The Journey of H - depression

Jane you need one search it on the lakeland site :)

right todays weigh in showed a loss of 1.4lb :) not too bad at least its a loss - but us girls always want more dont we

well done on the 1.4lbs, it's going the right way:)
Hope you get a chance to go shopping soon in Cheltenham. My sis used to live there so know it a bit and it's pretty good for shopping.

Good luck for the week ahead.

Cheltenham is really good for shopping

well my mood is not on the up yet but has definitely stopped the nasty slide down into the deep dark pit

I have been so good today
out with a friend who had full fat latte and toasted tea cake with lots of butter - up the pub tonight for drinks and knitting and everyone else had the dessert of the day - looked lovely meringue with cream icecream and fruit sauces - I didnt have one - didnt want it - so that was good

tomorrow I am working for half the day
I will choose yarn to make some prem baby cardies for a friends daughter - the baby will be born c section at the latest 32 weeks :(
I am really enjoying my food choices on SW - and I didnt enjoy them so much on WW - I know I was eating a lot of processed foods and far to much bread for my system to cope with

tomorrow I will have fruit and yog
lunch will be jacket with beans mushrooms and a healthy a of cheese
dinner will be spagbol with some parmigiana (might syn that) then will have healthy a milk for a hot chocolate and an extra b which could be cereal bars and then lots of syns left

today I have so far had 0 sysns and dont really want anything so will have a few extra tomorrow :)

Thank you so much for the visits
I am so pleased to see the weight moving again
after months of not really doing anything 1.4lb is a solid amount to lose

right I have chosen a word for today
its lighter

so why lighter
well my mood is lighter (not much but noticable)
and of course I am lighter
my purse is also lighter as I bought a new lippy and nail varnish yesterday

At the moment I am not finding the plan hard to stick too - I really dont know why I didnt come back before - only that I cant get to classes - that must have been what stopped me

dinner tonight is in the slow cooker - when I get home from work today I will cook a huge frittata and that will be my lunch for the next couple of days - with a couple of mug shots in the cupboard at work just in case I need them

scale hopping this morning showed another loss - lets hope I can keep that off for next week
I know why this happens Dh cooks Sunday roast - HE uses salt in cooking (not much but some) and I dont so the amount of salt I have on SUnday is enough to ensure I carry a little extra water weight on the Monday
but that is fine as long as it is the same every week

breakfast this morning is very nice
2 activia fat free yogs
over raspberries strawberries and pineapple - topped with a banana - now that should stop me feeling peckish until I get home at two

I hope everyone has a great day and is feeling as positive as I am today

morning H,lovely to hear you sounding so positive, can i have some please?

Jane you can have it in bundles

well I have got home from work only to find I have left my keys (house, car and works) at work they will deliver them
good job S (lodger) was playing truant from work and so able to let
me in

its warm here and a lovely sunny day - think I will take the dogs out for a walk

glad you had a good day despite the keys! Beautiful weather here too, can't believe it's almost October, still in T shirts:)

You deserve it - we did afterall have a 10% challenge and you are SO going to beat me to it
although my weight is shifting again - even more this morning - yes I know I shouldnt scale hope - but it keeps me on track - so to hell with what we should do - I am doing it my way

well some thoughts on slimming world

I can sustain eating this way for every _ afterall I did it for a year e up smoking
I eat far less junk (empty calories - cakes crisps sweets) and as I dont need them thats not a bad thing

other diets allow me to as they are not as resticted so its easier to eat ready meals crisps etc and they really arent as good for you as good home cooked food - the problem - its more time consuming and on days when my knees hurt standing in the kitchen is a problem - so more batch cooking is in order

now I have just found out that my friend nearly lost her baby
she is 25 weeks at the moment and they want to keep her pregnant for at least three more weeks - but she will have a c section at 32 weeks
can anyone tell me how small this baby is likely to be - they want me to knit some premmie cardies as they are so expensive - thats fine but I have no idea what size I might have to make

right off to finish breakie and have a look around

oh and weight down a bit more this morning too :):) - might do a mid week ticker change - just to make me feel good

Morning H. still sounding good there, confess to being surprised how un-negative if feel at the moment ,but i think the healthy eating is helping, until reading your post it hadnt really occured to me how little cr@p i am eating now under the guise of snacks!! I am also finding it so much easier to pull back any little hiccups and blips

Sorry i can thelp on the prem baby cardi size, but i really hope that things go well for your friend. Things like this make us realsie how lucky we all are when we have healthy happy pregnancies and babies.

I quite agree about everything in your post

I am eating so little rubbish and calling it a snack
on other diets I have found myself eating crisps and calling them a snack now I will have something more filling - like a cereal bar (healthy B) or fruit I feel so much healthier and think this is impacting on my depression and helping me feel so much better

I know its more time consuming but I really do enjoy eating this way

and as for the lack on knowledge on prem babies I am so glad we have that lack of knowledge - as you say it helps us realise how lucky we really are

:):)

Olivia wasnt premature but at 6lb 1oz she was tiny and even new born stuff was big on her so i cannot imagine what it must be like. fortunatley these days medical care has moved on and they have much better odds than once.

As for the food/depression thing can only agree, after my week i would've once cleared Asda's chocoltae,wine and cheese shelves !!

Depression hit big time
just want to sit in a corner with a blanket over me

I have to work today *usually day off

so will be coming home and going straight to bed unless things improve

I may not be about for a few days - I need time to heal
so for those that visitgood luck for your weigh ins and have a fab weekend

Jane and Twiglet = be good

Hi hun, sorry you are feeling so depressed, hope you feel better soon. I was put on fluoxetine 2 weeks ago as i was depressed, they still haven't fully kicked in yet but i can start to feel myself getting a bit better now. Maybe you should go and see your gp hun. Hope you are feeling better soon xx

Take all the time you need H, will be here when you return,having recharged your karma ( sorry i did type lama there but changed it). I will try to be good in the meantime:angeldevil:

Well not doing much better
It is not right to work half a day and come home and sleep for the rest of the day and get woken up when others come home and be in bed and asleep for nine and then have trouble waking in the morning

so either its depression and my mind is choosing to heal - or its something esle
I am still on plan

my hair and skin are a mess - so unlike me

well here are two recipes to keep you going

the first I would not freeze the second freezes well

home made houmous

one tin of chickpeas drained
juice of one lemon and one lime
jest of either
4 desert spoons of tahini (2x healthy B - I have half of this mixture at a time)
garlic crushed to taste

salt and pepper to taste
blast in a food processor add extra water to get the correct consistance

roasted veg casserole
free on green

small potatoes onions carrots all quartered sprayed with frylight
put in oven until browned turning as necessary
add any other veg and cut to similar size again roast until browned
put all veg with 2 oxo herbs of choice and a tin of butter beans (because they mash down and thicken the sauce) into food processor and leave for the day

we have this then those that eat meat have their meat cooked - this makes a lovely base for a sausage casserole

Back