The journey continues!

Oooh, trying out the tests at My Healthchecker | Embarrassing Bodies | Health | Channel4.com/bodies

My bmi is 29 (knew that already)
It's measurements thing shows me as 27% body fat, which says healthy weight!!! (My scales show 37%... so probably not quite there yet.) I'm going to see the GP next week to talk to her about it.

Apparently my BMR is 1655, and my daily calorie needs are 2566 per day. That makes sense, so with 600 calories consumed in a day, I'm burning up 2000 calories a day of stored fat... so about 1/2 a pound (except some days I'm having more than 600 cals, but still, it does make sense)

My average reaction time was 378ms

Then I got bored :)

cybill said:
Oooh, trying out the tests at My Healthchecker | Embarrassing Bodies | Health | Channel4.com/bodies

My bmi is 29 (knew that already)
It's measurements thing shows me as 27% body fat, which says healthy weight!!! (My scales show 37%... so probably not quite there yet.) I'm going to see the GP next week to talk to her about it.

Apparently my BMR is 1655, and my daily calorie needs are 2566 per day. That makes sense, so with 600 calories consumed in a day, I'm burning up 2000 calories a day of stored fat... so about 1/2 a pound (except some days I'm having more than 600 cals, but still, it does make sense)

My average reaction time was 378ms

Then I got bored :)

Lol I was finding this all really interesting then got to the last line and chuckled out loud :) I was interested even if you weren't lol

Wooohooo, weigh in day today, I've lost 4lbs and I've made it into the 13's :D:D (just!) I'm soooooooooo happy :D And shred completed too (although the stomach crunches didn't work quite so well, as little one decided that me lying on the floor was the perfect opportunity to sit on my head... it made the crunches a little more tricky!)

Wow ur pics are totally incredible well Done hunny.. And what a fab result.. 4lbs is just brilliant.. You really are an inspiration chick.. It's people like you that keeps us going... Have a beautiful Saturday x x

Well done Rachel x

I seriously need my arse kicking ... Your just amazing cybil... You really are.. Hun.. I need to get my act together pronto the way I'm going...

Keep it up lovely lady x x

I've still been doing quite a lot of faffing, it's taken me about 5 months now to lose this 3 stone, but I just keep focusing again on why I'm doing this. I'm also so determined to really see it all the way through to my goal. It's the first time in my life I've really dared set my goal all the way to actually a healthy weight, as I've never been prepared to believe that it may even be possible for me. I daren't give up on myself, as I don't know that I'd be able to get the motivation to get back on it again. Even when I wobble, I'm not letting myself think that I'm stopping the diet. I'm really finding tripple whopper's 100 day motivation chart really good. I've printed it out A3 size on bright pink paper, and today is now 13 days in a row on track (my usual TS /WS mixture!)

I'm still a bit nervous about actually getting all the way to the end. Today's scales result was a really big achievement for me... when I think back to how nervous I was even getting to the 16's and the 15's, it's amazing to see that I've now reached the top of the 13's. I've only got to get to the bottom of the 12's (all the way to the bottom 12:0) to hit a healthy weight. It really does seem possible, and I hope if I can keep this focus up that I may even achieve that healthy weight by the August Bank Holiday challenge - and then perhaps I can start reintroducing foods in September.

I was at a quiet day today, which was great to have time out to be still. There was a great verse that was read out that really struck home to me - 'Do not worry about what you eat, drink and wear' - it just seemed so relevant to me today! I'd been getting a little bit anxious about what happens when I get to goal - both about clothes - what on earth am I going to wear / what will suit me / look good, and also what am I going to eat - will I be able to find a way to eat that means that I won't put weight back on again. I guess I have quite a lot of fear that I will just pile the pounds straight on again once I finish this - which I really don't want to do. I'm trying to find some peace about it, and just focus on one day at a time.

At the moment, I know I can lose the weight, and that's what I need to concentrate on now. I'm building more exercise into my week, with the shred and the cycling; and I can feel it making a difference, I'm a lot fitter than I used to be. I think I just need to keep going with this and know that I can tackle things one at a time.

Step 1 - lose the weight (which I'm definitely on track with :) )
Step 2 - reintroduce food without going loopy - plan for September
Step 3 - maintain my weight between 11:3 and 12:0, so that I never pop over the top of healthy weight again.

When I think back, my Dad used to keep an eye on his weight really carefully, and whenever he hit a certain point he would increase the amount of exercise he did, normally running /jogging, until he'd got it back within his happy range. I think I will need to do the same.

Anyway, I will stop waffling now! And back to focusing on today, and just staying on track to get this weight off!

Wow Rachel- huge congratulations. Must be lovely to see those scale readings going down. Must be time for another balloon now then? How are you finding the shred? I did day 1 today and only managed 8 mins- I felt like such a failure and clearly am so desperately unfit. Hope you are having a lovely Sunday xxx

Well done chick, sounds like you are doing really really good!!!...xxx

So pleased, today is now 14 days on track :) (Although I didn't manage to do the shred today.) My plan is to get up tomorrow and do it first thing again - I do feel good when I do that.

I'm really hopeful I'll drop 2lbs during this week at some point so that I can go and get my next balloon!

I'm nearly 75% of the way from where I started to my ultimate goal, and 80% of the way to a healthy weight! It doesn't quite seem real.

OK, having been on this 3.5 months, I figure starting a diary may help me to break through this wall I've hit at the moment. I'm in the mid-16's and I'm terrified of getting into the 15's and going further. I've never done it before, it's a journey into the unknown and I keep sabotaging myself.

Can't believe I wrote this on 22nd February, and have managed to persevere through my own sabotaging efforts and have actually got to the 13's! And I'm going to go all the way through, and get to the 11's

Wow! Fabulous that you've broken another milestone. You are a real inspiration, really really well done:happy096:
x

yay....Go Rachel xxxxx

Back