Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Hooray day 7 done and dusted! The fatigue is gone (for now) and I felt great today - okay, confession time: it's early days but I swear I see a loss of puffiness in my face and giant tummy; actually it's not so giant anymore :) Yay me. I don't care if it's day 7, if I'm delusional is my delusion hahaha. Seriously though I wish I'd measured my statistics (thighs, waist etc) on October 2nd before I started this journey .... Oh well, I'm in bed now but I'll do it tomorrow.

I'm really excited about where this is going for me this time (to maintenance and beyond!!!).

I hope everyone in this lovely miniverse had a positive day x

Hooray day 7 done and dusted! The fatigue is gone (for now) and I felt great today - okay, confession time: it's early days but I swear I see a loss of puffiness in my face and giant tummy; actually it's not so giant anymore :) Yay me. I don't care if it's day 7, if I'm delusional is my delusion hahaha. Seriously though I wish I'd measured my statistics (thighs, waist etc) on October 2nd before I started this journey .... Oh well, I'm in bed now but I'll do it tomorrow.

I'm really excited about where this is going for me this time (to maintenance and beyond!!!).

I hope everyone in this lovely miniverse had a positive day x

Well done on getting to day 7 :)

I get where your coming from about feeling less " puffy " I already feel less bloated and its only day 4.

My CDC measured me at the start and it is good to see the changes but clothes will be your best guide. With almost every st I dropped a dress size last year and I use that as a rough guide.

Off to bed in a mo so here's to another fab day for us all tomorrow x

So had my Official WI today - I already knew I was moving in the right direction with my mid-week update to spur me on, but (drum roll please...) - I have now lost 18lbs since the start of October (7lbs this week)!!! :wee: 1st 4lbs ... I'm so happy and (fingers crossed it continues) I'm finding this 'last restart' effortless ... well, at least I am now that my focus is set.

So. 18st 1lb today ... onward to the 17s! Oh how well I know the losses will slow down and I'll fight for every measly pound lost - and some weeks it will only be a pound or two - hence all my celebrating of these big initial losses now. I'll take my victories where I can find them lol

I'm having a gloriously lazy Sunday; the wind is howling (precursor to this huge predicted storm due to hit tonight) and I've been snuggled under a duvet on the sofa watching u tube videos and QVC :)

You know what makes it even more special? I'd usually be surrounded by mounds of crisps and junk food on a snuggle day like today .... And not only am I having a perfectly lovely time without it - I'm not mentally missing it!

Two shakes down and on track for another 100% day :)

Be good x

Last edited:
I'm having a gloriously lazy Sunday; the wind is howling (precursor to this huge predicted storm due to hit tonight) and I've been snuggled under a duvet on the sofa watching u tube videos and QVC :) You know what makes it even more special? I'd usually be surrounded by mounds of crisps and junk food on a snuggle day like today .... And not only am I having a perfectly lovely time without it - I'm not mentally missing it! Two shakes down and on track for another 100% day :) Be good x

Go you :) perfect Sunday ! It's amazing how fast we realise we don't NEED food, it's all about choice. I'm also snuggled with the TV on phone in hand and reading posts here, I could stuff my face with junk but we've both chosen not to and we both feel better for not doing it so it just shows that once were in the zone we not only no longer need it but also no longer want it.
Here's to another fab week :)

Oh well done to you too! It's amazing how much our minds have already changed so early on .... It just reinforces that it takes no super power to crack this diet once you get in the mental zone :) xxx Let's keep the momentum going we're doing so well! Long may it continue :)

Here here :)

Wow. Confession time: I took an I underwear shot of my self on the 3rd October (when I officially restarted), and took a follow up one just now .... and I see a difference :D Okay, Kelly Brooks' career is safe but I see a slight loss on the tum & thighs. I'm going to measure myself in the morning as visually it's harder to judge, while inches can't be argued with.

