The last of the Mohicans

Congratulations on starting with a PT! And if you are new to exercise, you will definitely feel it for up to 48 hours afterwards. I still have sessions with my PT now where I struggle to sit down or climb stairs the next day if she's been extra harsh on me, and I've been seeing her for over a year! But it's a good sign that you are working your muscles, and it does get better with time.

My PT insists that I've had my morning shake before she trains me - your body needs some fuel in it, otherwise there is the risk of going lightheaded and injuring yourself - especially if you are using weights.

Thanks Womble - I'm not new to exercise and that's what's weird! I usually feel pain around the 48-72hr mark, not the day after - and since I got TOM this am, I now understand why. I'm usually very sensitive around that time

I usually don't like to eat before exercise, but I did this morning and it went much better. And the session was loads better as today was aerobics not body resistance training like the other day (squats, dips and push-ups ok, but pull-ups :eek: - that's when I FULLY take stock of how much I weigh!!!!!) My arms and stomach still feel like cement blocks but that too shall pass

Still have not tried on what I'm supposed to wear for the wedding, hopefully TOM will have passed too.
I wore a sweater I couldn't get into 10 days ago so that's real positive. Still not holding my breath for a change in pant size :confused:

I'm on week 10 and only went down a size in trousers last week. I've been a size smaller in tops for a few weeks now. Hence my quick shop for work clothes at the weekend :D

I think adding in the exercise, especially the resistance work,will tone you up and get you into the smaller clothes - I think that is when I saw a change. I'm sure the wedding outfit will fit fine :)

Hi, you are doing so so good, just read all your diary in one go, it's really inspirational!
Good work on your loss so far, and on being strong even when it's super hard!
Did you end up going to Barcelona?
x

Hi, you are doing so so good, just read all your diary in one go, it's really inspirational!
Good work on your loss so far, and on being strong even when it's super hard!
Did you end up going to Barcelona?
x

Thanks, I really don't wish to revisit my regain again, so I will be rereading my diary frequently. As a matter of fact, I reread the first week last weekend and I can't believe how fast the time is passing.
I'm off to Lake Como for the 3 day wedding... That's going to be fun (I'm bringing positivity here).
I was looking for a wedding gift registry but nah they want the greens - You guys will NEVER guess what these cheeky youngsters are asking for... It's true that they've been living together for 3 years now but sheesh, and i mean SHEESH!

I'm finally taking my kids to Madrid the first week of April, - people around me are freaking out about the events and that I should travel with them... :eek:o_O I mean really?
Anyway, I know that my husband has reserved something for our anniversary as well so April will be weekends away. I'm not going to miss out on life, I'll just keep on being 100% in between and pick up when I come back. Plus I'll have my husband giving me the evil eye, so I won't be doing too much straying :rolleyes:

I also have my June medical visit still looming in the background so there's no way this lady's falling off the wagon any time soon! You guys just can't imagine how that's stressing me out!

Woke up in the middle of the night sick as a dog :spit:- I had some coke Z and some crackers. TOM is currently wrecking my life. I need to do something about it ASAP - it just gets worse every month now :(

It's awful isn't it. I'm the same and it gets me down. Hope you feel a bit better today

Have a wonderful time in the Italian lakes - very jealous!

And I have the same comments from well-meaning family about flying. In fact, I'm absolutely petrified of flying and usually take a little something to calm my nerves during a flight (always been like that - was a real issue when travelling with work with my colleagues) but even in light of recent events, I would still fly. Terrorists want us to live in fear, but we should be strong and resilient. x

Yeah, you cannot stop living, I learned that early on in life. My mother was a diplomat and we were taken in a hostage situation. Ever since then, I don't think "events" ever even phased me... It's just when I hear people panicking - I start to think maybe I'm not behaving "safely" with my children.

Lovely, Lake Como and then Madrid :)

Don't think twice about flying with the children. It is still the safest way to travel. Would you stop taking the train or metro after the recent events?

I agree with Womble, the terrorists aim is to get us to live in fear and stop doing what we would usually do. Enjoy the wedding and the break with your children :D

Lovely, Lake Como and then Madrid :)

Don't think twice about flying with the children. It is still the safest way to travel. Would you stop taking the train or metro after the recent events?

I agree with Womble, the terrorists aim is to get us to live in fear and stop doing what we would usually do. Enjoy the wedding and the break with your children :D

Thank you! I'm sure I'll enjoy this weekend!! I just need to pack - I've discovered that I really have a problem with that. Last trip to Athens saw me basically throwing things in at the last minute and I almost missed my flight. :oops:
I was never like that

Packing, I am useless at it. I end up leaving my stuff out for my OH to pack for me :oops:

Have a great weekend :D

Glad your exante came! Enjoy!
Little tip for you, don't read my diary this weekend :rolleyes::eek: just incase.

I've just read your mum was a diplomat and you were taken in a hostage situation!!??? What???! That's crazy.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter X

Funny - I thought the hot cross bun was revolting!

I think it is an acquired taste. My first was hmmm, now I quite like it.

Back