The last of the Mohicans

Well done for getting straight back on track. Life is hard and it will take time to break the cycles that have gotten you where you are now. But it is achievable and we can do this!!!

Ooh that's the worst... Because I absolutely loathe getting up in the middle of the night. I try to stop the water at 7pm. After that it's little sips here and there.
Ditto.... I'm so lazy once I get in bed.

I was only up once :)

Just finished wrapping up the very short week we've had and the official countdown until the film festival starts has begun... And I've got 40 days to shift some serious weight.

1.5 liters of water and 3 coffees down with 1/2 a bar - it is on!

drank 1l with a cookie - choc mint - the texture is a bit weird like cornmeal (?) but the mint saves the day. I've tried all the cookies now and I must admit that I'm not a total fan - I'll try them again in a couple of weeks - maybe my tastebuds will have changed

I've not tried the mint cookie yet but the chocolate one I tried was strange and I thought salty but my taste buds seem to change quite a lot at the mo so I do keep trying things I haven't liked! Not the scone though lol won't go there again x

Wow! I'm impressed

I didn't drink a full final litre :( I am trying to get the water in earlier today.

I've not had any of the cookies - to me they are more like something you would have with a cup of tea mid afternoon rather than a meal substitute.

I've not tried the mint cookie yet but the chocolate one I tried was strange and I thought salty but my taste buds seem to change quite a lot at the mo so I do keep trying things I haven't liked! Not the scone though lol won't go there again x
haha, seems like you REALLY didn't like those - like me and the egg&bacon omelette NOOOOO

I've already eaten my 3 packs and had my water, and I may go for 4 before the evening's over!
Food is set for the family so I don't have any reason to go to the kitchen - I think I'll go catch a movie or something because my fuse is very short with my husband and i've been wanting to tear into non authorized food and drinks since he's walked in a little while ago....

All caught up! Hectic few weeks - very jel of lake como. Thanks for sharing your hostage situation - truly fascinating and terrifying! Thank god you guys were OK :)

I'd have been livid at car situation too! What did he buy?

And thanks whoever said the tip about turning phone on its side to see the footers - so useful :)

Last night I ended up having 1/2 a peanut bar when I came back which I think I could have done without and i had one last bottle of water over the evening.

I had a big blowout with my husband before leaving so I was happy when a girlfriend called asking if I was free.
We ended up going to Monaco for the Printemps des Arts - Mahler symphony No 4... I was not sure I'd be in the mood but I actually had a good time. We had a coffee and as she was driving (I hate the drive into Monaco esp at night) there was no alcohol ordered ;) She had an apple crumble with the works, but I was ok.

Blondcat - he bought a Ghibli S... so it was planned! Guys and their toys, we had briefly mentioned getting the Levante as I do the kid run and theres always loads of gear to haul (them, their friends, their sports stuff). And I honestly thought that would be the next purchase. His sister says it's the 50 y.o. mid-life crisis as her husband did something similar not too long ago :confused:

Anyway, today is a new day, it will be 100%. I got some wedding pictures back - the headshot are nice... the full body ones are depressing, but i'm now more determined to lose the last stones, no excuses! This weekend is holiday planning because by the time I emerge it will be June already and spots fill up quickly

Sounds like you had a good evening :)

You can forgive the husband for buying the Ghibli S. I would if that is what my OH had picked me up in :p But then I actually tend to drive my OH's car more than my own :oops:

Have a good 100% day :D

I'm debating on whether to wait until I'm at goal to get a hair makeover or do it now. My mother in law always having "advice" to dole out suggested I cut my hair as it would make me look "years younger"... So glad she has my back!
It is so funny as last week everyone I hadn't seen since Christmas said there was something different about me... I was "glowing and looked younger every time they saw me" - bless their heart, they will never come straight out and ask if i've lost weight...o_O But looking at the pictures :eek:

Sounds like you had a good evening :)

You can forgive the husband for buying the Ghibli S. I would if that is what my OH had picked me up in :p But then I actually tend to drive my OH's car more than my own :oops:

Have a good 100% day :D
Thanks Sadie!
I had a great evening because I was able to go out and stay 100% without being tempted! That's the best part because there's no fun in going out and feeling you're deprived of everything around you. She's a very understanding friend as she usually doesn't meddle in other people's business nor does she have a need to gossip.
However, when we go out, she usually gets her drink on. I was pleasantly surprised last night as that wasn't even in the plan.

Re the car - it's not so much the purchase (though it is a little - he bought a motorcycle in December for his bday... He just keeps saying it's not every year he's turned 50 - there's still 8 months left until he can't use that excuse anymore :eek:)... He just acted like a kid caught with his hands in the candy jar - waiting until the last possible minute to tell me and then taking off in it with the guys - and my pride (being honest) about being left out of the loop!!
o_O

Hello ladies, happy to report I am now just barely but I'm there.... into the 16s :stickdance: Despite the wedding and the off plan day wednesday, I've lost 4lbs
I know I'll gain from 5 days in Madrid, but hopefully all the sightseeing will help... but it's the downwards trend that's encouraging!

Last edited:
Back