The journey continues!

Fantastic photos Rachel- such slim legs-wow lucky you- mine are like tree stumps!!!! Loving your daughter helping you too- sooooooo cute! Well done indeed xx

Thank you all for your lovely comments :) I hadn't realised my legs had got so slim until I saw the pic, it's weird, I look at the pic and still don't really realise they're my legs... I really am achieving my goals :)

Got up and did shred again first thing. Little one helped again - a new feature this morning. Today I managed to persuade her that when I do the jumping jacks, jump rope bits etc, that she does jumping /bouncing too. Well today, when I paused in a couple of the jumping bits to catch my breath, I got a barrage of nononononononoooo - i.e. keep jumping mummy, don't stop - because she wanted to carry on bouncing, and was only doing it when I was! I think I have my very own little personal trainer!

Miss-G said:
Omg Rach how slim do you look on there!!! Wish my legs were as slim as yours :D
Your wee girls adorable and very helpful ;) xx

I was gonna comment on your skinny legs!!! Your daughter is adorable, such a cutie!!

cybill said:
Thank you all for your lovely comments :) I hadn't realised my legs had got so slim until I saw the pic, it's weird, I look at the pic and still don't really realise they're my legs... I really am achieving my goals :)

Got up and did shred again first thing. Little one helped again - a new feature this morning. Today I managed to persuade her that when I do the jumping jacks, jump rope bits etc, that she does jumping /bouncing too. Well today, when I paused in a couple of the jumping bits to catch my breath, I got a barrage of nononononononoooo - i.e. keep jumping mummy, don't stop - because she wanted to carry on bouncing, and was only doing it when I was! I think I have my very own little personal trainer!

Oh that is sooooo sweet bless her :D go mini trainer!

cybill said:

Ooooohhh :D
How excellent is that ? :D
I love her enthusiasm... You will be at level 3 before you realise ;)

I'm feeling on such a roll at the moment, it's great. Having been faffing around for a few months, it feels so good to actually be back in the zone. I love the star chart - I'm still a child at heart and love the shiny stickers I get to put on each day. It's also really good to know that if I follow it through I really can reach my goal by the end of the chart. It's a little bit overwhelming to think that I can actually achieve a healthy weight - it's not just people on the telly or in magazines, it's not just pie in the sky dreaming, it's something I really can do, and am getting so close to actually achieving.

I love all your comments about my legs, I've laughed so hard at the comments on Clair's diary. You've really made my day :D

I think mostly today though, I've just been reflecting on how much this journey has made a difference to me. I stumbled on this site from a google search on Exante, and it has just been fantastic. You guys have really helped me to believe that it's possible to do.

Losing the weight feels like letting go of shackles that have been holding on to me for years. As well as literally being lighter, I feel like I've been letting go of loads of baggage and behaviours that are really not helping me. It's amazing how many areas of my life it's starting to touch. In the last few weeks I've been doing loads of clearing up and sorting out (I'm sure part of this is related to the priest /career thing too), but having been a hoarder for years, I'm finally feeling able to let go of things. The first thing has been letting go of the weight, letting go of that being part of my identity. But now, as I'm feeling more and more confident at just getting on with being me, I'm feeling able to let go of so much more stuff that I've just been holding on to.

It's much like the weight really, it's just baggage that I've been hiding behind, holding on to because I'm scared to let it go. But actually releasing it, freecycling it, tipping it, giving it away, I'm feeling so much freer to just get on being myself. I had no idea, when I started on Exante back in October, quite how life changing it could be. It is just amazing how much better every day seems without the physical and psychological weight around me.

I want to bottle these feelings today of belief, energy, focus, and bring them out again on wobbly days! Last week I was so optimistic about the weight that I actually scheduled some time in my diary tomorrow to go and get my 8 balloon! (I really hope the scales tomorrow show 13:11, so that I can actually do it!)

Hi Rachel,

New poster here - just wanted to say what a FANTASTIC inspiration you are. I've read your entire diary this evening. And I'm not just talking about inspiring people to lose weight. It's inspiring people to think positively and work hard! You really do come across as a wonderful person. I'm so happy for you and you completely deserve to hit and maintain your target weight.

Hi Rachel,

New poster here - just wanted to say what a FANTASTIC inspiration you are. I've read your entire diary this evening. And I'm not just talking about inspiring people to lose weight. It's inspiring people to think positively and work hard! You really do come across as a wonderful person. I'm so happy for you and you completely deserve to hit and maintain your target weight.

Wow, thank you Cherry Pie. It's great to hear that by sharing my journey that it's inspiring others too. Good luck wherever your journey is taking you next :)

Good luck on balloon number 8!! :) I've been really struggling lately but reading through your diary the last few days gave me a huge boost of confidence and made me realise that it can be done; you are doing it!! And maybe I could do it too :)

xxx

Oh Rachel....
I definately know what you mean about the clearing out malarky.
I am/have been experiencing this for the past couple of months since starting this diet.
It am finding it very cathartic letting go of it all.... and it really is helping me move on.
You sound like you are in a very similar place :).
Long may it continue :D

Well, very good day so far.
Did the 7am shred - such a boost to the morning. And then........

Soooooooooo excited, the scales showed 13:11 (Ok, it was the third time of standing on them, the first two it showed 13:12) but that's good enough for me - I've now lost 8 stone!!!!! I can go and get my balloon at lunchtime :D :D :D

cybill said:
Well, very good day so far.
Did the 7am shred - such a boost to the morning. And then........

Soooooooooo excited, the scales showed 13:11 (Ok, it was the third time of standing on them, the first two it showed 13:12) but that's good enough for me - I've now lost 8 stone!!!!! I can go and get my balloon at lunchtime :D :D :D

So happy for you Cybill!! That is brilliant. Keep it up. You are my inspiration on two levels. 1 when you started you had lots of weight to lose and 2 fertility issues that lessened as you lost weight.
Keep going!!
Xx

That's fantastic Rachel :D very well done :D xx

Oh Rachel....
I definately know what you mean about the clearing out malarky.
I am/have been experiencing this for the past couple of months since starting this diet.
It am finding it very cathartic letting go of it all.... and it really is helping me move on.
You sound like you are in a very similar place :).
Long may it continue :D

You're right Marge, it's so cathartic, and hopefully all this letting go will put is in a good place to move forward at the end of the diet too! It does indeed sound like we're in a similar place - it feels really exciting :D

Back