The last of the Mohicans

Yeah, you cannot stop living, I learned that early on in life. My mother was a diplomat and we were taken in a hostage situation. Ever since then, I don't think "events" ever even phased me... It's just when I hear people panicking - I start to think maybe I'm not behaving "safely" with my children.

WTF!!! You can't just drop that in and leave it there.......

Hey you guys! I'm back :D

OK so for the hostage situation before I move on to how exciting this weekend went. I like to refer to it as the nicer terrorists of the 70s - nothing like what happens today. We lived in Nouakchott (Mauritania) and they were forever protesting over Dada's regime. So one day, we were walking to the plane (back when you had to walk to the aircraft to get in :)) and out of nowhere these guys with guns and grenades rushed us up in the plane - made the staff close the doors and held us in there for what seemed like a whole day and I remember it being sooo hot, but my mom says it was only 5-6 hours. They made us all hand them our passports, and started their "triage" - they only kept the interesting people - made everyone else get out. We were let out because my brother was like 9months and was screaming his head off - but they kept my mom though. They were apparently gunned down by the time it was all over

So this weekend - oh boy!!
The wedding was great and really beautiful. I'm still in awe of huge families (we are on the groom's side) - my husband is one of the 34 cousins and the bride has 27 so right there you've got the set up - along with the rest of the fan, the kids and the friends, we were about 350 at the actual ceremony and 200 over the 3 days... got to see family members I hadn't seen for months - the food was very healthy
They had a caviar & champagne bar, loads of seafood then there was the sit down dinner . The wedding cake was actually a huge sailboat made of all sorts of exotic fruits! It was a real masterpiece (they had "terrines" with all sorts of panda cottas and tiramisu etc. but being allergic to milk - I stayed away). I only had half glass of champagne for the toast so I'm super proud!

We went sailing on Easter Sunday and it was really nice. We then had a sort of family reunion lunch at the restaurant afterwards and dinner back at the hotel.
Yesterday morning my husband disappeared with a group of them and came back with a new car... still peeved about that! So he drove it back down yesterday afternoon with 2 guys and I was stuck rearranging the travel arrangements back. Still not talking to him - it's not the car, it's how these guys act when they're together - anyway that's it. Of course, I'm the one who's going to get stuck having to do the paperwork for the car as well :mad: - because clearly I have the time.

I will not weigh this week as I don't feel it will make my mood any better. I'll weigh next Sunday and go from there.

Wow, a hostage situation - it would kind of change your outlook a little.

The wedding sounded fabulous :D

At least you were around (sort of) when the new car was purchased. A few years back I flew to the US to present at conference. I was away for a week. I was dropped off at the airport in one car and picked up in a different one. We skyped everyday and not a word was said about changing the car o_O At least there wasn't any travel arrangements to be changed or international paperwork. And it wasn't my car, but still not a word about it

It's the exclusion I feel that really p$$es me off! I know for a FACT they've been talking about it for some time since they apparently had the trip back planned! I really don't mind, I'm the first one ready to take off with my girlfriends, but if he knew and had given me a heads up, I could have made arrangements before we set off!

Actually, that is it- it's the exclusion.

Well had my 3 packs and my water. Was tempted To go for 4 packs this am but my stomach is rather upset. I worked from home and just caught up with all the pending paperwork that needed to be completed.
I'm off to bed, I'm just so beat

Oh No...hope you feel better soon :)

Hope you've started to feel better

Hello ladies, today is a new day - which means yesterday was a bad - revert to old behavior - day.
I had such pains in the morning, couldn't even drink water - how did it go from that to off plan?
1. I think not having had anything to eat or drink until 5PM contributed to it
2. Being so upset with my husband who was unreachable all day for a good dose of telling off - made me eat my feelings
3. My daughter stayed home because she had a cello audition in the evening - and boy can this one stress! As a parent you wish you could take it all on yourself to spare them the hard things in life - i think that's what I did, and it finally clicked as to why my stomach was in such knots

So when that was all over (she passed of course as always!), she wanted to celebrate. I took her out to the restaurant and had a relatively good meal (salad and salmon) - but when I got home - I ate a bar, some crackers and loads of pistachios :oops::confused: Until my stomach ached again. I must really work on that - I didn't even see it coming!

So I'm back up and determined to have a 100% day. Have had a coffee and 1/2 a bar. Will now start drinking my water

Hope everyone else has a great 100% day

Have a great day, hope you are all better now x

Glad you are back on track. I am still amazed at how I can take on family members stress. I stress for everyone and when I am stressed I eat :rolleyes:

Since being on the diet I seem to have avoided stress eating, but I have been (reliably) informed I now have a very short fuze instead :(

It seems I have transferred my stress from eating to snapping at people :oops:

Glad you are back on track. I am still amazed at how I can take on family members stress. I stress for everyone and when I am stressed I eat :rolleyes:

Since being on the diet I seem to have avoided stress eating, but I have been (reliably) informed I now have a very short fuze instead :(

It seems I have transferred my stress from eating to snapping at people :oops:

Hahah I already am known for my very short fuse! But surprisingly it's gotten slightly better. My mother helps us out tremendously which is quite surprising as she was not very "present" in my upbringing... but she sure is making it up to me with her grandchildren... :D

I just have to stop my stress eating whenever I have a problem that is out of my control... or with my husband - who is usually out of my control anyway:p.

So far, I am on plan... I've had a bar for breakfast and a curry for lunch (that still puts a smile on my face), and I've downed 2l of water. I just have to stay on track until next wednesday and tell myself not to go overboard in Madrid.

Grandparents can be the best :D My parents helped out no end when my son was young. Again quite surprising as my Mum wasn't as hands on with me as she was running her own business. Mind you again, my grandmother was always there helping out.

Partners always seem to be out of our control :D

I have curry to look forward to for "dinner" this evening :)

I finished my curry about 20 minutes ago. I still have at least a litre of water to get through yet :oops:

Ooh that's the worst... Because I absolutely loathe getting up in the middle of the night. I try to stop the water at 7pm. After that it's little sips here and there.

Last edited:
Back