The journey continues!

Hey Rach we miss you x

Hiya Rachel..
I hope you're well
xxx

Thank you ladies :) It's great to have such encouragement.

I've really fallen off the last few weeks - I've spent a lot of time the last couple of days trying to work out what's going on, and why I'm struggling so much. I've been feeling pretty stressed about September, I think there's a lot going on. My Mum gets married next week, I start my college course, I'm also doing a 45 mile charity bike ride, and my brother is home from Kenya for the month; so we'll get ot meet our new niece too. It's lots of exciting things, but I think also a little daunting; there's a lot of things changing in the family. I'd also had my target to reach my goal weight in this time too. I think I just switched back to 'help, stop, too much change, I want something to feel familiar'. Stupidly I picked food as the thing to hold on to.

I know I've been sabotaging myself; which I'm annoyed about, it started with a little bit of this and that, but ended up as full on chocolage binges; which I feel embarrassed about and cross with myself for letting myself go back there. However, I have now stopped. My weight yesterday morning was 14:10, and I started back TS yesterday. Today it's 14:7, and I'm determined to lose this last 3 stone; and then do a sensible route back to maintaining!

To help me remember, this is how I feel having eaten rubbish and put some weight on again:
  • Cross
  • Out of breath
  • Annoyed
  • Guilty
  • Ashamed
  • Bloated
  • Lethargic
  • Out of control
So here I am, back again!

I'm also going to start back with Beck. So here goes, Beck day 1.

My advantages for losing weight. Some of these are the same as my original ones:
  • I will be healthy
  • I will set a good example to give our daughter the best chance to be healthy too
  • I will be able to shop for clothes in any shop
  • I will look good and believe that I look good
  • I will be the healthy Mum and the healthy friend
  • I will be the best version of me that I can be, and not hide behind anything
  • I will stand straight, tall and proud
  • I will feel fantastic and full of energy
  • I will be in control of what I eat
  • I will be living, breathing and being the best version of me that I can possibly be
  • I will have accomplished my lifelong goal to be a healthy person.
It feels good to know that I can get back in control of my eating again. I also feel determined to fight all these demons and sabotaging thoughts, and actually win this fight with myself to get to a healthy weight. So here I am, today is day 2, and my aim is to have lost this last 3 stone by the end of November.

My first mini goal is to get back into the 13's again, and re hit my 8 stone by our wedding anniversary on September 13th.

cybill said:
Thank you ladies :) It's great to have such encouragement.

I've really fallen off the last few weeks - I've spent a lot of time the last couple of days trying to work out what's going on, and why I'm struggling so much. I've been feeling pretty stressed about September, I think there's a lot going on. My Mum gets married next week, I start my college course, I'm also doing a 45 mile charity bike ride, and my brother is home from Kenya for the month; so we'll get ot meet our new niece too. It's lots of exciting things, but I think also a little daunting; there's a lot of things changing in the family. I'd also had my target to reach my goal weight in this time too. I think I just switched back to 'help, stop, too much change, I want something to feel familiar'. Stupidly I picked food as the thing to hold on to.

I know I've been sabotaging myself; which I'm annoyed about, it started with a little bit of this and that, but ended up as full on chocolage binges; which I feel embarrassed about and cross with myself for letting myself go back there. However, I have now stopped. My weight yesterday morning was 14:10, and I started back TS yesterday. Today it's 14:7, and I'm determined to lose this last 3 stone; and then do a sensible route back to maintaining!

To help me remember, this is how I feel having eaten rubbish and put some weight on again:

[*]Cross
[*]Out of breath
[*]Annoyed
[*]Guilty
[*]Ashamed
[*]Bloated
[*]Lethargic
[*]Out of control

So here I am, back again!

I'm also going to start back with Beck. So here goes, Beck day 1.

My advantages for losing weight. Some of these are the same as my original ones:

[*]I will be healthy
[*]I will set a good example to give our daughter the best chance to be healthy too
[*]I will be able to shop for clothes in any shop
[*]I will look good and believe that I look good
[*]I will be the healthy Mum and the healthy friend
[*]I will be the best version of me that I can be, and not hide behind anything
[*]I will stand straight, tall and proud
[*]I will feel fantastic and full of energy
[*]I will be in control of what I eat
[*]I will be living, breathing and being the best version of me that I can possibly be
[*]I will have accomplished my lifelong goal to be a healthy person.
It feels good to know that I can get back in control of my eating again. I also feel determined to fight all these demons and sabotaging thoughts, and actually win this fight with myself to get to a healthy weight. So here I am, today is day 2, and my aim is to have lost this last 3 stone by the end of November.

My first mini goal is to get back into the 13's again, and re hit my 8 stone by our wedding anniversary on September 13th.

Hey Rach :) really glad you are back
Those 7 lbs will be off in no time :)
3 stone is easily doable by end of Nov :) I started again 2 weeks ago with 3 stone 2 to go and already down to 2 stone 4 1/4 to go :) my goal date is Nov 11th :) we can do this!

Hi Rach,

Our mind's really are amazing things, aren't they? You have the power to control this, and you are heading in the right direction. It's difficult to stay focussed at times, but think about how far you have come, you'll have that 3 st off in no time!

I think we should start a 3st club, as that's what my initial goal is too!! :D

Onwards and downwards hun, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your course when you get there and meet new peeps.

Cx

Last edited:
Its good to see ya back Rachel :D

Just read your diary from back in June. You have done so well and you are such an inspiration to me and others. I have tried other diets but nothing compares to Exante losses, so I have come back. I too have 3 stone to lose to get to a healthy BMI. We can all do this! It's scary but so worth it. Life can be scary and facing challenges presented to us like you have is the best thing to do. Together we can finish what we started. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm soooooo pleased your back. I really have missed you xx

Thank you everyone; it really does feel good to be back and to not let things run away with me. (Apart from the last week, where I really have binged on rubbish), my weight had stayed around 14:0, so I do feel optimistic for when I finally finish the weight loss bit; that it will be possible to maintain as well; which is exciting.

cybill said:
Thank you everyone; it really does feel good to be back and to not let things run away with me. (Apart from the last week, where I really have binged on rubbish), my weight had stayed around 14:0, so I do feel optimistic for when I finally finish the weight loss bit; that it will be possible to maintain as well; which is exciting.

That's great, maintaining is just as important as the loss :)

14:6 again this morning. I think ketosis has definitely arrived, I'm freezing! (I think I may nick Miss Marge's slankett, that sounded good)

I must remember to wear something warmer to work tomorrow. I've been drinking mugs of hot water all day to help me warm up!

Looking forward to getting home and going through Beck day 2. I know when I was following Beck earlier in the year it really helped to keep me focused. Determined to do all the homework and help it retrain my brain! (I think 36 years of not so good behaviour around eating will need a fair bit of retraining!)

Ahhhh the slankett :D
It was a xmas pressie :D
Best thing ever. Everyone should have one :D

I'm STS this morning too... maybe the latter end of the week will be kind to us both :)

notsoskinnymarge said:
Ahhhh the slankett :D
It was a xmas pressie :D
Best thing ever. Everyone should have one :D

I'm STS this morning too... maybe the latter end of the week will be kind to us both :)

I got a cheap slant knockoff from the oh the cats and I love it :)

I don't need a slanket, I'm still wearing my size 24 dressing gown ;) lol xx

notsoskinnymarge said:
Get a slankett wummin... get rid of the size 24's in any clothing !!! :eek:

Noway, I'm keeping the hoosecoat ;) xx

Back