It's interesting how focused on myself I am too. I know a real 'negative nelly' (my ex-husband) who always tries to find out if I'm dieting and then sabotages me (one memorable visit he turned up with a24 pack of cheese and onion crisps - my usual poison) and for the last three days he just won't leave me alone. Yesterday saw five missed (read: ignored) calls! And I couldn't care less :) I want to be free. Free of the expectations and needs of others (especially those not in my immediate nuclear family), free of subtle put downs and illogical competitiveness. Free of the burdensome wants of a man that emotionally and mentally abused me for years and that I divorced 13 YEARS ago! Every time I try to move on... He's there trying to mess with my head. I'll tell you the worst thing. We travelled abroad for my Father's funeral last November. We were gone 11 days & my son's father volunteered to move in and feed my cat. You can imagine how gruelling, devastating and truly horrible my son & I found those 11 unexpected horrifying days. We walked in, Sunshine Boy went up to his room, I'm still in my airport clothes (after travelling, with transfers, for 12-ish hours the clothes were ready to stand on their own!), have just started running the bath and was making a cup of coffee .... When this pig launches a verbal attack on me. He had searched my whole home for 11 days, (including my old- forgotten - in - drawers - mobile phones) "how dare I have men friends?" he says; He hacked my online dating accounts, I'm "clearly not the decent woman I pretend to be", how dare I date, I'm sickening, blah, blah, blah. And the worst thing? I was so bereaved, so in shock (as he loomed over me shouting) I'm ashamed to say I started explaining myself!!!?!???! That anger and sense of violation - which I've been carrying around for the last year - has led me to some realities about myself. I'm a strong bold woman; confident, independent focused, solvent. Why am I treating myself like im less? Why am I even friendly with this loser? We don't have sex, I own my home, he visits his son every other weekend - but I let him check up and bug me every day. Why? I eat and eat and eat the savoury food I adore, I cook for an army on the match and eat most of it myself .... And the truly sad part? His searching led him to reading up about a man I had met and dated who was actually precious to me; this new guy (we'll call him RC) made me feel Beautiful. He read all of our private messages all of this lovely man's private thoughts. I felt as if I had betrayed RC's trust, so I backed away. Yes. Clever, insightful, together Beverley backed away from "just-maybe" happiness. I haven't been in love for 13 and a half years. 13 and a half YEARS. And my ex - husband barking at me "who the hell is this RC? I can tell he has deep feelings for you. Are you sleeping with him?" - made me let him go. I let RC go. RC was so confused and wanted to be there for me in my grief ... but it felt tainted somehow. I'm so sorry RC. It's taken me a year of self loathing, emotional overeating, major life changes to get back to the 'Me' I truly am. The 'me' I was before the food, the obesity, the bullying. And when I get to goal, I'm going to find RC and see what's what :) So that's my mini plan (beyond loving and nurturing 'Me' on this Change Of Life journey) give my healthy, best, self a chance to love again....

Last edited:
A underwear shoot is a great way to look back on changing body shapes.

Your Ex sounds a bit of a knob ! No wonder he's a EX ! ! !

Don't let anyone's negativity put you off plan, you will feel so much better mentally when you take control of things.

Here's to a fab new week x x x

I'm holding on to my positivity and plans for a healthier future no matter what!

Ten days SS :D

I hope you have a brilliant day - when's your WI? Tuesday?

Positivity will get you through, yes my weigh in is tomorrow, I can't flipping wait. 2 Ltr of water already today :)
Will post as soon as I've been weighed tomorrow x

You know, a few of my buddies on here have had weigh ins over the last couple of days with 100% hard won successes, and I'm so proud of us all, that something occurred to me .... When we've fallen off the wagon in the past, we've given ourselves so much sh!t for unsuccessful restarts .... But y'all are some of the most determined and focused folks I've ever encountered! Then I realised there was no disconnect! You're succeeding because you kept trying: if the power went out and we tried to light a candle but the match wouldn't spark what would we keep doing? We'd keep striking that match until we got a flame. We wouldn't shrug our shoulders and sit in the dark!

So to all you fabulous ladies and gents who kept striking the match until you got the spark of determination back: Bravo. You are the brave who refuse to sit in the dark of your own beautiful lives. And to all those who sleep with tears over another 'misfired' Day 1? It's a law of physics dearheart: keep striking that match; your spark will come xx

On my lord my hormones must be away as that nearly made me cry !

Very well said x x

Had another easy breezy day of 100% SS.... Only thing worth noting is the wind. Good Lord, the WIND! Storm St Jude has nothing on me if the looks of alarm from my son and cat are anything to go by lol. Yeah so, I can only hope this charming lady like phase passes quickly (I embrace my pun :D).

Lol @ the wind, bless you it affects us all in different ways and thankfully no wind here in the North East :)
Your doing great hunni.
I'm loving your posts x x x

Back