesterday so wanna lose at least 6.5 lbs. can do it hell yeah!!!!
went to an engagement party last night and totally avoided the buffet :) was quite easy though cos the food wasn't labelled and one of the things was haggis pakora and i would have been scared of getting a surprise at that one!!!
was a fun night though and i was up dancing within 5 mins of arriving (in my fabulous dress and huuuuuuge shoes!) so reckon i got a good workout!!!

well plan for today is -

bfast - choc mint
lunch - strawberry
dinner - lucky dip for a bar!!!

good luck today everyone!!

xcx

Hey girls

Sorry a quick post from me.. just reporting my loss of 6.5lb this week.. Will hopefully be back later for a catch up xx

Back